It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is Doomed !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have cried and prayed ever since the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The Japanese, are hard working, polite, and respectful of others. Although they were misled in WWII, they have rebuilt themselves, and are the greatest lovers of America and our society. The U.S.A. and Japan are the greatest of allies, both militarily and socially.

But what saddens me the most, is that if you watch the YouTube videos about the disaster, there are so many comments, laughing at the destruction, ridiculing the Japanese, and just plain happy that this catastrophe happened.

Who are these people?

Well, the sad truth, is that most of these hateful comments, come from AMERICAN TEENAGERS.

Young people, who have never known hardship, or hunger, or pain.

Young apathetic, self-centered, egotistical, vain and uncaring.

This is the next generation?

Go watch the videos, look at the comments. It is totally appalling.

Maybe humanity needs to go away.

I am so sickened by the lack of compassion, I just want to kill these haters, or at least put them in the hospital with severe injuries.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody, who doesn't care about the welfare of a fellow human being, is a waste of skin, oxygen and water.

I am sorry, for using such language, but I feel that America is truly doomed, just by looking at what the next generation has to offer.

If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself, its totally disgusting.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Has there ever been a time in history where teenagers were famed for their empathy, or at least their good taste?

Ever?

The answer is simple; no. Teenagers have always been dicks, as a general group. That's why the cliche exists.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Exactly..they're moronic kids with no life experience at all...don't let it bother you..those types will be screaming the loudest when tshtf and when that happens you smack them in the head with a shovel..cuz the cops are not coming.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Has there ever been a time in history where teenagers were famed for their empathy, or at least their good taste?

Ever?

The answer is simple; no. Teenagers have always been dicks, as a general group. That's why the cliche exists.

I would have to disagree, the teenagers in America, during the vietnam war, truly understood what it meant to be human.

A sad truth, is that teenagers, are what they are, because of the involvement or lack of involvement of their parent's.

My kids, are horrified by this disaster, and apparently other kids, think its a fun video game.

And these kids, must have parents, who are uncaring, apathetic, self-centered a-holes.

America is doomed, pure and simple, Karma is a bitch, and rightfully so.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I havent watched the videos you speak of,but from what you are saying all this apathy and lack of respect and emotion comes from the constant bombardment of violence from TV,Movies ,games,internet,policies,hypocrisy . etc.These haters need to be put in a environment that is technology and electricity free.Detox from the tech monster that infests the minds of the younglings

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Basing the human race as vile creatures needing extinction on part of ones still learning is highly illogical. You're letting your emotions run rampant. 18 years old raised in a lifestyle of lavish and having near everything they want at their fingertips and yet you let their attitudes impact you so deeply. With most people they're either two sides to an event like that, deep sympathy and giving every ounce of your energy to it because you feel as though you need to or mocking it. Duality. You need not give all your energy to it as what happens, happens, and your own energy should be to improve upon yourself. You can learn from any situation, even this that hasn't affected you physically.

When a child sees an adult fall and stumble, you don't take his actions offensively because you know that he doesn't have that much experience. This is an event most there haven't experienced yet you're so appealed by it that you outright say the human race deserves extinction. It's because you gave all your energy to that sole event that looking around at others that haven't, you see them as selfish. Take notice of the events yes, but don't give your energy to them. What happens is meant to happen. Mother Earth is shifting and changing.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Right on ... teens are going to be teen .. I am sure our parents generation thought the same thing about us.

The X generation is doomed, the Y-generation is doomed.
Look at the landscape now .. we are at the forefront of all the new technologies, new breakthroughs ...
the ones that are going to make a difference when they grow up are .. at their homes, in the lab or some place where they are studying, practicing, training to grow up to be good citizens .. The ones that are making the noise right now .. well they will be assisting the ones that are going to be making the difference in the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Whilst some of the teens will grow up and grow into well rounded adults. You always get a fair percentage that will grow up still being dicks.

