It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds flee in japan after shinmoedake volcano errupts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hundreds flee in japan after shinmoedake volcano errupts.

[url=http://www.suite101.com/content/volcano-erupts-in-japan-a358386[/url]

On March 13th, 2011 in south-west Japan, the Shinmoedake volcano in the Kirishima range erupts after two weeks of no activity.

In January 2011, the Shinmoedake volcano erupted for the first time in 52 years - sending ash and rock flying for miles. Thousands were told to temporarily evacuate the area, but the volcano seemed to settle and there was only mild activity until the 1st of March, where it ceased any activity.

However, the volcano erupted again - sending ash and rock 4 kilometres into the air, creating a giant ash cloud against the blue sky of the south-west. The Shinmoedake volcano is 4,689-feet tall, and towers over many communities.

Read more at Suite101: Shinmoedake Volcano Erupts in Japan www.suite101.com...

edit on 13-3-2011 by sean0190 because: Update

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
After all japan has gone through and now this. It starts to get abit worrying when multiple events like these start to happen.

Is this related to the Earthquake & Tsumarmi and why are the so many multiple events going off.

This is my first new topic on ATS so I hand it over to the brainiacs here for some explaination.

www .nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That doesn't look too serious, fortunately.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think you need to add that it was active before this quake and was quiet for two weeks before this latest outburst.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Damn...Karma's coming back at them? I mean, this is horrible news! I wonder if this country will ever survive this, taking in account that the Japan PM entered office a couple of days ago.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm new on here so I'm just finding my way around but I found this interesting on google news I thought I may put it up because everything seems to be going off in Japan for Earthquakes, Tsunarmis, Nuclear Meltdown and now a possible volcanic eruption.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If there's one country that can make it through this it's Japan.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sean0190

Oh dear, poor Japan!

It has to be said though that this volcano has been erupting almost all year. Lets just hope it's just going to blow hot air and not go bang.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Not looking at all good for the people of Japan.
These clips appear to be recent.

But as already stated this last video was from the 26th of January, so it's been active for a while.

edit on 13-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its actually errupted

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Well if karma exists then I can't wait to see whats in store for America.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
megaquake, tsunamis, radioactive material leaking, and volcanoes......
if that ain't the recipe for godzilla I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Damn...Karma's coming back at them? I mean, this is horrible news! I wonder if this country will ever survive this, taking in account that the Japan PM entered office a couple of days ago.

Karma is created by one's own self, for ones own self.

It is neither good, nor bad, just brings back actions for the individual to learn from them.

So when someone wishes Karma onto another person or group of people, it is a pointlessly ignorant statement.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by Gab1159

Well if karma exists then I can't wait to see whats in store for America.

10 Points....

Peace,

ekiusa

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

That is the recipe! I thought about that this AM as well.
I was hearing "Wake up Megalon!".
I might play a little BOC now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Madness. What else could go wrong for Japan?

War?

People need to evacuate ASAP. I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE in Japan right now.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think everything that is currently happening is somehow related. We can only hope that japan is not the epicenter for the beginning of worldwide disasters. I'm not a betting man but if I was I would put my money on the next great quake happening on the westcoast of N. America. Particularly the cascadia subduction zone of the coast off Washington state. It only makes sense to me because if the pacific plate moved from west to east then it would put pressure on the Juan de Fuca plate which in turn would put pressure on the north American Plate and then there you have it. No predictions though. Plate movements take hundreds, if not thousands of years to happen

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You know when a tectonic plate moves, it may cause earthquakes (that cause a tsunami) and volcanos eruptions.
It's quite common to see volcanos activating right after a earthquake, those two things are fueled by the same thing.
edit on 13-3-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I just realized I went off topic slightly. I apologize In advance.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hello there. Please participate in the ongoing discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join