It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Zinc Really Work? Yup! Vitamin C? Not so much...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

If your point is that we must now ingest these very large doses by supplements, so it must be unnatural and detrimental.... well, I just think that's illogical.

Easy now. I never once said it was detrimental. I did say, regarding megadosing vitamin c:

It's just a little unreasonable. And completely unnecessary.

Not detrimental.

I have no problem whatsoever ingesting grams of ascorbic acid daily, popping a few pills or taking in some powder.

Understandable. But realize that many people do, especially given the lack of evidence.

If it works for nearly every other animal out there, then I'll go with common sense and say that it would benefit our health, in seemingly subtle, yet actually profound ways. I'll take the risk.

With all due respect, and I do respect your contribution to this forum, THAT is a perfect example of illogical and fallacious reasoning. If I lived on the coast isolated from many forms of land animals and I saw that fish and other water dwelling animals could survive for long periods of time underwater, and often times limitless, does that mean its common sense I can do the same? No.

That's a basic way of looking at it. I know. But it's the easiest way to describe just how elementary your assumption is.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I meant that in modern times, you won't die from it, because we all have fairly healthy diets. Vitamin C is obviously of great benefit. Intravenous injections of it have cured many people of illness.

Yes, what I'm saying is that you won't be harmed from lack of it, but you stand to gain from megadosing. All of this is explained in Pauling's book.

Also, there is nothing unnatural about supplementation. The body does this naturally by inciting a craving for a particular food when certain nutrients are lacking. If you lack calcium, for example, you might suddenly have an urge to eat lots of yogurt. That is basically the body telling you to supplement.
edit on 17/3/2011 by finalword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Where in nature are you going to find most of the common drugs are currently used to treat varying illness?

Just because it's not in nature doesn't mean it can't work.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join