It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Torturing Children in Iraq!

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If this topic has been posted already then I apologize. According to the article, and I agree with this, the biggest story of the Iraq war is not WMD's but the torturing of Iraqi children.

www.fromthewilderness.com...


The report also outlined eyewitness testimony of the abuse of these children. Staff Sergeant Samuel Provance, who was stationed at Abu Ghraib, said that interrogating officers had gotten their hands on a 15 or 16 year old girl. Military police only stopped the interrogation when the girl was half undressed. A separate incident described a 16 year old being soaked with water, driven through the cold, smeared with mud, and then presented before his weeping father, who was also a prisoner.


This is really sad and it's no surprise that the U.S. media is not reporting on this issue. Why? They're all for Bush and the war on terrorism. When are we going to wake and realize that the world is going to hell and the U.S. government is so glad that it is?




posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've seen similar reports. The amazing thing is people will jump up and down and scream "LIES! ALL LIES!" Some people just refuse to believe that Americans are capable of such things, and can't undestand why so many hate us.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Bad, all bad. Harming children? no excuse.

I have to ask, wher is your righteous indignation for the abuse under Saddam? Or currently in the Sudan?
Or Forced abortions in China? etc etc.

Is America the source of all evil in your world? Or do you just like to bad mouth the country that keeps you safe and warm.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   


This is really sad and it's no surprise that the U.S. media is not reporting on this issue. Why? They're all for Bush and the war on terrorism. When are we going to wake and realize that the world is going to hell and the U.S. government is so glad that it is?


I'm not so sure...Look at the way the whole abuse scandal from a few months ago was all the media talked about all the time. You couldn't do anything without seeing or hearing or reading something about it. If this is true and there is evidence of it, I'm sure the media will report the hell out of it. As long as it shows the military doing something wrong, we'll hear about it (except on Fox News of course:lol



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
if this happened then yes that's a problem, but tell me; what the hell are you smoking? the U.S. media is for bush? what are you, crazy? nuts? the current u.s. media has never been so partisan in history.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
if this happened then yes that's a problem, but tell me; what the hell are you smoking? the U.S. media is for bush? what are you, crazy? nuts? the current u.s. media has never been so partisan in history.


Well, let me say this. If the U.S. media (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) was against Bush they would be reporting the truth on stories like Sibel Edmonds, Valerie Palme and Mike Vreeland. These are the stories the Bush Administration is trying to keep quite and they're doing a good job of it. Otherwise, everyone would know about it.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Bad, all bad. Harming children? no excuse.

I have to ask, wher is your righteous indignation for the abuse under Saddam? Or currently in the Sudan?
Or Forced abortions in China? etc etc.

Is America the source of all evil in your world? Or do you just like to bad mouth the country that keeps you safe and warm.


i for one admit, i am more vocal about crimes that americans commit than crimes elsewhere. but my reason is simple- i'm american, and i think people should be more concerned about their own "camp" than other peoples. the soldiers doing these things are wearing MY flag, and representing MY country, so i consider it my duty to make it clear that i don't condone their actions.

-koji K.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   


if this happened then yes that's a problem, but tell me; what the hell are you smoking? the U.S. media is for bush? what are you, crazy? nuts? the current u.s. media has never been so partisan in history.


??? I guess I see a different version of the news than you, cause I all I ever hear about is how F'd up things are over there and how much a disaster Bush has made it for America. Now, keep in mind, the tv is not the only form of media either. Take a look at the papers and try and find one pro Bush article in it. Hard to do huh?



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

"Five to six men would rape us, one after the other, for hours during six days, every night. My husband could not forgive me after this, he disowned me," says a woman, whose story was recorded in a new report by Amnesty International, the London-based human rights watchdog.


This from here
Darfur
going on right now.

Yes, we should be more concerned about what our country does. And - a little off topic here - practice what we preach, like not complaining about a rumor about Allawi.
Edit for clarity


[edit on 20-7-2004 by jsobecky]



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

i for one admit, i am more vocal about crimes that americans commit than crimes elsewhere. but my reason is simple- i'm american, and i think people should be more concerned about their own "camp" than other peoples.


That's a good way of putting it. There does have to be some sense of moral distinction.

I once got in an argument with an a man from one of the sub-saharan countries of Africa. As the conversation progressed I brought up something I read about cannibalism in his home country (I wanna say it was the Congo, but I'm not sure). Immediately he became irrate, as if I were suggesting that he was a cannibal because he too was from that country. Because of this perceived atack on him and hist country, he shot back with something about Jeffrey Dahmer. According to him, this lone example was enough to put American and his country on equal footing with regards to the issue. MY retort was to ask him what happened to Dahmer. He was arrested, sentenced to prison for life, and soon killed by another inmate. In other words, our society did not condone the acts, we were rather mortified. I then asked how his society responded to such activites. He was so furious I thought he would hit me. He just marched away and didn't respond. Elements of his society systematically engaged in such activities, with no fear of repercussion from authorities. That makes our two nations very different indeed. More important than the commision of the acts themselves is how a soceity deal with them.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
well...
another bad news for america...
....
Wake up america people...