They usually end up in politics!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I have cried and prayed ever since the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The Japanese, are hard working, polite, and respectful of others. Although they were misled in WWII, they have rebuilt themselves, and are the greatest lovers of America and our society. The U.S.A. and Japan are the greatest of allies, both militarily and socially.

But what saddens me the most, is that if you watch the YouTube videos about the disaster, there are so many comments, laughing at the destruction, ridiculing the Japanese, and just plain happy that this catastrophe happened.

Who are these people?

Well, the sad truth, is that most of these hateful comments, come from AMERICAN TEENAGERS.

I am so sickened by the lack of compassion, I just want to kill these haters, or at least put them in the hospital with severe injuries.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody, who doesn't care about the welfare of a fellow human being, is a waste of skin, oxygen and water.

I am sorry, for using such language, but I feel that America is truly doomed, just by looking at what the next generation has to offer.

It's called trolling. Some people get off on that. You just have to look past and ignore it, and if you have children steer them the right way.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

LOL You too sound like a obnoxious teenager, spouting your hatred and wanting to kill people because they don't care about something as much as you. Are you a republican by any chance?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
Basing the human race as vile creatures needing extinction on part of ones still learning is highly illogical. You're letting your emotions run rampant. 18 years old raised in a lifestyle of lavish and having near everything they want at their fingertips and yet you let their attitudes impact you so deeply.

EXACTLY MY POINT, THIS GENERATION OF PEOPLE ARE SO UNCARING, EXACTLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN HUNGER, OR HARDSHIP.

With most people they're either two sides to an event like that, deep sympathy and giving every ounce of your energy to it because you feel as though you need to or mocking it. Duality. You need not give all your energy to it as what happens, happens, and your own energy should be to improve upon yourself. You can learn from any situation, even this that hasn't affected you physically.

ANYONE WHO DOES NOT FEEL THE PAIN FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S LOSS, IS TRULY DICONNECTED FROM HUMANITY.

When a child sees an adult fall and stumble, you don't take his actions offensively because you know that he doesn't have that much experience. This is an event most there haven't experienced yet you're so appealed by it that you outright say the human race deserves extinction.

IF THE NEXT GENERATION DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE WELFARE OF OTHER PEOPLE, THEN HUMAN'S DEFINITELY DON'T DESERVE TO EXIST.

It's because you gave all your energy to that sole event that looking around at others that haven't, you see them as selfish. Take notice of the events yes, but don't give your energy to them. What happens is meant to happen. Mother Earth is shifting and changing.

MOTHER EARTH IS SHIFTING AND CHANGING AS ALWAYS, BUT IF HUMANS ARE SO CALLOUS ABOUT THE FATE OF OTHER HUMANS, THEN HUMANITY IS DOOMED, PURE AND SIMPLE.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Any video, relating to any subject on youtube seems to get its fair share of trolls with nothing better do than laugh and joke at the misfortune of others... seems to be the way the world is going! Not much that can be done about it i'd say!..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What a rant... you do realize that after making a statement such as this you should provide an educated description to further credit your opinion, rather than making an idiotic comment that only proves your instability.

Instead of threatening physical pain and death upon those that are the future of our world, you should make an effort to educate. You're posting on a forum and know how to reach people. Maybe you can blend a story from history with a current event happening now and teach through the similarities. History always repeats itself and the quickest way to learn comes from the mistakes we have made.

You see how this is a healthier alternative?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I would have to disagree, the teenagers in America, during the vietnam war, truly understood what it meant to be human.

It's funny how when looking back to our younger years, we don those rose-colored glasses, isn't it? Most teenagers in America at the timewere pretty much just like the teenagers right now. Self-absorbed, insensitive, and prone to crude, thoughtless behavior. Their parents were like that at that age, too And their parents behind them, so on down hte line. It's brain chemistry, not sociology.

A sad truth, is that teenagers, are what they are, because of the involvement or lack of involvement of their parent's.

