It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Humans, We Are Alone in this world! No ETs/superbeings :-( So Sad...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Bleh, just another self righteous skeptic who can't come to terms with the fact that humans aren't that special in the grand scheme of things and maybe, just maybe, the value of the Universe is not measured in number of human lives on planet Earth.

Do you help an ant colony that is being flooded by torrential rain? Sure, we're smarter than ants, but who's to say some aliens aren't equally more intelligent than humans as humans are to ants?

To say that there are certainly no forms of intelligent life outside of planet Earth is asinine. To say that they don't exist because they don't help humans when they get hurt is egotistical and short-sighted.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nice post OP, I myself believe that 99% of UFO footage is rubbish and maybe just 1 out of every ten thousand is something unexplained. Do not worry about human technology advancement, we will eventually get there. But... that does not mean things will be fine, Avatar would be a good example.

link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

HOWEVER (lol): aliens still do not exist!!! Because there is no concrete and irrefutable evidence that will prove their existence beyond reasonable doubt!

Their technology is so simple it will blow your mind how simple it is, you should see the schematics. A bit of relativity and some quantu.... uh... no... wait... they don't exist...

Well said.....Still I am the type that likes to beat a dead horse....so

No concrete and irrefutable evidence that proves their existance is not proof that they do not exist...it only proves that they have not left any concrete or irrufutable evidence!

As for your last line....LMAO!!! Nicely put!! Made me laugh!

link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Because its on you to proove what you say and believe, we don't have that burdon!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So just because nobody came and swooped us from our own mess, there are no aliens?

Hmmm... something doesn't seem right with that logic...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
What if they are not aliens but us 10's of 1,000's of years in the future time traveling in the past and studying history. maybe they can't intervene. maybe we are alone in this solar system but rest assured i do believe there is some form of life in the universe, it is a big place u know!

I often find myself thinking the same thing.

Bipedal
Two Eyes
a small nose a small slit for a mouth
Arms and legs, Fingers

Using surgical instruments?
Even a flat screen TV in the wall?

Coincidence? Evolution, de-evolution of a dying human species?
Perhaps from radiation, atmospheric conditions, the Sun ect

Abducting past humans to see the continuity of humans carry on at some future point.

Yes then there is the LIE you must tell humans when there is interaction. A government would kill and spread disinformation so that the future is not compromised. It does fit in to the scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
So just because nobody came and swooped us from our own mess, there are no aliens?

Hmmm... something doesn't seem right with that logic...

911, happened Unemployment, Bad Economy, Micheal Jackson is dead...

This must mean there are no Aliens either

Because Aliens read marvel comics and must play super hero if they are Alien

edit on 14-3-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

If im correct, he said here on Earth!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Food for thought:

Millions of children starve and die in Africa, Asia and around the world. The richest country on earth could feed them clothe them and save millions of lives. But it does not intervene yet we have the resources and ability to . Does this mean America does not exist?

Let me refer to the gist of Star Trek it is common Philosophy

en.wikipedia.org...

In the universe of Star Trek, the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order #1, is the most prominent guiding principle of the United Federation of Planets. The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of pre-warp civilizations, consistent with the historical real world concept of Westphalian sovereignty. It has special implications, however, for civilizations that have not yet developed the technology for interstellar spaceflight ("pre-warp"), since no primitive culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or the existence of extraplanetary civilizations, lest this exposure alter the natural development of the civilization. Although this was the only application stated by Captain Kirk in "The Return of the Archons", by the 24th Century, it had been indicated to include purposeful efforts to improve or change in any way the natural course of such a society, even if that change is well-intentioned and kept completely secret. "Pre-warp" is defined as any culture which has not yet attained warp drive technology and is thus, implicitly, unaware of the existence of alien races. Starfleet allows scientific missions to investigate and secretly move amongst pre-warp civilizations as long as no advanced technology is left behind, and there is no interference with events or no revelation of their identity. This can usually be accomplished with hidden observation posts, but Federation personnel may disguise themselves as local sentient life and interact with them. The Prime Directive is a Starfleet regulation, and thus only applies to Starfleet officers. Civilian citizens of the Federation are not bound by it. In fact, if a Federation citizen has chosen to personally interfere with another civilization, Starfleet is powerless to remove that individual, under penalty of court-martial.[1] The only stated exception to the Prime Directive is the Omega Directive, in which a captain is authorized to take any means to destroy Omega Particles when detected. Whenever the Omega Directive is in force, the Prime Directive is effectively rescinded.

Now could it be maybe that Aliens on earth could practice a similar agenda or lack thereof ? Maybe they are here in their best interest and not ours.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by laymanskeptic

So where's your proof? Without proof that ets are here or not, your just stating your personal beliefs. Now that you've stated your belief, prove what you claim to be true or leave it alone.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

bsbray11: It seems that way in the beginning, that he is expecting it, but later in the post he points out that it is we who have to save ourselves.

