It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Humans, We Are Alone in this world! No ETs/superbeings :-( So Sad...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I really really hope you're right. Because I want to go into space and colonize the other planets. But judging from our past examples, if we find any other people, we will enslave them, kill them, and make ourselves look like a bunch of assholes.

edit on 14-3-2011 by president because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Your saying that extraterrestrial life doesn't exist, on the basis that they don't come down and rescue us? That would be like saying human beings don't exist because we don't save all the suffering animals or, even our own kind. If human beings can't even save themselves, their planet, or the other species inhabiting it. Then why would a extraterrestrial race come down and rescue us? We do the same thing with animal life here on Earth. It's the whole "let nature take it's course" kind of thing. Sure we could rescue the poor baby deer getting mauled by a group of vicious lions but, would that even be what nature intended? A intelligent extraterrestrial race would never just come down here and be like "were here to solve your problems."

To say that there is no life outside of Earth because Earth is being abused, nature is angry, and we aren't getting a handout, is just hopeless. We have to learn to solve our own problems as a race.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
lol if thats what you want to think go ahead. they are not interfering because we occupy Earth. they have no right to come in and interfer..the only time there will be interference is when a nuclear bomb goes off..thats it. so anyone hoping they are going to come down and save us..its not going to happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Say there are benevolent beings why should they come out now. What is happening in Japan is tragic. But in no way shape or form does it threaten the existence of life on earth. So why should any alien or other being pop out and save us. Humanity is still capable of saving themselves.

We popluate known places we shouldnt there are villages right under volcanoes. Countries and cities built on known fault lines. History has told us that these events will happen again. Just because we think we can go anywhere and populate doesnt mean we dont have to deal with the consequences.

Just because they dont come when you want to, does not mean they do not exist. You believe in no God which is fine so I'll assume you believe in evolution. Some people believe in creation, others believe in a mix of evolution and genetic manipulation. We still dont have a missing link. We can find all these dinosaur bones and early man skeletons but no missing link. Guess that evolution there is a scam

The point is to respect the opinion of others. Who are you to declare the nonexistence of any entity, whether it be aliens, a god, or even unicorns. Around here we like proof. Its good to have opinions. Just don't state them as facts without any proof.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by laymanskeptic

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Guess you've just been left out of the loop.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Or maybe there are superbeings and benevolent alien beings here or close to earth, but when they saw the destruction caused by the earthquake and tsunami, they thought to themselves "humans had it coming", and thus chose not to intervene.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
in my humbly bumbly opinion, I think they are here but none of them are benevolent/malevolent (that all started with the Pleiadian,grays, and reptilian story). My guess is that they are either here to research the planet or for some other reason we don't understand. Also, I highly doubt that there is a galactic war going on and the good forces want to help us but can't because of the evil forces. But who really knows... I was a little surprised when some military officers came out about u.f.o's disabling nuclear facilities (youtube 2010 disclosure).

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The Drake Equation suggest otherwise.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
According to well respected NASA employees, and government officials there are at least 57 bipedal humanoid type aliens that we are in contact with.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by STL0913
According to well respected NASA employees, and government officials there are at least 57 bipedal humanoid type aliens that we are in contact with.

Yes, I too have read that, plus read a great many personal stories, most so alike it would take thousands brainwashed at the same time, I have seen thousands of photos, some real, many not real, I saw a video where three little lights made a crop circle in a few seconds, and I have seen may videos. not to mention I have seen perhaps 6-7 in the sky, one on the ground about 100 feet from me, one on the ground right next to me, and I have to tell you, it was not swamp gas sitting there. I wonder sometimes why people haunt these UFO/Alien threads, trying everything they can do to distract from it, and make the author seem foolish, or point out grammar mistakes, or post religious drivel as a reply. Why not just live and let live?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh hun your right. We ARE the superbeings that we are all wishing and waiting for. Its time you meet yourself.

