It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Queda the only terrorist group?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me why if there are alot of terrorist cells out there in the world why the Bush Administration keep telling us that ONLY Al Queda is planning to attack us? Ex: 9/11, Madrid (Yes, I know it wasn't on our turf) and the coming elections. It just seems to me that if they're going to keep telling us this then Al Queda must be the only terrorist group out there? I'm just confused. Bush keep saying "War on Terrorism," and yet Al Quada is the only major one that keeps getting mentioned. It should be the "War on Al Queda" then.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's because Al-CIAda is a front and they know damn good and well what is going on with 'the group.'

Anyone who would join the terror group is an absolute idiot who deserves to be bent over and used to BushCo's satisfaction. They believe the fiction just like western lemmings do.

It's controlled chaos.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There are reportedly lots of little ones based in many countries but the media and governments have got into the habit of classing them all as Al Qaeda or 'Al Qaeda affiliates', for their own reasons

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It's because Al-CIAda is a front and they know damn good and well what is going on with 'the group.'
I'd definitely have to say Al-Qaeda is controlled. The term, "Al-CIA-duh", gaining popluarity among those who question their Government, was coined by a person named Lori Price, and also the term is popularly worded on the citizens for legit government website.

In my opinion, the only cells waiting to attack inside the United States are those that are directly influenced by order from within the CIA. Al-Qaeda is a facade for the ruling power in America.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Indeed. theres more terrorist groups out there than there are 40 year old virgins at a trek convention. Yet we only seem to care for Al-CIA-duh.

As if Bin Laden has suddenly become the new pope of all terrorism, and all terrorist groups are simply his parishes.

Indeed why havent the other terrorist groups, ect Hammas, gotten any attention? they cant all be linked to Bion Laden, seeing how he practice one form of Islam at odds with many others.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Because, in order to justify a war against a bad guy, to the people, you NEED a bad guy. You can't just say "terrorism", you can't just name off a list of groups...you need a name and a face, and Al Queda was chosen because they pulled off 911. Had 911 been the work of Hammas, etc. then we'd be out for them, and their leader's name would be a household word, not Osama's.....

You know, I used to be pretty firmly convinced that Bush and company, faulted as they are...had nothing consciously to do with 911... But there is still one factoid that keeps haunting me... The Saudi plane that picked up all the Bin Ladens, at a time when the airspace was closed (after 911) and flew them outta here.... That little factoid REALLY reeks, and shows that Bush and company KNEW who was responsible rather quickly...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Indeed. theres more terrorist groups out there than there are 40 year old virgins at a trek convention.

As if Bin Laden has suddenly become the new pope of all terrorism, and all terrorist groups are simply his parishes.

Yeah. They are using the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid.

AlQaeda = "Goldstein" (sp?) in Orwell's 1984.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There are thousands of terrorists groups across the country. Al-Queda is one of the largest networked Islamic Fundamentalists groups. But the main point is, we are not at war with terrorism. If we were, we would have targetted terrorists groups around the globe. The government (and media) need an enemy to constantly talk about that the people can understand. The use Al-Queda to keep us in fear. Here's the main thing for me. If we truely even wanted to destroy Al-Queda, then after Afganistan (if we ever finished... by I don't know, taking out the LEADER OF THE GROUP [funny how we get the "world's most dangerous dictator" in a few months but have no clue where the most "dangerous man alive" even is]) we shoudl have went to Indonesia. Indonesia has the largest Al-Queda population than any country in the world. Al-Queda has been a mostly banned group in the middle east. The countries may send them some money from time to time, but to keep themselves safe, they only supported operations in other areas. Asia is the biggest Al-Queda hangout, but you would never know it if you listened to the Bush administration.

new topics

top topics

join