It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for christians (not offensive)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

I will not win any friends with my answer, but it is from the bible.

God will turn away those who do not know Him. One must believe that Jesus is the one only son of God, accept Him as his/her Lord and savior, and be baptised in the Holy Spirit to receive salvation.

No one can get to heaven of their own will.

edit on 14-3-2011 by aletheia because: Fixed grammar.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What happens to a person who do not commit sins
Well to answer the first part of your question, We all commit sins.

or regret the ones done and tries to repair them, but doesn't believe in your God?

When you say "your God" do you actually know who 'are god' is? From the question you post it is obvious you dont.Also, what is your definition of sin? And how do you try to repair sin?

I mean, if a person who is better than many, if not most, of us just doesn't believe, is he or she going to hell?
To us Christians, not believing in God is a total rejection of God. Do yourself a favor and diligently seek (with intellect) Who, What, and Where is God.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

What happens to a person who do not commit sins
Well to answer the first part of your question, We all commit sins.

or regret the ones done and tries to repair them, but doesn't believe in your God?

When you say "your God" do you actually know who 'are god' is? From the question you post it is obvious you dont.Also, what is your definition of sin? And how do you try to repair sin?

I mean, if a person who is better than many, if not most, of us just doesn't believe, is he or she going to hell?
To us Christians, not believing in God is a total rejection of God. Do yourself a favor and diligently seek (with intellect) Who, What, and Where is God.

1st: I'm sorry? I say "your God" because of respect to other religions, do you actually think Christianism is the only religion? for what I know all religions have equal chance of being true or false.

2nd: since this question is directed to Christians, I think we all can agree that my definition of sin does not matter, but yours.

3rd: I think it is pretty obvious, if you steal, you pay back not because society tells you to but because you want to amend what you have done.

4th: Why do you think I'm atheist/agnostic? thats exactly what I did and that is why I believe what I believe

Next time, instead of answering one of my posts in a defensive way and dividing my question in parts just to think you actually answered it, answer the question as a hole and in a positive way, I do not want to ruin someone's day nor mine by starting a pointless discussion.
edit on 14/3/2011 by mbartelsm because: added last paragraph

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aletheia

Don't worry, I'm not going to judge because of religion, but the way you answer. For example: "You are going to hell you blasphemous!!!" is not the answer of someone I would like to get to know because that would only bring me sadness and anger.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Even though i dont have a religion necessarily, it's nice thought. It is, you will go wherever you believe in when you die. If you believe you will go to hell you will go to hell. If you believe in heaven you will go to heaven. If you believe in living with aliens you will go there. Not what i necassarily believe just something somone told me a while back.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
Yes. If you don't believe the bible which you can prove using simple maths then yes you're going to hell. There's a mathematical authentication code in the Bible and anyone who can count to a hundred is capable of proving the bible. Sorry to be so abrupt but unless you see the truth you're going to hell.

Do not listen to this crap, it has nothing to do with the bible. The bible is here to answer any questions you might have about Jesus Christ. If you accept Jesus Christ as our lord and saviour you will be accepted in heaven. The bible is a reference guide for anyone with questions.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well i asked my priest this same sorta question and he said that it will be your faith and your actions that will save you. I said what if your Buddist. He said that God would not condemn a Buddists, a Hindu, an Islamic or an Indian for their beliefs. He said that because they had faith this was enough. He said also that their actions if good, they would have no problem.

I liked that priest.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
if you dont believe , you go to hell where your soul is destroyed, not torturerd for eternity. eternal life is only for believers.Jesus said to not fear who can destroy the flesh, but fear He (God) who can destroy all being (ur soul).

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

How does a person get to heaven?
If you ask most people this question, they will say something like, "If you do more good things than bad things, God will probably let you into heaven." The above thinking will reserve your place in hell. You need FAITH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS to get into heaven. There are no good deeds that you can do on your own that will erase the sins that you have committed. Jesus SHED BLOOD for your sins. He came to save you from the GUILT of past sins and the POWER of sin over your life,GOD SAID THIS,NOT ME.. You are about to read the most important information that you will ever read. It is called the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The gospel is God's message to mankind. If you will yield to the gospel of Jesus Christ, you will be reconciled to God and you will escape eternal damnation in hell and the lake of fire. Besides all of this, you will have abudant life right now as you walk with the Creator of the universe, the Lord Jesus Christ. All of this in spite of all the woes that the world will throw at you.

