It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Humans, We Are Alone in this world! No ETs/superbeings :-( So Sad...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kylioneXsushi
reply to post by Skate

I got your message, thanks for the star. I can't reply yet though.

Now to be on topic, this thread has just degraded and is pointless. If someone fails to see the probability of non Earth originating life in the universe (even with the math to back it up) then they are beyond my words.
In fact the OP seems to provoke negative responses and constantly eggs posters on.

This lacks fruit.

You are wrong. I believe in the possibility of intelligent life somewhere in the universe.

I almost discovered the Drake equation before they came up with it.

I am an expert on ETs, so don't tell me I don't believe in life beyond our world.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You know how there are some people who are famous simply because they are famous? They bring nothing of value to the table except that they are capable of bringing attention to themselves. Attention for the sake of it.

That person is the OP

Why this thread isn't in skunk works by now is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The ETs told me there will be an "alien invasion" (their words) on April 1, 2011.

They will be dropping from their mothership in modified skateboards called hypergravitronic statico-levitation platforms.

This will be the start of a very dangerous time for mankind. First they will invade the banks and take all the cash.

Then they will hack into google and steal all our privacy data.

There will be a flood of extraterrestrial spam in our inboxes in a galactic scale like we've never seen before.

You must heed this warning and not dismiss it as a prank. The fate of mankind is at stake.

There will be millions of casualties from this. Changing your passwords is futile.

They will also take our gas and sell it at cosmic prices. Insane.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
You know how there are some people who are famous simply because they are famous? They bring nothing of value to the table except that they are capable of bringing attention to themselves. Attention for the sake of it.

That person is the OP

Why this thread isn't in skunk works by now is beyond me.

Ok then, prove to me that aliens on earth are real.

that's right, there is no solid proof beyond reasonable doubt that aliens on earth are real.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I thought so. People think they're smart because they think out of the box.

Well that doesn't make you smart.

Everyone sounds like they're smartypants.

You cant be smartypants around someone who is a bigger smartypants.

Value? Oh sure, I bring so much value. But you have to read between the lines to see it. If you can't, then you're doomed to perish in the coming alien invasion. Smarten up people, cause you aren't smart enough.

EDIT: this is the land of the smartypants. I bet there's a gene for being smartypants.
edit on 3/13/2011 by laymanskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Jumping to conclusions, while I can appreciate that you do not believe ET's are visiting earth and can appreciate the reasons why you feel this way - you are looking at one sided facts then drawing a conclusion instead of looking at the facts for and against and drawing your conclusion from there.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
Jumping to conclusions, while I can appreciate that you do not believe ET's are visiting earth and can appreciate the reasons why you feel this way - you are looking at one sided facts then drawing a conclusion instead of looking at the facts for and against and drawing your conclusion from there.

This thread is about me being depressed, because I had a dream last night. In my dream, there were big robots and superheroes and nice aliens that helped Japan.

I woke up, and realized we're alone. We are helping ourselves. That gave me faith in humanity. We don't need aliens or superheroes. If aliens are here, they are totally useless.

I believe in humanity, not enlightened aliens.

I shout "aliens aren't on earth" as a cry, to express an emotion. Wether they're actually here or not is irrelevant, and it will continue to be irrelevant as we experience more hardships. If Japan can overcome their troubles, we as a world community can overcome ours.

THe OP, as I said before, is more rhetorical than logical, more emotional than academic.

Sure I can be academic, I can be academic to the extreme like no one on ATS has ever seen before. But that's beside the point.

This OP is an expression of a realization caused by a dream I had. It says "there's no one else, and even if there is, it is irrelevant, because it is only us now doing the necessary work... to help, to rebuild..."
edit on 3/14/2011 by laymanskeptic because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Now it is these smartypants that baffle me. They are so eager to show how better they are by posting rude comments. They never read between the lines, but take whatever is presented literally. So sad, so limited cognitive faculties.

Perhaps ATS is their only venue to try and attempt to add a semblance of brilliance in their dull lives. They were probably an obscurity in school.

It still baffles me, how posters here can be so 1-dimensional, unimaginative, but try so hard to look smart. Total fail.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Alone in this universe... maybe. Maybe not. Time will tell, I guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by laymanskeptic

Who told you E.Ts are magical? They are living beings like you and me. Not special in any way except may be they are far more advanced spiritually. They may possess technological marvel. Does that mean that they are here to save billions of people? They don't have the need to. But that does not mean that they don't exist. They do exist.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Have you ever tried to save a colony of ants from destruction? I doubt it.