My kids, are horrified by this disaster, and apparently other kids, think its a fun video game.

And these kids, must have parents, who are uncaring, apathetic, self-centered a-holes.

What are your children learning from you, while you're using an isolated sample of a few dozen teenagers on youtube to demonize every child in the country and blaming them - and them exclusively - for everything going wrong in our country? While, of course, lionizing your own generation as sanctified and eternally good.

Oh yeah, and expressing your wish to murder and injure those other kids.

Good example setting there, chief.

America is doomed, pure and simple, Karma is a bitch, and rightfully so.

And someday the sun will well up and eat the Earth. Your point?
edit on 13/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Who are these people?

It's called trolling. Some people get off on that. You just have to look past and ignore it, and if you have children steer them the right way.

Well if its just trolling, then I say, its a sick pastime. A sick pastime of a sick society.

All you people, trying to put a pleasant face on others who enjoy the misery of their fellow man, are complicit.

There will come a time when each of us meets his maker, will you be prepared, will you have kept your promises, will you have done what your mother would have wanted you to do.

Would your mother accept what you have said today.

Does anyone believe in Right and Wrong anymore?

Does anyone take responsibility for their actions anymore?

Are there any real men left in this world today?

Totally sick society.

link   
Not everybody is going to cry. I haven't cried about this. I rarely cry about anything. But I do feel bad about it. In some of these videos you can see people in their cars getting swept away and you know why the video cuts off or why no one mentions it. We know how many people died in this event. Tens of thousands. It could have been anyone. It could have been us. We all know this, deep down. I think teenagers are so caught up in school and in peer pressure that they forget to pay their respects and watch what they say. Their mind is still growing. In time they will understand.

I look west and I realize that just across the ocean is japan. Not another planet. Same planet.

Don't let it get to you too much. Life is hard. Just be glad you're not a teacher

edit on 13-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   

Don't you think statements like this just spread more hate?

Disagreeing with them is one thing but...c'mon

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

'ANYONE WHO DOES NOT FEEL THE PAIN FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S LOSS, IS TRULY DICONNECTED FROM HUMANITY. '

So you choose one event that's been displayed all across the different channels of TV for ratings, beefed up solely for shock value, to speak about how one's who don't give all their energy to people in pain, rather then to look at the daily suffering of Africa, the violence in the Balkans, and the many different scenarios around the world.

If we gave ALL our energy to every person dieing then what of our own energy is left for us to grow with? We do not need to fully devote ourselves to others like fanatics. Yes, helping people is great and I try to, but no one man can help everyone.

You use the one event on TV, something very beefed up to gain ratings, to spew your view that teenagers have no compassion or anything when they themselves are learning. Stop getting worked over it. Take deep breaths and realize when it's your time, there's not a thing you can do to stop it. You can fight, scream, shout, and plead but to surrender to the situation, to allow it to flow freely and play out as is, guides you down your needed path.

I don't expect you to take what I say well as we're two different mind sets but humans are either all or nothing. They know not balance. Either give all your energy out to where you in turn become the shell of a person you were, or pretend it didn't happen. There's a middle point though that lots just see as evil, to acknowledge such events and know that they played out precisely like they were meant to, and to learn from it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Don't you think statements like this just spread more hate?

Disagreeing with them is one thing but...c'mon

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Unfortunately I don't believe the callusness is limited to American teenagers. They may just be a bit more uninhinited in expressing it openly. I believe there's an epidemic of selfishness and self-centereedness infecting our entire culture; the situation has been brewing and snowballing for quite a while.

There is a general disconnect between whar we SAY we value and how we behave. The truth is most folks seem to take their cues for what's important from the MSM. Beauty, youth, wealth, processions, power are seen as the measure of a person's value. Character and wisdom don't matter much to most. A cool phone or car or "hot body" is far more desirable.

A spiritual vacuum created fear and as "nature abhors a vacuum" a warped sense of value rushed in to fill the void.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join