It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Indian airline pilots - what a real conspiracy looks like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
From Indian Express

A day after arresting a woman pilot for allegedly procuring a licence on forged documents, the Delhi Police were planning to investigate the possibility of a larger racket involving “monetary considerations” and “connivance” of officials from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).

Now here is a very real conspiracy that affects the safety of thousands of people every day - with the growing demand of newly-middle-classes in India and China there will be a lot more pressure on infra-structure bottlenecks, such as getting properly qualified people to run sophisticated systems such as airliners. And of course probably also air traffic controllers, mechanics, and if it is in aviation then it would be foolish to think that similar scams are not also being carried out in medicine and other sensitive and highly paid professions.

And don't think it will be limited to those countries - Asia sends thousands of youngsters for training to the West - everywhere from New Zealand to the USA has thousands of pilots, doctors and other professionals paying big money to get trained into careers that the individuals then intend to make a lot of money in - and they are pretty determined to pass the required exams regardless....if you look you will find articles in small news services about foreign students being caught cheating in every subject going - from comp sci to engineering to accounting, and most sites will say that foreign students do it (or get caught!) more than domestic ones. (too may sites to list - just google "foreign students cheating", or "international students cheating")

Not just Asians - mid-eastern, African, Sth American.

And you know what - I suspect a lot of them will end up working back in the West after a few years - for the better money, and because their qualifications are from the West hence are easily accepted.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I know a lot of Western people that cheat too. I think at the end of the day a paper is a piece of paper, there are thousands of unqualified or incompetent people with earned diplomas. Just look at government. As far as Doctors, Lawyers and other professionals goes, I never blindly trust them anyways.

I will say I hope I get a decent pilot when I am flying...
edit on 13-3-2011 by boncho because: +info

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh yes everybody cheats....but there does seem to be moer of a problem with foreign students everywhere in teh world - probably including western foreign students!!

I think it's simply that they are investing so much they cannot afford to fail.......regardless of how they manage to "pass"!

Domestic students often have lower costs, can keep coming back if they have to (don't need to get visa's, entry approval, own Govt permission, etc), get student loans, can shack up with mum & dad for accomodation, etc, so have less financial incentive.

join