It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan disaster - GOOD NEWS Thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OK folks, there is enough pain and destruction going on. However there is also some good news and stories coming out of this.

I am posting this here to record all the examples of human spirit, survival, and show the sparks of light in the midst of the darkness.

Feel free to add as and when you come across such noteworthy news.

Just to start off

60 Year old man is picked up alive after being dragged 9 MILES out to sea.

3 people are rescued from their buried car after being trapped in the mud and wreckage for 20 hours and are now being cared for.

Water and electric supplies starting to come back in some of the cities.

Partial Tokyo subway systems are to resume.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I guess I can appreciate your intent. But honestly, the "good" news only makes me feel worse for those people. It makes me wonder how many other people are adrift at sea clinging to debris who will never be seen and rescued. After surviving the worst, they will just linger out there in the ocean hoping, and help will never come.

And how many people are buried in mud or rubble who will not be dug out? I always think of this, every earthquake. Of those who lay in the rubble alone, or with their dead family members, hoping to be saved, in pain, thirsty, afraid.

I am so happy for those who will be saved. But my heart just cant go to happy right now, because right now there are people dying who could be saved, but wont be.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I get what you mean, I just feel with all the heartbreaking images being beamed in, and the terrible consequences of natures anger and the effects on human development. Shows how fragile out society is. And feel that the spirit of endeavor, compassion, love, caring, as well as survival, is just as note worthy as the death and destruction.

I only do this to try and maintain balance. as it does not do to dwell on the dark-side too much. We need some light ioherwise it just become corrosive to the soul

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just be glad that there aren´t more Dead...i guess this is one good thing about the Japan Gov.,they prepared People for something like that,can´t say that about anywhere else,right?

Another good thing,there is Debate right now in Germany to shut down the older Nuclear Power Plants due to the Disaster in Japan. We have some that had some serious Malfunctions in the past. Krümmel for example.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Good for you...

Enough of hanging crepes...finding the positive side of this tragedy and focusing on it
could help things turn around...opposites attract and right now the opposite of doom, death and
destruction would go a long way.

Flag and star for you...thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They make killer tv's and phones. Good.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I worked for two different Japanese companies in London for the best part of 13 years - as a people they are resourceful, logical, hard-working and great planners. The word being used in the MSM at the moment is 'stoical' - that also describes the mindset well.

Hard work is in their genes , with that in mind they may be down but they are not out they have all the characteristics to come back from this.

A lovely phrase of encouragement came back to me yesterday which I think appropriate for Japan as a whole
right now :
' Gambatte Kudusai ! ' Hard work/fight ! I suppose it could also mean keep your chin up. It is used in so many different scenarios - to anyone Japanese reading this I hope the sentiment is correct .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I guess I can appreciate your intent. But honestly, the "good" news only makes me feel worse for those people. It makes me wonder how many other people are adrift at sea clinging to debris who will never be seen and rescued. After surviving the worst, they will just linger out there in the ocean hoping, and help will never come.

And how many people are buried in mud or rubble who will not be dug out? I always think of this, every earthquake. Of those who lay in the rubble alone, or with their dead family members, hoping to be saved, in pain, thirsty, afraid.

I am so happy for those who will be saved. But my heart just cant go to happy right now, because right now there are people dying who could be saved, but wont be.

Glass half empty.

OP: Glass half full.

Two sides to every coin...it's all a matter of perspective. People are living, people are dying.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I only do this to try and maintain balance. as it does not do to dwell on the dark-side too much. We need some light ioherwise it just become corrosive to the soul

I think its okay to be sad when its sad.

It feels weird and manic and strange to try and force happiness or cheeriness at such a dark hour.

That time will come. But when my family member is bleeding out on the ground and the paramedics are working frantically on them, thats not the time for someone to try to show me the "light." You know? Its weird and controlling, and unnatural. Those people, our relatives, are still in the throes of the disaster. Still without food, still buried alive in some cases, its not unhealthy to still feel sad for them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well it means this week my kids arent going to make me watch Bleach or Naruto Shippuuden...
nor will I have to give up my computer so they can read Manga on line... that's good right?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

I dont know what you are talking about. Glasses are always all the way full, and only retards think otherwise.

Its not about positive and negative. And those of you seeking to have a positive experience on the backs of this tragedy are not spiritual virtuosos. You are only spiritual legends in your own mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by totalmetal

I dont know what you are talking about. Glasses are always all the way full, and only retards think otherwise.

Its not about positive and negative. And those of you seeking to have a positive experience on the backs of this tragedy are not spiritual virtuosos. You are only spiritual legends in your own mind.

And some could say you're a miserable git for tarnishing an otherwise glimmer of hope in a grim situation.

And less of the retard insults, because that's discrimination and i'm pretty sure that's against ATS rules.

--

OP nice thread, nice sentiment, and hopefully might bring a little bit of hope into a dark world.

Also you forgot to mention the hard working nuclear guys who have avoided a bigger catastrophe by risking their lives trying to cool those reactors down

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No looting,No riots.
People are together and helping eachother .
They will win this fight !!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

And less of the retard insults, because that's discrimination and i'm pretty sure that's against ATS rules.

Um, its not discrimination, use a dictionary, and I dont really think it is against the TnC to point out that those who feel that a glass could be half empty are clearly not firing on all their cylinders. "Air" is a something, not a nothing. The whole idea of "half full/empty" glasses is stupid in factual terms, and only the fact that most people are incapable of acknowledging the gas in half the glass allows them to ignore its very obvious presence.

Your calling me a "miserable git" is much more a PERSONAL attack which IS against the TnC, because it is directed at me, personally. You just think phrasing it as a hypothetical makes you clever.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's one bit of good news...
Oil prices are dropping fast...
the worry is there may be a drop in demand from Asian markets thanks to this quake...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iXkI9Jlv_eV7RqLcV7GU7XHSiG0Q

(...)

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — A Malaysian newspaper has apologized for printing a caricature of Japanese cartoon superhero Ultraman comically trying to outrun a tsunami.

Malaysians reacted with a tirade of anger after the Malay-language Berita Harian daily newspaper published the cartoon Sunday. Critics vented on Twitter and Facebook and some called for a boycott of the paper.

(...)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Keep em coming folks!!

new topics

top topics

join