It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is Doomed !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

'ANYONE WHO DOES NOT FEEL THE PAIN FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S LOSS, IS TRULY DICONNECTED FROM HUMANITY. '

So you choose one event that's been displayed all across the different channels of TV for ratings, beefed up solely for shock value, to speak about how one's who don't give all their energy to people in pain, rather then to look at the daily suffering of Africa, the violence in the Balkans, and the many different scenarios around the world.

NO, I CHOOSE THE MOST CURRENT EXAMPLE OF THE CALLOUS YOUTH IN THIS NATION.
AMERICAN TEENAGERS ARE TOO SELF-ABSORBED TO EVEN LOOK AT AFRICA OR THE BALKANS, AND IF THEY DID, THEY WOULD RESPOND CALLOUSLY AND MALICIOUSLY.

If we gave ALL our energy to every person dieing then what of our own energy is left for us to grow with? We do not need to fully devote ourselves to others like fanatics. Yes, helping people is great and I try to, but no one man can help everyone.

I AGREE, YOU CAN NOT HELP EVERYONE, BUT BE AWARE, THAT THE WORLD IS WATCHING, AND IF WE SAY EVIL THINGS ON THE INTERNET, THEN THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE HURT EVEN MORE THAN WHAT THEY ARE NOW.

You use the one event on TV, something very beefed up to gain ratings, to spew your view that teenagers have no compassion or anything when they themselves are learning. Stop getting worked over it. Take deep breaths and realize when it's your time, there's not a thing you can do to stop it. You can fight, scream, shout, and plead but to surrender to the situation, to allow it to flow freely and play out as is, guides you down your needed path.

NO, IT GOES BEYOND WHAT TEENAGERS SAY, BECAUSE WHAT THEY SAY IS A REFLECTION OF SOCIETY. AND RIGHT NOW SOCIETY IS SICK BEYOND BELIEF.

I don't expect you to take what I say well as we're two different mind sets but humans are either all or nothing. They know not balance. Either give all your energy out to where you in turn become the shell of a person you were, or pretend it didn't happen. There's a middle point though that lots just see as evil, to acknowledge such events and know that they played out precisely like they were meant to, and to learn from it.

AND I DON'T BLAME THE TEENAGERS, I ALSO BLAME THE PARENTS FOR RAISING SUCH VAIN, UNCARING CHILDREN.

Society today is sick and twisted, you need only open your eyes to see it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
America is not doomed. Nor is the world.

How many comments on u-tube vs How many people in this country? or in this world?

Geez. Nothing like taking a few and idiots and turning us all into one. Stop the drama. Please.

Hugs for your sorrow, but what you are seeing is not indicative of the whole.

edit on 13-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
Unfortunately I don't believe the callusness is limited to American teenagers. They may just be a bit more uninhinited in expressing it openly. I believe there's an epidemic of selfishness and self-centereedness infecting our entire culture; the situation has been brewing and snowballing for quite a while.

There is a general disconnect between whar we SAY we value and how we behave. The truth is most folks seem to take their cues for what's important from the MSM. Beauty, youth, wealth, processions, power are seen as the measure of a person's value. Character and wisdom don't matter much to most. A cool phone or car or "hot body" is far more desirable.

A spiritual vacuum created fear and as "nature abhors a vacuum" a warped sense of value rushed in to fill the void.

Thank you for posting this, I had almost lost all hope, but your words of wisdom, tell me that there are yet good people in the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You are saying the right thing but in the wrong way , dont wish harm on the ignorant , this is in fact just your anger at a sad time getting the better of you .

Channel the anger into positivity , vow to appreciate what you have , you have children? love them and protect them you will be doing what life is all about bro .

Listen I get angry at these people too but they are either ignorant or bots .
DONT LET THEM GET TO YOU !

THEIR HATE IS MAKING YOU HATE !

We will change this world as long as we are positive .

Peace to you .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
America is not doomed. Nor is the world.

How many comments on u-tube vs How many people in this country? or in this world?

Geez. Nothing like taking a few and idiots and turning us all into one. Stop the drama. Please.

Hugs for your sorrow, but what you are seeing is not indicative of the whole.

edit on 13-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

You don't know me, and your giving me hugs for my sorrow?