The Bible teaches that the ONLY way to have eternal life is through the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I John 5:11 ...God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

I John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

To get into heaven, you have to REPENT of your sins and BELIEVE the gospel of Jesus Christ (ref. Mark 1:15). You have to REPENT of your sins--that means turn from them and BELIEVE that Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day. Having done these things, you will be born again and the Lord Jesus Christ will help you to walk uprightly.The Bible says that nobody is good enough to get into heaven. We have all sinned. Each one of us has broken God's commandments--not one person is excepted. You have personally lied and committed other sins.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)

Let God be true, but every man a liar...( Romans 3:4)

The Bible teaches that when we are unsaved even our righteous acts are like filthy rags to God. It does not matter how many good deeds that you do, you still cannot go to heaven based on your deeds. The Bible teaches that your good deeds do not commend you to God in any way. Your good deeds do not remove the sins that you have committed. You have ignored God choosing to live life the way that YOU see fit.
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isaiah 64:6),Matthew 22:36-38 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with ALL thy heart, and with ALL thy soul, and with ALL thy mind. THIS is the first and great commandment.We have to worship God according to his word, not according to our own ideas. There is no amount of good deeds that you can do to get into heaven. The Bible teaches that if we could earn our way into heaven, Jesus died for nothing!

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. (Galatians 2:21)
But the Lord Jesus did not die for nothing. Righteousness does NOT come by the law and good works and rituals prescribed by false religions like Catholicism, Islam, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventism, Hinduism, Talmudic Judaism, etc. [Note: Jesus Christ is the prophesied Jewish Messiah, the lion of the tribe of Judah.] We need Jesus to pay the price for our sins. We cannot do it. Righteousness comes by repenting of our sins and believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and his blood that was shed to pay for our sins. God will not accept our made up religions and attempts to please him. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO PLEASE GOD AND GET TO HEAVEN AND THAT IS THROUGH HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO SHED HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD TO PAY FOR OUR SINS. JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD (ref. John 14:6). There is no other Saviour but Jesus. No one else can get us into heaven--not the pope, the Roman Catholic priest, Buddha, Muhammad, et al. Only Jesus.

God is holy. We are sinful. By his very nature, God cannot have fellowship with us sinners. There is no amount of "good" that we can do to make up for our crimes against God. They must be punished. And the wages of sin is DEATH. Somebody has to DIE to pay for sins against God. Oh, you'll die physically--sin requires that. But you've got a choice about that SECOND DEATH where a man goes to hell and the lake of fire....

We deserve the death penalty. This includes both physical death (the casket) and spiritual death (when the soul is cast into hellfire).
[T]he wages of sin is death...(Romans 6:23)

God does not want to remain your enemy and he does not want you to go to hell.
As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die... (Ezekiel 33:11)

The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (II Peter 3:9)

In spite of man's wickedness and rebellion, God so loved us that He sent His ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, Jesus, to die for our sins.
John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jesus came to save us from our sins--

"... and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people FROM their sins." (Matt 1:21)., Jesus did not die so that you could keep on sinning and go to heaven (this is an heresy that many churches teach). Jesus came to save you from both the GUILT and POWER of sin. Jesus DESTROYED the works of the devil on Calvary (I John 3:8). When you are unsaved, sin has dominion over you. Sin is your boss and you cannot do anything BUT sin. You are justly under the wrath of a holy and just God. Murderers, thieves, fornicators, witches, sodomites, whores, liars, lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God, rebels, and all other spiritual lepers will not inherit the kingdom. We have to be born again into the kingdom of God. When we REPENT and BELIEVE in Jesus, we are born again and all things become new. A new life emerges and things change. We start reading the Bible and obeying it and the Lord Jesus helps us obey it more and more. Our life changes. Our desires change.

The blood of Jesus is the propitiation for our sins. That means that the blood of Jesus took away the guilt of the sins that we have committed AND it has ushered us into a Father child relationship with the Lord God. Through the blood of Jesus, we are to serve sin no more, rather we serve righteousness. If you get saved and sin, you confess your sin and the Lord will forgive you, but you no longer walk in the sin lifestyle--

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, THAT YE SIN NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Again, the Father sent His only begotten Son, Jesus, who is God, to die in our place so that we scoundrels can have eternal life. Remember that the wages of sin is death--that is why Jesus died, to pay YOUR wages so that you can live. The Lord Jesus Christ was your substitutionary sacrifice. The world's greatest love story is summed up in the following verse--

For God so loved the world, that he gave his onThe love of God for you was demonstrated on that cross 2,000 years ago when the Lord Jesus was crucified for you. God is not hateful, he is loving. He gave only begotten His Son for you even though you are dead in tresspasses and sins. God quickens (makes alive) the dead. He is still quickening men, women, boys, and girls across the face of this whole world who put their trust in Jesus--

