It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowley resigns as State Department spokesman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

P.J. Crowley abruptly resigned Sunday as State Department spokesman over controversial comments he made about the Bradley Manning case. Sources close to the matter said the resignation, first reported by CNN, came under pressure from the White House, where officials were furious about his suggestion that the Obama administration is mistreating Manning, the Army private who is being held in solitary confinement in Quantico, Virginia, under suspicion that he leaked highly classified State Department cables to the website Wikileaks.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Crowley is gonna be the fall guy here for the treatment of Manning. I personally have no issue with the fact that he spoke out against the way manning is being treated.

"is ridiculous and counterproductive and stupid."

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am seeing a pattern with "Fall guys" with the name "Crowley".

Good find, S+F.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Crowley can't be a fall-guy: he is nowhere in the chain of command over anything to do with Manning. What he can be is an outraged American citizen, and that's what he appears to be.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Crowley can't be a fall-guy: he is nowhere in the chain of command over anything to do with Manning. What he can be is an outraged American citizen, and that's what he appears to be.

Exactly though. He spoke out AGAINST it, and is the one having to resign, not those doing it. In the article he eve says he is doing it to take some of the negative reflection off of the Obama administration.

They are using someone who has nothing to do with it as the fall guy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No. He has been making noise that he was going resign for a long time now. Apparently, he has not liked shoveling the horse-crap he was told to shovel. A principled man seems incompatible with government these days.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

No. He has been making noise that he was going resign for a long time now. Apparently, he has not liked shoveling the horse-crap he was told to shovel. A principled man seems incompatible with government these days.

Did you read the source? Did you read what Crowley said? He specifically states why he resigned.

You are right that he has principles, but he is being pushed out because of his comments, and nothing else.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

His comments came because he is leaving; he is not being pushed. He probably figured "What the hell?" and started venting. I would.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

His comments came because he is leaving; he is not being pushed. He probably figured "What the hell?" and started venting. I would.

if you say so

Sources close to the matter said the resignation, first reported by CNN, came under pressure from the White House, where officials were furious about his suggestion that the Obama administration is mistreating Manning

"Given the impact of my remarks, for which I take full responsibility, I have submitted my resignation."

Crowley has also made clear he has the Obama administration's best interests at heart because he thinks any mistreatment of Manning could be damaging around the world to President Obama

But he has not had a completely smooth relationship with officials in the Obama White House, and eyebrows were raised several months ago when White House aide Mike Hammer was sent over to the State Department to serve as Crowley's deputy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He's heading for the underground bunker with all the other people who are abruptly "resigning", etc...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Except with the case of RAhm...I would consider resigning from this regime an act of integrity. History, I believe will show and hopefully court cases that those who didn't resign where complicit and convicted. Following orders will not be an excuse. He and his Admin are rogue and treasonous.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

And another one bites the dust:

Fed's Hoenig To Retire In October
money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Time is almost up for one of the Federal Reserve's most candid inflation hawks. Kansas City Fed President Thomas Hoenig is retiring October 1.

October 1st, eh? Cutting it a little close, aren't we?

top topics

join