It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?? is this justice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I watching the UK news today, and was shocked at the sentence a couple who beat her young 21 month old son to death, this poor child suffered over 200 injurys in his 21months of life,

What really makes me angry is that they are only getting 5 years in prison!!!

I cant belive that! My god people who commit car crime and theft get not much difference in jail time!

This is not justice in the least! i hope that the father of this child protests this jail term!

heres a link to the story!

www.sky.com...

A mother and her lover have been jailed for five years over the death of her baby son.

John Gray died aged 21 months as a result of a ruptured liver believed to have been caused by a blow to his abdomen.

At the time of his death in March 2003, John had more than 200 other injuries in 92 different places.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No this is not justice...

Justice would be submitting these two people to the exact pain and suffering that child went through.

My god, it's a baby, uncapable of defending itself.

This makes me sick. I hope that they get whats coming to them during thier 5 years in prison.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So I have to assume from the limited article that the prosecution could not prove that the child cruelty caused the death of the child? Is this another case of someone getting off on technicalities? If you find more info on the case please provide it, I will look myself.

It is a shame that seems to be an all to often case these days. In the US I have heard that a convicted rapist got a couple of months, this is also beyond comprehension when you weigh in the fact that the victim was a child herself.

It seems that more and more the law is more concerned with protecting the perpetrators than the victims.

I just found this rapist story who was sentenced to 10 years probation, here's the story.....

In a decision that stunned court officials and family members, an Angelina County jury on Tuesday sentenced to probation a man convicted of raping a 12-year-old girl.

State District Judge Paul White, who heard the case, said it was the first time in his three years on the bench that a jury in his court had granted probation to someone convicted of a felony.

Two years ago, a jury in state District Judge David Wilson's court gave a man five years probation for repeatedly assaulting his 12-year-old daughter.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Story

Chalk up another probation for rapist.....

DELHI A Hobart man was sentenced to 10 years of probation Monday after pleading guilty in Delaware County Court to one count of second-degree rape, a felony.

Scott M. Roe, 22, was also ordered by Delaware County Judge Robert L. Estes to pay a fine of $210 and a five-year order of protection was established for the victim.

"Scott Roe is a sex offender," Estes said.

The judge set Roe's sex offender hearing for 10:30 a.m. Dec. 3. The hearing will determine Roe's sex offender status.

Roe admitted in court that in June he had sex with a 14-year-old girl in the town of Stamford.

Story

This is another sad case for justice.......

In delivering his sentence, Ontario Court Judge Donald Halikowski slammed the couple, who are the boys' aunt and uncle, for implementing an "ill-informed system of discipline," describing it as "beyond comprehension."

But he said their treatment of the boys was "underscored by good intentions," and that there was no evidence the parents were sadistic.

Do you think this is sadistic?

One boy was found in a cage that was strapped to a wall and padlocked.

At times, the boys were tied to their beds and handcuffed. They were often beaten sometimes with a broom handle.

The boys had to eat their own feces out of fear of being punished.They also drank their own urine because they were deprived of water.

Unbelieveable........Story

[edit on 20-7-2004 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That is not right at all. That is sick, that is helping those awful people.

Anyone who beats or kills a child like that, deserves the same exact pain and suffering that the child went through.

Its all about victims rights, blah blah. Where are the rights for that baby? Where is her justice?

More and more reasons why society is going down the crapper.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Man, I feel like a gore crow, but... here again, death penalty. Why should these people continue to live? Why should they be allowed to take in air and nutrition for one more second? They have shown themselves to be of absolutely no value to humanity at all. In any way. They contribute nothing but raw sewage. Garbage. This woman could come out and have another baby to kill. He could come out to meet another woman and kill her child. Or maybe the lovers will have a child together that they can abuse and kill. There is no reason for their continued existence on this earth.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Heres more on the story.

www.sky.com...

Like you said they could not prove that the baby died injuries happened within four hours of the baby's death.

So Lorna Grey and James McEwan were acquitted of manslaughter!!!!

DEATH OF A TODDLER

John Gray suffered a ruptured liver and other internal injuries after five months of beatings by his mother's new boyfriend.

The 21-month-old baby was repeatedly abused during weekend trips to stay with his mother's lover in Manchester.

Each time the toddler returned to his home in Fife, his family noticed fresh bruises, black eyes, and on one occasion swollen testicles.

Lorna Gray met James McEwan on the internet and they began an online affair, which culminated in her leaving her husband Dean.

While the boyfriend treated her daughters well, he made the baby sleep on the floor and generally ill-treated him.

On the weekend of March 15 last year, the baby, his two sisters and mother went to stay at McEwan's house.

Police said McEwan beat the baby, rupturing his liver and causing him other internal injuries, which were only discovered at the post mortem.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Jesus, I can't even read that.

People like that don't even deserve to live on this world or have the graititude to have God's mercy. Good thing is, that the other convicts usually hate rapists, baby killers, and child killers. I hope he suffers in there, suffers as much as that poor baby did.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i am the brother-in-law of the male alleged accused,i have read everyone`s comments on this subject on numerous sites . Are we all just a little too quick to judge ?,my brother in law also fathered 5 children (1 of which is not his !),and at no time has he ever raised a hand to these children and each of the children adore him .......is this some1 who would actually hurt a child ? ...... that i cannot answer, but what i can state is ... i have never seen a bad bone in his body towards any adult let alone a child if u knew this man would u be as quick to judge ????. As for the female he shacked up with ......well i have never met her nor know her and cannot judge but i will further more add if either of you have the truthful knowledge of who actually inflicted such injuries on a baby u must feel the duty to state it and have the person responsible feel the full punishment which is just deserved, as honour amongst thieves does not exist amongst child killers or such people alike !!!!.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by The Mad Manc]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I cant read most of them either.