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
2:3 Among whom also we ALL had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, came to this earth to (1) save you from the GUILT and POWER of your sins and (2) RECONCILE you unto God. Through faith in the blood of Jesus you will escape the wrath to come, have abundant life now, and heaven as your home. God will be your Father instead of your enemy--but ONLY through the blood of Jesus. The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY means appointed by God by which we can know God and be saved.
..the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (I John 1:7)

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD.. (Romans 6:23)

JESUS CHRIST ROSE FROM THE DEAD. After His death, our precious Lord's body laid in the grave three days, but praise be to God, it did not remain there. Death could not hold him back--it was not possible that he should be holden of it (Acts 2:24). Jesus Christ is the life (ref. John 14:6) and God manifested in the flesh (ref. I Tim 3:16). Death could not hold him. On the third day Jesus arose from the dead and was seen by over 500 people (ref. I Corin 15:6) before He went back to heaven.
Jesus Christ came to earth to give his own blood for your sins. That is what he came to do and he was and is the only one qualified to do it. His death was a one time sacrifice, never to be repeated. After he accomplished this tremendous feat, he rose from the dead just like he said he would:

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again... (John 10:17-18)lbegotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16),If you have placed your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are a Christian. If you continue in his word, then are you his disciple indeed (ref. John 8:31). Now begins your new life of freedom and obedience to the Lord. There are some things that you need to do--

You need to be baptized. You need to be baptized in the water like Christians in the Bible. In baptism, we are identifying with the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
When we go under the water, we show that we are dying to the old life, being under the water shows we have died to the old life, and when we come up we show we are purposed to walk in newness of life. In Acts 8:26-39, you can read about the Ethiopian eunuch who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and was baptized by Philip in a certain water. We are only baptized one time and that is after we have truly repented and have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. If I were baptized as a baby or in a false church, and then got saved later on, I would get baptized after salvation.There is a wicked man coming that Revelation 13 calls, "the beast." He is an antichrist. He is a man of sin. He is soon to make his appearance on the earth and by peace he shall destroy many. The saints are going to go through deep waters--but hold on to Jesus. Don't ever renounce him or deny him no matter what. You know what you believe in--the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Creator of heaven and earth and all that in them is. Read more here about the coming of the beast. Jesus said that he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh. He also said that he would be with us alway, even unto the end of the world, Amen.If you have not trusted Christ, you are in a dangerous position. John 3:36 says, "...he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." You will not make it into heaven on your own "good merits" or by your own conception of who God is and what he should be like. He must be obeyed and worshipped according to his word,....I, FOUND THIS I, THOUGHT IT WOULD HELP YOU ALSO,www.bibleabookoftruth.com... Sheep From Goats
‘Thus says the Lord God, “As for you, O My flock; behold, I judge between sheep and sheep, between rams
(male sheep) and male goats’” (Ezekiel 34:17).
‘All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people from one another as a shepherd
separates his sheep from the goats; and He will cause the sheep to stand at His right hand, but the goats at
His left; then the King will say to those (sheep) at His right hand, “Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the
Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world” … Then He will say to those (goats) at His left
hand, “Begone from Me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matthew 25:32
to 34 & 41).
‘The Lord had said to them, “They shall surely die in the wilderness.” There was not a man left of them except
Caleb son of Jephunneh, and Joshua son of Nun’ (Numbers 26:65).
‘”None of the men who came out of Egypt shall see the land which I swore to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob
because they have not wholly followed me, except for Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite, and Joshua son
of Nun, for they have wholly followed the Lord” (Numbers 32:11 & 12).
There is a worldwide popular notion that if we do nothing more than believe in Jesus then our souls are saved
and we will all go to heaven when we die. That is an incorrect belief. If we study the scriptures will see how
wrong that belief is. The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is to wholly follow the Lord, and be found
doing so at the time of our death or at the day of the Lord’s return. Many professing Christians are satisfied
living their own lives and think they are spiritually safe because they may have been Christened or baptised,
and are sometimes even filled with the Holy Spirit. This Bible study will show through the scriptures, that God
does require us to be baptised and filled with the Holy Spirit, but He also demands much more than that from
us. The above verse does refer to nations standing before the Lord, but we will all have to stand before the
Lord on Judgement Day as individuals.
Jesus said we are to squeeze through a straightened, restricted, narrow gate because the wide gate is the one
that leads to destruction; the furnace; the lake of fire. ‘Enter through the narrow gate for wide is the gate that
leads to destruction and many are those who are entering through it. But the gate is narrow and the way is
straightened that leads to eternal life and few are those who find it’ (Matthew 7:13 & 14). Jesus said many
people are called, invited, summoned or gathered to Him, but from them, only a few will be chosen to enter the
Kingdom of God (Matthew 22:14). Only a few sheep will enter through the narrow gates of heaven. Many
goats will take the wide path of self-indulgence and disobedience that will ultimately lead them to destruction.
If we use the children of Israel as our example, we can see they were all ‘baptised’ and had the constant
presence of the Holy Spirit, but they were all lost except for just two men; Joshua and Caleb. ‘For I do not want
you to be ignorant Brethren, that our forefathers were all under the cloud (of the Holy Spirit) and every one of
them passed safely through the waters (of the Red Sea), and each one of them was baptised in the cloud and
in the sea; all of them ate the same spiritual food (manna); they all drank the same spiritual drink (water) from
the spiritual Rock which followed them and the Rock was Jesus the Messiah. Nonetheless, God was not
pleased with the great majority of them and they died in the wilderness. These things are examples for us not
to crave after the things of the flesh as they did … we should not try the Lord’s patience … nor complain as
some of them did … now these things that befell them were written as a warning to us … therefore anyone
who thinks they stand, take heed lest he fall and be lost’ (1 Corinthians 10:1 to 12).
The verses written above regarding the sheep and goats are not talking about non-believers. They were
people who stood before God, or in the presence of God. The ‘goats’ are believers who have not obeyed ,I pray this helps you,you can't get into heaven by good works,or being just good.we are born with sin,because of adam and eve,we must bow down and give our sins at the foot of the cross,be forgiven,and baptist,jesus was baptist to,by full emission of water.,We, must repent of our sins and be baptist by the holy ghost,our comforter,no,its not going to be easy,but you can do it.And there is only way one heaven ,Jesus said he was the only way,truth,you must have faith my friend and world. in JESUS NAME AMEN,IF I, CAN HELP YOU IN ANYWAY,PLEASE LET ME KNOW.I.AM NOT HERE TO JUDGE,ONLY TELL OF GODS LOVE AND MERCY AND GRACE,HE LOVES ALL,HE DOESN'T WANT NO ONE LEFT BEHIND!......ONLY GOD AND JESUS WILL JUDGE,JESUS WILL OPEN THAT BOOK OF LIFE,IS YOUR NAME GOING TO BE THERE? ALL MAN WILL BOW DOWN TO JESUS.ALL SCALES WILL FALL FROM MAN KINDS EYES. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING,READ MY OTHER ARTICLES,YOU WILL LEARN MORE.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the novel...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This bloke died and went to heaven;
www.youtube.com...

