It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost city of Atlantis, swamped by tsunami, may be found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Lost city of Atlantis, swamped by tsunami, may be found

au.news.yahoo.com

NORTHAMPTON, Mass (Reuters) - A U.S.-led research team may have finally located the lost city of Atlantis, the legendary metropolis believed swamped by a tsunami thousands of years ago in mud flats in southern Spain.

"This is the power of tsunamis," head researcher Richard Freund told Reuters.

"It is just so hard to understand that it can wipe out 60 miles inland, and that's pretty much what we're talking about," said Freund, a University of Hartford, Connecticut, professor who lead an international team searching for the true site of Atlantis.

To solve the age-old mystery, the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
G'day Wise Ones,
Well here we have another lot saying they have found Atlantis, maybe these guys are onto something.

I will be watching and waiting for further developments.

Looking thru search, there are a few other posts on Atlantis saying they have found Atlantis of the cost of Africa and other places, but Plato did say it was somewhere near the Mediterranean Sea.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernoonos

OH Bugger, I look up in the search for Alantis but didn't look up for "lost city of Atlantis" and there is already a post on this. How do I delete this post, and yes the search is our friend.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I thought it was in argentina
near Montevideo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I know I'm of Indian heritage, and this is heavily biased, but what about the findings under water off the coast of Dwarka, Gujrat? Why wasn't that further investigated, and just blamed on "faulty equipment"? What if THAT was Atlantis? It would make sense: 1.) Sanskrit is an Indo-European language and is thought to be related to European languages and is thousands of years old, in addition, ancient pagan and vedic hindu gods are very similar, for example, there's a guy in archaic Hinduism known as "Dyaush Pitr" (sky father), his name is kinda similar to Zeus and Jupiter, and so is his role 2.) it's believed that the site is around 9-12,000 years old (which is oddly enough, the age that's preached by most Hindus) 3.) 9,000 years ago actually corresponds PERFECTLY with the date Plato cited for Atlantis

In addition, if Europeans descended from the inhabitants of Dvaraka (the ancient city) or the Indus Valley Civilization (there are also genetic ties between North Indians, a lot of Persians and Europeans), then it would make perfect sense, considering that Atlantis is an age old tale that was passed down from generation to generation and Plato decided that he wanted to confirm it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There's actually some pictures attached to the BBC report on this. Still awaiting further evidence but this IMHO might be the best match we've had so far:

BBC Article: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Media coverage of the find.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ok so I just watched the 'Finding Atlantis' documentary about this and I have to say I think they may just have found it. I don't want to spoil it for anybody so I won't give out any details but suffice it to say this isn't just another bunch of wannabes and the evidence they present is compelling to say the least.

I assume if it's not already on YouTube it will be soon. I highly recommend watching it.
edit on 14/3/2011 by Kryties because: iPhone autocorrect issue - damn u Jobs!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
I thought it was in argentina
near Montevideo

Montevideo is the capital Uruguay....

.... But I suppose they are both in the same river mouth/ bay (Rio de la Plata)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
jesus ya know! how did atlantis become assocaited with south ameica or the carribean? plato talks of it being in the meddieteranena sea! they didnt even know their was a south america at the time. geesh they didnt eve know china was too thier east! let alone russian. it was all europe* that was documetned at that time, moreso greece and meddieteranean, and northern africa. he said it was an isalnd with 3 rings, and some kinda landbridge. that may have been the southern tip of spain, that canal thier.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Discussed, as was said, in lots of other places. Thread closed.

top topics

join