It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death, Does It Exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And if so, what is it like?

We've had numerous records of people transcending to somekind of pre-death state where they've "soared above" (or towards a light) and witnessed the events of their medical operation which nearly ended up fatal.

Contrary to this I've heard from a relative who was technically dead for 2 minutes he saw absolutely nothing, only "blackness."

What are the metaphysical (?) means of our consciousness triumphing after the failure of our physical bodies?...

Of course all we know is life as we know it now is unique and one should salvage every given day and enjoy life if things are going sane and sweet... I believe the routine society and stress easily make one forget.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Of course there is life after death even scientifically.

The energy your body produces must go somewhere even though your physical body rots. But even your physical body decomposing aids other life.

Energy is transferable not destructible, its just whether or not our energy has a conciousness or is our conciousness.

So many possibilities but there is definitely some form of life after death.

Personally I believe in reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The idea of stopping to exist is so hard to grasp, yet anyone who has fainted has experienced a period of total unconsciousness. I fear that that's what death is like. On the bright side at least there's no eternal punishment.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Energy can never be broken down..Is this proof of a life after death..Possibly. But I feel it is more or less..When your body dies..YOU cease to exist, However your energy does not..

The energy is returned to the planet..And it will use it however it is needed. Without energy nothing could exist. So you will continue to live on..As long as this big blue planet keeps spinning.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Of course theres life after death, You've been there many times like all of us, you just don't remember.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
your energy breaks down and goes back to the universe, your mind stops working and thats it. there's no evidence for heaven or hell or even reincarnation. so make this life count dude.

i wish suntzu would comment on this.
edit on 13-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: context

also you can hallucinate at the time of death, but not everyone has the same experiences, so personal experiences aren't credible.
edit on 13-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Egyptian Book of the Dead has some fascinating tidbits, I suggest you check it out.

Such as, forced 3 day deaths leading to forced resurrections, specific chapters on how to re-awaken the body after death. One area covering the brain, one area covering the torso, etc. Chakra activation. All towards the goal of enlightenment. The Pineal gland, aka the Pine cone monuments found in every major civilization, including the Vatican.

A film reel is a great analogy. Cut out a piece, hold it to the light, you see one picture. That is your reality, the remaining tape is what we cannot access. Not in this life, but as ancient teachings would suggest, there are some "loopholes" to this, and I am beginning to believe that it all starts with Dreams.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Maybe it does, but i prefer to live every-day as productively as if it was the last, No thought of afterlife should comfort you when it can neither be proven nor is a certainty.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
your energy decimates into the nothingness, your mind stops working and thats it. there's no evidence for heaven or hell or even reincarnation. so make this life count dude.

Make this life count...cause its your only chance to learn your lessons...

SO what happens if you don't learn your lessons... do you go to hell?

Whats the point of making this life count if you can't learn from it?
edit on 13-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
interesting your relative was still aware even if it was blackness he was aware of. kind of relative to my belief that there is conscious awareness after physical death but i will never claim to understand what it is until the time when i experience myself. Also using physics a point in space and time is only defined when consciously observed so with no consciousness, there is no space and time, therefore bodily death cannot mean the end of the universe so consciousness continues. hope this doesnt sound too ranty as i am a little inebriated

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
Contrary to this I've heard from a relative who was technically dead for 2 minutes he saw absolutely nothing, only "blackness."

I almost more disbelieving about people who say they "saw blackness". Are they still that aware that all is "blackness", or did they just wake up without any memory of seeing something.

When we fall asleep, we don't see blackness between dreams that we're aware of, or if we go under anesthesia in a hospital, there is no blackness. We just go to sleep, then wake up, without any awareness of anything in between.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by vjr1113
your energy decimates into the nothingness, your mind stops working and thats it. there's no evidence for heaven or hell or even reincarnation. so make this life count dude.

Make this life count...cause its your only chance to learn your lessons...

SO what happens if you don't learn your lessons... do you go to hell?

Whats the point of making this life count if you can't learn from it?

a person can change more than once in a life time, i don t believe in hell

if you die a bad person then ppl will remember you a s a bad person
edit on 13-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is probably not quite the answer you are looking for, but from a Buddhist perspective, your personality is a construct of every interaction you have ever had with the world around you, and every time you interact with anyone else, they take a little of that on, as experience and eventually pass that on themselves. So you see, in a very real way, you are reincarnated all the time. But also, "you" do not exist, "you" are just a collection of experiences of other people, distilled, mixed and passed on through history.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Alright so what if you die as a bad person? You said you don't believe in hell...

So does that mean, thats it, no more to see, the end?

What would be the point if you can't learn from your mistakes?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you can while you're living, otherwise if you know you're a bad person when you're about to die, it's gonna be on your conscious. which is why i want to be the best person i can all the time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

What consciousness if you're dead?

See where im going with this

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by vjr1113

What concious if you're dead? See where im going with this

before you die i mean. i care how my family will remember me and i want to have a positive impact on society, it's my choice, i dont need a bible or god to tell me what to do. but i hate to think that hitler realized he was wrong after death, which i doubt would happen, and he's know reincarnated. there is no evidence for reincarnation anyways so i believe this is my only life and i want to live it as best i can.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
And if so, what is it like?

He saw darkness, he continued to be aware. When I was a very young child I was accidently poisoned. At the hospital I had an "out of body experience". Pretty common experience, I saw my body from above; but, that is as far as it went. Didn't make sense then and I still don't understand it. I didn't go into a tunnel or see a light, the experince was short. Perhaps the afterlife and the transition to it is different for each of us as we each have a different understanding of this life based on our ability to understand. What I find interesting is that regardless of what people's near death experience is, they continue being them, being aware of themselves.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
plenty evidence for reincarnation even in those without a tendency to accept it. Check out Dr Stevensons books
Even if it only can be reasonably verified only once, it is then still possible. Even Christian lore alludes to it, should you look.
My fiance has a client that's a medium and she never fails to be told things that nobody else but family could have known. I am unsure if it is evil or benign, but even if it is evil, it means another channel of existance and awarenness persists. The woman even told her the bizzare details of of one of our dogs death, which nobody could have guessed and the woman didnt even know we had a dog, or the other one we had at the time.
I may not know the details, but there is something spiritual that persists and communicates. And even if it;s devil, duality demands that evils opposite exists also

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You may as well ask: "Life before birth, does it exist?"

The answer of course, is yes.
Consciousness on the other hand, is an entirely different matter.
In what's considered the material world, we know very little about it.
Existence/consciousness is fractal in nature and, if you could but comprehend the enormity of the consequences of that, then the world would literally be yours for the taking, had not such realisation been accomplished many centuries ago.

Does a tree make a sound when it falls and there is noone to hear it?
No, it doesn't.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join