I think my theory is correct: Aliens are zapping peoples consciences (sp) in the middle of the night.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In most U.S. states, this person would have gotten lethal injection for a crime like this. That would be too kind, it should be harsher. 5 yrs. in prison is a total joke.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is yet another example of injustice that continues because of blurred lines between "right and wrong" and blurred, muddle-headed thinking. It never ceases to amaze me that our jails can be filled with people of crimes like simple marijuana possession -- a non violent crime, I might add -- and people (sic) like this are given sentences that often pale in comparison to sentences that are given to those who violate marijuana laws.

I shake my head in amazement when I consider that Canadian Marijuana activist and publisher , Marc Emory, is facing extradition to the United States and a possible life sentence in an American prison for selling marijuana seeds!

Marc should have beaten a baby to death, he'd be facing a slap on the wrist instead.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
can i just 1st say this thread started in

posted on 20-7-2004 at 07:47 AM

The Mad Manc thank you for posting your thoughts on this,

Yes i agree that none of us know these people, All i know is a child was killed and i hope that who ever done this will get be put away for along time,

I respect that you have come here and added your thoughts to this,

It does state in the artical that he treated them well

While the boyfriend treated her daughters well,

Im sure you understand the anger felt when such an event occurs to a helpless child,

Do you know any more on this ? ie.. what has been said since ect?

[edit on 9-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sorry The Mad Manc but from here it looks like your brother-in-law either cause these injuries and/or death or stood by and let it happen.

In either case, is 5 years justice? Nope.

When people get sentenced in this way it promotes street justice. Your brother-in-law and his wife should fear for there lives when they get out in 5 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yes we should be outrage to child abuse in any country including the US, every year millions of children are abuse and many will die from abuses and the perpetrators will never serve a single day in jail.

That is outrageous.

Statistic shows that many children that are targeted are under age 4 and females.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Justice would be submitting these two people to the exact pain and suffering that child went through.

That's not justice either it's revenge.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
can i just 1st say this thread started in

posted on 20-7-2004 at 07:47 AM

The Mad Manc thank you for posting your thoughts on this,

Yes i agree that none of us know these people, All i know is a child was killed and i hope that who ever done this will get be put away for along time,

I respect that you have come here and added your thoughts to this,

It does state in the artical that he treated them well

While the boyfriend treated her daughters well,

Im sure you understand the anger felt when such an event occurs to a helpless child,

Do you know any more on this ? ie.. what has been said since ect?

firstly they weren`t the children to which i was refering they were my sisters, and lorna gray is not my sister ....(sorry) and thanks to both of these so called adults my sister has had her children taken from her permanent although she was only involved via marrying james mcewan and not residing with him at the time this ghastly offence occured,and as far as i`m aware they are both to be re trailed for murder not manslaughter. yes i too also felt anger in a very big way towards them both .

[edit on 9-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Sorry The Mad Manc but from here it looks like your brother-in-law either cause these injuries and/or death or stood by and let it happen.

In either case, is 5 years justice? Nope.

When people get sentenced in this way it promotes street justice. Your brother-in-law and his wife should fear for there lives when they get out in 5 years.
i agree with your second comment but not your first and secondly.............my sister need not fear for her life ......for 1 she isn`t serving 5 yrs as she had nothing whatso ever to do with this , 2 she is married to james mcewan ,3 anyone who wishes to threaten my sisters life better come through me with an army as she has nothing to do with this matter and has already lost all 5 of her children due to jame sbeing charged with the baby`s death

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

A mother and her lover have been jailed for five years over the death of her baby son.

Sorry, I guess when I said wife that was not what I meant. I should of said you brother-in-law and his lover.
I'm confused
I don't understand why your sister has lost her children since she has nothing to do with the baby's death.

I should also point out that I don't support street justice. I'm just pointing out that when the legal system hands out 5 year sentences to child abusers/murderers it promotes street justice.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Sorry, I guess when I said wife that was not what I meant. I should of said you brother-in-law and his lover.
I'm confused
I don't understand why your sister has lost her children since she has nothing to do with the baby's death.

I should also point out that I don't support street justice. I'm just pointing out that when the legal system hands out 5 year sentences to child abusers/murderers it promotes street justice.
ty appology accepted although in the circumstances to the sentences dished out ....i`m more than in favour of street justice on this occasion , my sister lost her children as they were residing with their father (james mcewan) at the time of this occuring as my sister was recovering at my mothers from a nervous breakdown

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Recently on Law and Order their was a case of a racist family who adopted a black boy, just to have him set up for a murder and collect the insurance policy they took out on him. The fact that it would be even possible to happen; or as in a case like this continues my belief that some people should need certain training or check ups for any children they have.

We need a license to drive a car, you can not consume liquor until your a certain age, So why can you have a baby at any time of your choice? If they had some time of system in place, crimes like this may of been prevented. Just a simple routine check up for all new parents and their child for so many months. I do not know, I am not a Law maker who would have the resources to arrange such a scheme. Can anybody else agree to this, If you need to be qualified to do so many things, shouldnt it be required to bring a child into this world. Seems extreme, but think.. If it saved one child, would it be worth it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join