Does Japan have any Bioweapon sites that might have been compromised by the EQ?

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I dont have any information on the above topic but given the massive damage to their nuclear reactors (especially two with one in particular)...someone has to ask the question re any possible bioweapon sites in Japan. Does anyone in the intelligence community have any information on this potential deadly problem?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

In 1972, Japan and many other countries signed the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on Their Destruction, commonly called the Biological Weapons Convention. This treaty prohibits the stockpiling of biological agents for offensive military purposes, and also forbids research into such offensive employment of biological agents.

link
Well This is the official story anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i know this sounds rediculous but ive been thinking something similar nuclear leaks + bio weapons = ZOMBIE'S

maybe this is how they start!!! no but seriously good call it's worth investigating

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I would have thought that Japan's defeat after WW2 and subsequent occupation by axis forces would have ensured that weapons production was shut down fairly effectively.

What may be an issue is breach in containment at non-millitary bio-secure locations where dangerous pathogens are stored for research purposes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What? Japan doesn't even have a military, or even soldiers!

Just 'members' of self-defense forces.

They don't have offensive capabilies such as aircraft carriers, long-range surface-to-surface missiles, ballistic missiles, strategic bombers, marines, amphibious units, or large caches of ammunition.

What makes you think they have biological weapons all of a sudden?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

I personally believe that the biggest concern with biologicals would be research institutes only. However, the Japanese Self-Defense Force does have a few destroyers and other things in it, including some pretty modern aircraft. I looked it up yesterday when I was thinking about how their military would have any impact on the disaster efforts.

Anyway, thought someone might be curious.

www.globalfirepower.com...

Active Military Personnel: 239,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 57,899 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 12,250 [2008]

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 2,040
Towed Artillery: 5,760 [2001]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 1,957 [2003]
Helicopters: 745 [2003]
Serviceable Airports: 176 [2007]

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 147
Merchant Marine Strength: 683 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 10
Aircraft Carriers: 0 [2008]
Destroyers: 15 [2008]
Submarines: 18 [2008]
Frigates: 41 [2008]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 1 [2008]
Mine Warfare Craft: 38 [2008]
Amphibious Craft: 7 [2008]

and en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Helicopters: 745 [2003]

en.wikipedia.org...

Good to hear they have that many choppers, they sure need 'em at the moment.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

I dont think that they do,,,,but given what we saw with the nuclear plants....it would be nice to know if they did so there are no suprises later if there was an "accident." Given the reply that they signed a treaty against it I would now doubt it (but there has been time that has passed since then and nations dont necessarily make public their efforts in these areas).

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I would have thought that Japan's defeat after WW2 and subsequent occupation by axis forces would have ensured that weapons production was shut down fairly effectively.

What may be an issue is breach in containment at non-millitary bio-secure locations where dangerous pathogens are stored for research purposes.

This is basically what I was about to post before I read it. Nice. (but allied, not axis forces, which is what I know you really meant

Another worry might be industrial chemicals. Japan is a major chemicals producer and user of all sorts of toxic sludge in every industry imaginable.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

In 1972, Japan and many other countries signed the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on Their Destruction, commonly called the Biological Weapons Convention. This treaty prohibits the stockpiling of biological agents for offensive military purposes, and also forbids research into such offensive employment of biological agents.

link
Well This is the official story anyway.

Not only those treaties are useful to paint some good aura around the nations that sign it but also very misleading, just like the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty didn't eradicated all nukes, not even to a barely minimum in the nations who said to adopt it, any kind of Anti-weapon treaty are plain joke, especially in the case of Japan, let me just tell you this, they are forbidden by their so called peace Constitution to posses advanced war machines like carries, yet they build ships structurally identical to an aircraft carrier to call them transport ship while not holding any jet inside it. Their industrial power can be turned to a war machine overnight.
edit on 19-3-2011 by nekomata111 because: typo

new topics
top topics

join