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
astroblade

Thank you !!!

I cant believe anyone would have the audacity to say the media is bias towards President Bush!!!! It is incomprehencable that a individual can watch (or listen) to any of the major networks and draw that kind of conclusion. Maybe you should move a little further up the grapevine, being out of touch with reality for long periods of time can cause permanent damage.

It comes as no surprise that it was a Germany paper that wrote the article, since they are being investigated for there involvement in the oil for food program the UN sponsored.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't say the media is biased toward bush currently. They just report whatever they think is popular. I did not hear anyone in mainstream media SERIOUSLY debating the call to war a year ago though, even though there were serious arguments against it (some of which are playing out). It was probably because so many people were blindly for it, that some organizations would have (and did) threaten to boycott anyone who held an alternative opinion.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Mainstream media may not be for or against President Bush, but they sure are selective on what they choose to report on.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that if I was to learn that my children were tortured, I would dedicate every single waking hour of the rest of my life bringing my own brand of justice to the torturers. And I would not stop until my mission was accomplished or I was killed.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that if I was to learn that my children were tortured, I would dedicate every single waking hour of the rest of my life bringing my own brand of justice to the torturers. And I would not stop until my mission was accomplished or I was killed.


I feel the same way as you do. If this is going on and I say IF...it must be stopped. There is absolutely NO reason to endanger or abuse or torture a child.



posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Jalengrma, cargo,

I agree 100% with you both, the question is if it going on. I believe it to be highly unlikely.

I have a brother, a brother in law, and a cousin in the middle east and I know personally that conduct like this is not tolerated or encouraged. The men in the Armed Forces are proud and carry the weight of the free world on there shoulders. These men are professionals and act in the same fashion. They know whats at stake here!!!

It boils my blood to see this kind of talk and hatred towards our Servicemen. We are at war and these men are risking there lives so that others can live free. Its tragic that no one seems to point fingers at the slime who burn Americans and hang there bodies from bridges or behead innocent people while there hands are bound.

Some of you pathetic losers have the nerve to run your mouths about things you know nothing about, only what you read off some internet tabloid sight. You quote phrases from them as if God himself said it. You give your opinions as if it was first hand experience.

Our troops believe in there mission, they understand what is at stake ,and they risk there lives so you dont have to.



posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

"Five to six men would rape us, one after the other, for hours during six days, every night. My husband could not forgive me after this, he disowned me," says a woman, whose story was recorded in a new report by Amnesty International, the London-based human rights watchdog.


This from here
Darfur
going on right now.

Yes, we should be more concerned about what our country does. And - a little off topic here - practice what we preach, like not complaining about a rumor about Allawi.
Edit for clarity
[edit on 20-7-2004 by jsobecky]


Please tell me what in this article even mentions the United States. It does not.
What it does tell me is that the farscial United Nations, again is not doing an thing except give a lot of lip service, to solve the problem.
This kind of thing has been going on with and between Tribal, Governmental and Rebel factions for a long time.



posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sniper068
Jalengrma, cargo,

I agree 100% with you both, the question is if it going on. I believe it to be highly unlikely.

I have a brother, a brother in law, and a cousin in the middle east and I know personally that conduct like this is not tolerated or encouraged. The men in the Armed Forces are proud and carry the weight of the free world on there shoulders. These men are professionals and act in the same fashion. They know whats at stake here!!!

It boils my blood to see this kind of talk and hatred towards our Servicemen. We are at war and these men are risking there lives so that others can live free. Its tragic that no one seems to point fingers at the slime who burn Americans and hang there bodies from bridges or behead innocent people while there hands are bound.

Some of you pathetic losers have the nerve to run your mouths about things you know nothing about, only what you read off some internet tabloid sight. You quote phrases from them as if God himself said it. You give your opinions as if it was first hand experience.

Our troops believe in there mission, they understand what is at stake ,and they risk there lives so you dont have to.



Does anyone remember the many, many rapes and murders that were committed in Viet Nam? Was I asleep when they eradicated rape and murder from the US populace between now and then?

Support our troops. The vast majority of them are doing good, hard work. But don't hide your head in the sand when we're told things we don't like to hear.

-koji K.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by koji_K]



posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma

Originally posted by cargo
I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that if I was to learn that my children were tortured, I would dedicate every single waking hour of the rest of my life bringing my own brand of justice to the torturers. And I would not stop until my mission was accomplished or I was killed.


I feel the same way as you do. If this is going on and I say IF...it must be stopped. There is absolutely NO reason to endanger or abuse or torture a child.


I agree with the both of you on this issue. There is no good reason to do this.

What I take slight offense [I take into account that some people look for any link to any atrocity to bash the U.S. when there is none to be found] to is the constant attempts from the world community to take 'pot shots' at the U.S. while they look the other way when any other country or the 'precious' UN makes a blunder.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join