Personally, a lot of the alien/ufo stuff out there is heresy. Even if you went up to a craft, you don't truly know for a fact where it came from. Looking up and seeing a ufo in the sky and deeming it an alien from zeta reticuli in an off the cuff "I heard it on coast to coast" assumption is sort of like someone whose never seen an alligator before going to florida, seeing one and claiming dinosaurs are still around. This whole thing seems like a giant game of telephone: "I saw a light in the sky last night" "that was an alien, here by my book for 40 bucks and come to my seminars for 20 bucks."
I'm not saying there are not any, but its awfully limiting to define things so stringently.
I've had one ufo experience in my life. It was a group of fast moving orange lights. They seemed to zip past, coalescing and dividing amongst themselves rapidly. Would I assume them aliens? No. The fact is, we as conscious beings know very little about what makes this existence up. Many alien abductions can be manufactured by taking '___', does that make them less real? No, it might be an extra dimensional thing. The fact of the matter here is, when you throw all your eggs in one basket and say "heres some lights in the sky, its ET, they're coming to save us from our own stupidity." is foolish. So I see the OP as a wake up call to all the intelligent people who tend to get stuck in their ego about the whole ufo thing. Start putting your heads else where, and who knows maybe they might come around eventually when we're on a straighter path.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There has to be ET's!
And the things going on around the world now are only a small speed bump in the bigger scheme of things.
They will intervene IF the nukes are launched, or if the earth decided to implode....and save a select few....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just my opinion but I honestly believe that we got our technology from aliens.

I think an alien craft either crashed or was shot down and studied.

So when are the mods going to put this in the hoax section???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Bear in mind if they do exist we would appear somewhat like a dog that keeps going to the toilet in its own food and purposely breaking his own legs, I dont know if you consider yourself a good person but would you travel half way across the world to save this dog even with the doubt it probably wont accept help, if they were benevolent then they would probably turn up only when a majority of the human beings here on earth were welcoming and ready to such an experience, it would do no good if it were only going to create more chaos and confusion.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
Just my opinion but I honestly believe that we got our technology from aliens.

I think an alien craft either crashed or was shot down and studied.

So when are the mods going to put this in the hoax section???

hey even if we did shoot it down- y dont we scramble jets every time any one reports a ufo?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSeYeR
Bear in mind if they do exist we would appear somewhat like a dog that keeps going to the toilet in its own food and purposely breaking his own legs, I dont know if you consider yourself a good person but would you travel half way across the world to save this dog even with the doubt it probably wont accept help, if they were benevolent then they would probably turn up only when a majority of the human beings here on earth were welcoming and ready to such an experience, it would do no good if it were only going to create more chaos and confusion.

i understand what ur saying but maybe the other advanced humanoids want to document or correct fellow humanoids on to our original path

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
hey even if we did shoot it down- y dont we scramble jets every time any one reports a ufo?

They do scramble jets or helicopters when they have radar objects, and have historically scrambled them in many cases and in many countries, so what is your point supposed to be? Because your rhetorical question backfired on you.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by confuciusion
Personally, a lot of the alien/ufo stuff out there is heresy. Even if you went up to a craft, you don't truly know for a fact where it came from. Looking up and seeing a ufo in the sky and deeming it an alien from zeta reticuli in an off the cuff "I heard it on coast to coast" assumption is sort of like someone whose never seen an alligator before going to florida, seeing one and claiming dinosaurs are still around.

You had me up til here, only because I think whether or not an alligator is a "dinosaur" in the way you mean is a semantic issue. In many ways they are surviving dinos.

But you're right, no way of knowing any of those things for sure.

This whole thing seems like a giant game of telephone: "I saw a light in the sky last night" "that was an alien, here by my book for 40 bucks and come to my seminars for 20 bucks."

Only problem with that is there have been way too many sightings, videos, you name it. I've seen a UFO myself (literally I did not know what it was except that it was NOT the usual heli, plane or satellite or even balloon that I see tons of, and it was orange and moved in ways I can't explain) and know other people who are very low-key humble people who have also seen all number of unexplainable things. If someone is going through all of this trouble just to sell books and seminars, I can't imagine what they must be spending just to keep all these hoaxes up throughout the world, and that so many people see and never have any desire to buy a book or go to a seminar.

You ever seen the objects that were over DC in the 1950s, and Washington scrambled planes twice but they couldn't keep up? What book or seminar was that supposed to be advertising for? Do you not think you're spreading your excuse a little too thin over a little too many historical events, over too many countries and for too many years to just be for a very small book and seminar market?

I've had one ufo experience in my life. It was a group of fast moving orange lights. They seemed to zip past, coalescing and dividing amongst themselves rapidly. Would I assume them aliens? No. The fact is, we as conscious beings know very little about what makes this existence up. Many alien abductions can be manufactured by taking '___', does that make them less real? No, it might be an extra dimensional thing. The fact of the matter here is, when you throw all your eggs in one basket and say "heres some lights in the sky, its ET, they're coming to save us from our own stupidity." is foolish.

And I agree with all of that.

So I see the OP as a wake up call to all the intelligent people who tend to get stuck in their ego about the whole ufo thing. Start putting your heads else where, and who knows maybe they might come around eventually when we're on a straighter path.

Maybe you got that from the OP, but what I got was "no aliens are here to save you so there are none." Which is of course a logical fallacy. Saying we need to take care of ourselves without them, whether or not they exist, is fine, but the fallacy was claiming "because of this disaster, therefore they don't exist."

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
lol wow i find it funny how the OP starts off as saying that aliens arnt here then he goes on to say that they spoke to him a few years back or something like that. seems to me that he simply made this fourm to pretty much see if he could get a negitive reaction from peeps. who here honestly thinks that they would even help us in this situation who knows how long they have been here. and dose anyone have 1 example of how they helped us the human race as a whole. yes there im sure have been cases that they have spoken with a few individuals. but what would make anyone think that they would lets just say make a public appearence in the curent sittuation also would anyone like to tell the OP the motto of the site? think he should hear it one last time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
also who knows if they dont have a plan in the future to help us out in someway. possibly they have all ready been in contact with people and they possible instructed those said people to be quite about it. I for one would listen to them if instructed to do so. and im sure there are others out there that would do the same thanks for hearing my oppinion on the matter thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join