It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What zombie movies are really all about

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's about conditioning people to get used to not having food when we have food shortages/dollar collapse. You're gonna see hordes of zombie-like cannibals devouring eachother when they get desperate

It'll be like the Book of Eli movie except with larger hordes of cannibals.. roving stomachs that'll devour anything in their path

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versalife
It's about conditioning people to get used to not having food when we have food shortages/dollar collapse. You're gonna see hordes of zombie-like cannibals devouring eachother when they get desperate

It'll be like the Book of Eli movie except with larger hordes of cannibals.. roving stomachs that'll devour anything in their path

Source or you made it up. Really... Doesn't something like this belong on belowtopsecret...? Hell I don't know I'm not a mod but I find this topic lacking...severely.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The term 'zombie' comes from Haitian voodoo. 'zhambi'. Its a tradition of drug induced slavery.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
good thing i have my end of the world zombie holocaust survival kit ready and handy. remember ... machetes dont run out of bullets!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ha - Gotta love ATS. Mega quakes, Tsunamis, Nuclear Meltdown and then you see a post like this.

Seriously, I love it. I mean, c'mon admit it. A lot of us have wondered what the heck the popularity is all about - now even a Pride & Prejudice and Zombies movie.

So, here's the thing... YUCK ...

I am so glad, that for those of us with more refined tastes, there is the more attractive undead theme of vampires to prepare us. Um, I'll have one undead hunk to go please.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Im thinking the ideas of zombies is just that...an idea. I dont forsee a time (in the near future) where people will act or behave with the manners of zombies. And if they did then the average person would still have no idea what to do regardless of the recent zombie thriller they just watched.

Good Day

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think it relates to Revelation in the part which states that people will seek death but be unable to find it. It really is one of the most horrifying notions in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

effective range of a machete? a rifle?

i would prefer a rooftop, away from bite range, over in the mix. plus, what if some blood splatters in your eye?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I think it relates to Revelation in the part which states that people will seek death but be unable to find it. It really is one of the most horrifying notions in the Bible.

If you know of anyone seeking death send them my way, I'll handle it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There are many forms of Zombies that have sprang from the original haitian origin. While I don't see any real Zombies as in undead bastards trying to eat me. I could see some thing more akin to the 28 days later zombie. There are quite a few virus that effect the frontal lobe which could make Rage Zombies.

Remember in a Zombie war shooting guns just attract more zombies. so one should never

A) should never get them self stuck in a place they can't get out of.
B) should never get them self surrounded by zombies or stuck see A you will run out of ammo its just a matter of when not if. Time is not on your side.

C) Save a bullet for you self and any one else who asks for it.

In conclusion When and If the zombies attack I going to take my Jeep with my small family load my weapons but carry a Sword less noise that way. than I'm going to head up a mountain to a house I know of and take it over. learn to hunt and set up traps as well as a detection system.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Versalife

I'm thinking more dawn of the dead - brain-dead, greedy consumers hanging out in malls and drifting around aimlessly, not really achieving all that much with their time. Feeding off those who aren't infected with their plague.

Oh wait..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Versalife

Would it not be more MAd MAx and Road warrior style?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you're referring to predictive programming, this is a good alternative interpretation I had not thought of.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
dude zombie movies are talking about how humanity just goes around aimlessing depleting all there reasources

george ramaro even said he wanted the zombies to mimic humans in a natural envirorment

he wanted to show how people just go around spend money with no purpose and how civilization will collapse because people will destroy by depleting all natural and even man made reasources

it in no one is talking about how people will have to deal with food shortages and the dollar collapsing

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
#ing trolls. you´re just everywhere. confusing people.

yes, ALL zombie movies are about US, when things go down.
Its fracking obvious.

Posting against that is just a proof that youre a #ing troll...or a fracking lizard or whatever. masons.

it's all fracked up. it's all going down. right now.
prophecies coming true.

welcome to the end of days folks. prepare to meet the zombies. for real.

Love ALL

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Zombie movies are subliminal advertisements for Starbucks and energy drinks.

The implication is that without coffee you are a slow, shambling mess. They are conditioning you to consume their work drugs. Watch the movies and listen to the comments about sleepiness, as well as the number of coffee images and jargon: joe, java, lava, etc. Also watch for mermaid imagery from starbucks, as well as serape and donkey motiffs from Juan Valdez.

Must. stay. awake.....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by reef75
#ing trolls. you´re just everywhere. confusing people.

yes, ALL zombie movies are about US, when things go down.
Its fracking obvious.

Posting against that is just a proof that youre a #ing troll...or a fracking lizard or whatever. masons.

it's all fracked up. it's all going down. right now.
prophecies coming true.

welcome to the end of days folks. prepare to meet the zombies. for real.

Love ALL

What makes you so certain? Which prophecies are coming true? Seems like a it of a stretch to be making these claims with such confidence imo.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Zombie movies are about showing people

that you can be dead and even move around in high temperatures

without stinking

if you use the right deodorant

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
oh this zombie thing is real. However I know the process that a person reviving the dead must do, which is disgusting, they revive the body and have to bite out the tongue of the reanimated body.

However, no known events such as this have occurred over the news.

Where I got my source is from a book called "The history and practice of Magic by Paul Christiansen." This book is dangerous and have dark things in it such as beating one person without laying one finger on them, or kill a person within a year and not lead it to you.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

you know the movie search.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join