Part 2;
www.youtube.com...

I've physically seen Angels, demons and UFOs. And I have astral projected to outside heaven when I was a teenager and much later I went to see my dead Mum and then later still I went to see my dead children.

So I do believe there is a heaven, so logically I believe there is a hell and it's in the Earth, under Siberia. And the 20 million demons left to plaque mankind has been trying to open their prison door ever since.
Tunguska was one time they tried and failed, next time will be the Fourth trumpet and 180 million demons will come rushing out and then 'all hell has broken loose' will be an understatement.
I know what side I would rather be on.

By the way when people say Christian now it has became in an insult and RIGHTLY SO! Because many think they are serving God but when they curse people to die, they are doing Satan's work.
Somewhere it says 'If you hate, then you don't love Jesus'. Love your enemies.
Christians will now think I am being harsh-read Revelation and the letters to the Churches. Smyrna stays the full 10 years and Sardis is a dead church.
Unless you are just worshipping God with all your heart, soul and mind? and not some dumb statue, and if you love your neighbour as yourself. If you keep the faith that Jesus came and rose again then you will see heaven.
If not then.........I don't even want to think about it.

There is a book called 'The Final Frontier,' it's about life after death and where people have died and what has happened to them.You can download it for free now.
Go and get it and read it, do the research yourself ,as that is what we should all do-Be a Berean.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

no you are the fool, you realize that if the universe is a product of divine design that the precision of Him would be that of 300 trillion times more than mankinds most precise machine which shows that not only is he AMAZING but also very powerful. I would be careful if i were you, your toiling with a force infinitely more powerful than we can comprehend, a force so powerful that could tear you to pieces from an atomic level, it hasnt happened yet though, so this shows Hes loving, does it not ? You will find out he exists, along with many unbelievers, but unfortanetly in a way that you will hate, is an eternity in hell enough to make you a believer ?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sin is the transgression of religious law. God never created such a law because we are his church. the old testament gave common law to moses because the children of Israel had come from the worship of idols in Egypt. so he had to give them some guidelines so they would not resort back to the sacrifice to idols and worship of them. Man made religions based off of the teachings of Christ are corrupted.