I love astronomy and have spent $1000's on scopes and other accessories. Even with all the knowledge I have about the subject, I know that the universe is more vast than anything the human mind is capable of comprehending. To say they are not there is silly to me. That doesn't necessarily mean they are visiting earth but the argument goes both ways. My mind is already made up and so is yours. If you don't believe in god as you say then you must believe in some form of evolution. So what makes you think that was only limited to this earth? Why would it be? There are still groups of people this very day in jungles around the world who for the most part are unaware of the rest of us, does that me we don't exist because we haven't rushed in to save them from any number of things?

Secondly, if there are true aliens, as in from another planet, visiting earth they are on a much higher level. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean you're right sorry. Go in your backyard, bring any piece of technology with you doesn't matter. Explain to the insects in your backyard how it works. When they understand let me know.

Also what makes you think they would need to save all of us?
edit on 14-3-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish

Who told you E.Ts are magical? They are living beings like you and me. Not special in any way except may be they are far more advanced spiritually. They may possess technological marvel. Does that mean that they are here to save billions of people? They don't have the need to. But that does not mean that they don't exist. They do exist.

ok please explain to me what "spiritually advanced" means...

Does it not include having well developed empathic faculties? So they may know how other creatures are feeling? What use is their spirituality?

I challenge anyone on ATS to tell me what spirituality means.

I challenge anyone to tell me what magic really means.

Educate me ATS members.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A tad arrogant to think we are the only world in the UNIVERSE with life, especially intelligent life. And then what about all the photos and videos and stories of them? Are they ALL fake?Are the ALL liars? Benevolent, perhaps not, but non-existent? Statistically impossible, I believe.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I misunderstood your OP - thanks for clarifying. You are right - if they do exist, they are not making much difference that we are aware of.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteobserver
Have you ever tried to save a colony of ants from destruction? I doubt it.

Yes, believe me.

I love astronomy and have spent $1000's on scopes and other accessories. Even with all the knowledge I have about the subject, I know that the universe is more vast than anything the human mind is capable of comprehending. To say they are not there is silly to me. That doesn't necessarily mean they are visiting earth but the argument goes both ways. My mind is already made up and so is yours. If you don't believe in god as you say then you must believe in some form of evolution. So what makes you think that was only limited to this earth? Why would it be? There are still groups of people this very day in jungles around the world who for the most part are unaware of the rest of us, does that me we don't exist because we haven't rushed in to save them from any number of things?

I am 95% certain that there are intelligent physical beings beyond earth. DO UFO sightings prove they are here? I don't think so.

Secondly, if there are true aliens, as in from another planet, visiting earth they are on a much higher level. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean you're right sorry. Go in your backyard, bring any piece of technology with you doesn't matter. Explain to the insects in your backyard how it works. When they understand let me know.

UFOs crashing in Nevada are superior aliens of a higher level? UFOs being shot down by military planes are aliens of a higher level? If they were real aliens and are supposedly superior to humans as humans are to insects, then we wouldn't see these flaws which I believe are simply products of inadequate human imagination patched up together to try to make a picture.

They are superior technologically, spiritually, and yet they crash? They're probably just man-made, it fits the picture more.

Assuming these UFOs are fake, but other alien presence are real (still no solid proof they are here), then they are not helping a lot, so useless for a race who are supposedly so advanced.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Ok maybe you have saved a few, but I doubt you ever lost any sleep over the ones you couldn't. Second, who said what crashed in Nevada was aliens? I didn't. Who said there were only one other race of aliens? Not me. Who said they only here to help us? That wasn't me either. Nor did I say anything about UFOs....and hey accidents happen just because they are on a higher level doesn't mean they are perfect.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Before anyone tells me "aliens are spiritually advanced", tell me what it means to be spiritual.

Tell me about the connection between spirituality and intellect. Tell me how qualia / consciousness / self-awareness are related to spirituality.

Tell me what magic is, whether it exists or not, and how it relates to spirituality, intellect, and consciousness.

Tell me about these things before telling me "aliens are spiritually advanced"

Then tell me about technology, and how it relates to spirituality.

Lastly, tell me about spiritual technologies.

Do that before telling me what you think aliens are.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteobserver

Ok maybe you have saved a few, but I doubt you ever lost any sleep over the ones you couldn't. Second, who said what crashed in Nevada was aliens? I didn't. Who said there were only one other race of aliens? Not me. Who said they only here to help us? That wasn't me either. Nor did I say anything about UFOs....and hey accidents happen just because they are on a higher level doesn't mean they are perfect.

there is no irrefutable proof that extraterrestrials are currently on earth.

What is "higher level"? Please define. technological? spiritual? intellectual?

Please tell me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I fully understand the OP and her intent. This is not a debate on the realistic possibility of extra-dimensional (or whatever) beings; it is more of a condemnation of any would-be beings for not intervening when we obviously need it. It's the same logic of saying "If there is a god, why do people suffer?"

I feel the frustration too. Just love, folks. Send love and money.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Your quite demanding.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join