You mean to tell me you don't have any sorrow for what happened in Japan?

Is that what your telling me!?

I feel sorry for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Sigh.... Ok, then - have it your way.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The best thing about human beings is that we are truly adaptable. Capacity to learn.

Worry about yourself, first and foremost, the world is not set up for independent thinkers. Most are doomed, perhaps, but there is still time to make it right. Anyone can win this.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Don’t concern yourself with the apathetic and ignorant. Just do good deeds yourself and help humanity anytime you are able to, with the spirit of love, unity, and humanhood.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Don’t concern yourself with the apathetic and ignorant. Just do good deeds yourself and help humanity anytime you are able to, with the spirit of love, unity, and humanhood.

Yes, but it hurts me to know that there are people so evil in this world.

You are right, of course, but it is so damn embarssing, that American teenagers, are so callous and uncaring.
I am ashamed of the American youth at this moment.

All those that think I over reacted, will think twice, once their own lives and families and livelihoods are in peril

Humanity is definitely going down, welcome to the new world order.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Your own compassion and empathy is a beacon of hope. If you can try to educate those young people you speak of and involve them in compassionate work. Just inform them that there may come a time when they will be in need.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Your own compassion and empathy is a beacon of hope. If you can try to educate those young people you speak of and involve them in compassionate work. Just inform them that there may come a time when they will be in need.

Thank you for this comment.

There is something that I want everyone to know, something that is timeless, and is irrefutable.

If you don't fight evil, then you allow evil to prosper.

think about it people.

Don't just sit there complacently, but go out into the world, on the internet, in this case, and voice an opinion for truth and justice, and compassion and love.

If we remain silent at our keyboards, how can we ever effect positive change in our own communities?

Denounce evil, where ever you find it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
American youth do indeed have alot to answer for and i am sickened at some of the jokes doing the rounds on text messages on mobile/cell phones and the sicker characters with no morals on facebook regarding the EQ and Tsunami. With most of the 1st world having nuclear power plants in there own back yard so to speak then pray to god that this doesnt happen to you someday, especially you america.
I have a terrible feeling though the whole nuclear accident is being played down in the media and an almost business as usual attitude again from most MSM here in the UK.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I posted this very same text on another message board, and here is a shining example of what it is to be an enlightened individual.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted by katherine on Sun, 03/13/2011 - 18:40.

though they have capacity and ability, suffer a diminution of light and power and have become blinded by the unreality of their own selfish pursuits. Until they freely choose to walk in the light and begin to accumulate those precious universe credits that lead to higher consciousness and service to others, they will continue to suffer great confusion. They will remain outside the light, stumbling about in their unconnected darkness and chaotic vibration of desperation, following after their illusions of unreality.
If you wish to help them, connect to this feeling and send love and
peace into their circuit of confusion...

Blessed are you who delight in doing good unto your fellows -- shining your light into this world, healing, praying, illuminating truth, and going out of your way to help those in need, for in doing so, you are preparing the soul for greater work in the higher spheres of light. For those that show sagacity and responsibility over a few things in this life shall be given greater power and responsibilities in the next life. This my friends is universal law, and it is completely fair and equitable.

www.1111AkashicConstruct.com...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left the website address intact, because, I think that Katherine is a true kindred spirit.

and here was my reply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you
Submitted by SirFelix on Sun, 03/13/2011 - 19:07.

At first, I was extremely angry, but now, I understand.

We can not fight hate with hate.

But we can win if we love.

Thanks again.
—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My ten year old watched the news for the first time in her life when this happened. She sat there with me crying.
A few on Utube is not all of America. There are always gonna be some stupid kids, but that is not all kids in the USA. She is even reading over my shoulder the threads on it on ATS.

Agreed , there are a lot of youth with problems in this generation though. Parents instead of correcting their kids get mad when you tell them their kid did something wrong, and stick up for the bad behavior . I see it all the time.
It is sad. This is not just in America either.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Earlier today, someone posted a link to a message board that was nothing but a giant American gloat at the suffering of the Japanese. Each poster referenced Pearl Harbour and suggested that the Fukushima earthquake was Japan's karmic return.

As if Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not sufficient revenge!

Even if all those posting on that appalling message board were teenagers, it was nontheless a damning indictment of America's attitude to the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join