Christ never intended for us to go back to the worship of idols and currently catholic church just does that. So if you say you have sinned, then you feel possibly that you will go to hell? then you have learned this from man made religion. Jesus took your sin over 2000 years ago. if you believe in your heart you have been forgiven then you don't have to worry. he took it already for you long before you came into physical existence.

Hell is a state of mind and the spiritual aspect of it is your spirit being cleansed by the fire of god. God is a consuming light. those that see it burn. but this burning is similar to a trial by fire to burn from the spirit that which has caused your spirit to have spots of darkness.(Your fleshly thought and deeds cause the spot)

you will be tried like a smelter making refined gold.You cannot enter heaven until the spirit is cleansed of all impurity's. you can still be alive BTW and still go through this process spiritually on earth. the prime example is when someone who has been taught a certain religious doctrine and when they hear the true word of god they become enraged. that fire of gods light effecting the false doctrine and causes them to become angry at you.

The process of sins that spots the spirit is that of a person who does believe in god and becomes enraged and vile when someone challenges his belief in no god. the mind detracts from hearing it because of the light spoken in the words of truth. thats why when a catholic priest attempts to cast out a demon he is basically attempting the exorcism as a carnal minded person just reading words. it has no effect. when someone speaks the true words of god, the fire of that word starts to consume the darkness in the persons spirit. as the words start to grow in the mind of that person is when they feel this purging or burning having an effect.

Sorry for the long winded just had to get that out for some reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

you say there are no actions capable of erasing my sins other that accepting Jesus's blood, right? what about sacrifice? if someone gives his or her life to save someone else, would that be enough? because for what I know, thats what Jesus did

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm
reply to post by venusstarlite

you say there are no actions capable of erasing my sins other that accepting Jesus's blood, right? what about sacrifice? if someone gives his or her life to save someone else, would that be enough? because for what I know, thats what Jesus did

If you can find a sinless person to give their life for you then I suppose that would work. You're going to face God on Judgment Day, how would you feel if you came into humanity to die for sinful humans then many of those humans "spit" on your sacrifice?

I'd be pissed off.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm
Hello ATS christian members, I have had a doubt for a while:
What happens to a person who do not commit sins and/or regret the ones done and tries to repair them, but doesn't believe in your God?

All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God, there are none good,no not one and a persons own righteousness or goodness is like a filthy rag.
as far as regrets go, one can put nails in a picket fence then regret doing it,but after pulling the nails out ,the holes are still there

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

if you feel at peace in your heart, and soul,& have listened to your conscience. you have amended or learned from mistakes, and basically tried to never deliberatly hurt someone else ,if you look in the mirror with a clear conscience you have achieved all there is to achieve ...you are definitly ready to pass on to the next level of conscienseness where no negative exsists.....for all things negative must remain here , thats what is going on.....heaven and hell?,...human words.....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
No one can answer that question. The person will know when death comes, what their fate will be.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Great answer, and all that really needs to be said. No one cares to look at life through God's perspective. It's always about some selfish individuals personally opinion on spiritual matter that they know nothing of, neither could they even if they tried.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I for one do not believe Hell exists. It makes no sense. Why would the Creator of this vast, vast universe create a place of eternal suffering? I believe that if a person chooses not to progress they simply will no longer exist. Kind of like going to sleep for the last time, an eternal death. Those who choose to go on will begin the eternal accent. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither has it entered into the mind of mortal man, the things which the Universal Father has prepared for those who survive the life in the flesh on the worlds of time and space.

I was always at odds with the Christian religion. Too much did not make sense to me. On one hand they taught about a God who would punish wrong doers to an eternal life of pain. Then you read the teachings of Jesus, he taught about a loving, caring Father. As a child I would ask about these types of questions and was always told to be quite.

I also early came to the conclusion that if God existed then most likely there are many, many other planets in this vast universe that would have "people" and they would also worship God. So I looked for a more universal approach to God and found The Urantia Book.

Check it out, it may help you in your journey. God is no respector of persons. So it doesn't matter which religion you are or what your specific beliefs are. If you believe in a God of some kind then you are on the right track. Some people have more advanced beliefs than others, but it doesn't make them better. Just means they have come to a deeper understanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join