Love Love Love Love unstick like glue, love love love, let yourself fall away, love love love, we are all the same.
edit on 14-3-2011 by DarkCyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

LayManSkeptic I am disturbed by Your Post !! How can You Say one way or the other as to what exists here? Maybe just because you Haven't seen An Alien or their Crafts You say they do not exist?
I have seen U.F.O.'s Several times since my Earliest ChildHood so I CAN Say they Exist !!!!!!
Whoever is in them I have not Seen, but the ships are under Intelligent Control!!
FireFly_ I Totally Agree With YOU Here! Thanx for Taking a lot of what I would have said, and putting it Down in Text !!!
However I am Not In Dillusion of thinking Aliens or Any of the Other SuperNaturals will come to save the Day.So in this sense, I will have to agree with LayManSkeptic_ on this thought;
I Think We should all Try to Be in Harmony to the Earth, OurSelves , Other Intelligent Life Forms And Heavenly Bodies out there in Our Universal Skies.
We can as a Powerful Species come Together in Minds to Create a Better Destiny for ManKind. Syx

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They don't exist, because they don't help?
Maybe they want us to learn for ourselves, they can't help us with everything

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Whether or not the OP is right, he makes a great point. Why is it we have to be shoveled out of our messes? We made it, we clean it up. It's called being responsible, and I don't think the "grown-ups" of the universe will want to interact with us if we're always messing up and can't pick ourselves up.
Think about it like this- you have a friend. This friend is always doing bad things, gambling all of his savings away, doing a lot of drugs. You may step in for intervention and say "hey, dude, cut the shenanigans" but I doubt without any self realization on the friends part they will do any better. I'm willing to bet there are other lifes forms out there, how ever they come, but we won't merit their intervention, their friendship if we can't even treat each other as friends. Hypothetically, I think the only type of creatures we would attract are malevolent ones, who will use this hopelessness and uncooperative nature against us.
So again, who cares right now if they exist or not? Why not think about what YOU can do to make this world that much better?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Proably one of the most thought provoking, and intellegent threads on the home page of this website right now.

Very well done op, and you are seeing the light. All these other conspiracy, ufo, goverments going to kill us all nuts running around on this website trying to pretend to be scientist etc etc, are so far off the mark that it's now comedy for the me to come here and read.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by confuciusion
Whether or not the OP is right, he makes a great point. Why is it we have to be shoveled out of our messes? We made it, we clean it up. It's called being responsible, and I don't think the "grown-ups" of the universe will want to interact with us if we're always messing up and can't pick ourselves up.

Right, which by comparison would make the mentality assumed by the OP more of an infant mentality. Literally, depending on others to fix everything they break.

Or like has been posted several times, is it proof that humans don't walk the Earth if none stop to help an ant hill?
edit on 14-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
BENEVOLENT E.T's WILL NOT INTERVENE, BECAUSE THAT WILL LOW-SELF EMPOWER US. They don't want us to worship them as our gods. Trust me, there are races watching us. Pretty sure theres a war going on outside this world.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I agree with the do it yourself part, but there are aliens. I got one under my bed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Who said that they were "benevolent" in the first place? Maybe they are simply indifferent to our issues. Why would they, should they intervene? If we build a nuclear plant and it explodes oh say in Russia and then we have another incident happen in Japan 20 something years later thus not learn from our mistakes then would we be so worthy? The fact is people die, they die from natural disasters and they have continued to do so since the beginning of civilization Why do you think they call it "natural" disaster?

Anyhoo who says it is aliens shutting down silos and buzzing our skies in the first place? They could be flexing muscle to the military in doing so, it could be even more grim. According to popular belief and some officials yes, but even a real skeptic would be so weary to drop the A-bomb "aliens" that is. You sound more like a pessimist then a skeptic even a real skeptic . knows better than to draw conclusions from such minuscule and irrelevant circumstances. You are trying to understand an off world species here, not some tribe in another land. This is where many people fail at trying to see the scope of ufology. It's like when believers say Aliens are here to save us because they are so much more intellectual... it is just not realistic.

What we do know is that in most cases UFO's are evasive, shy and antisocial so to speak and sometimes seemingly curious. Kidnapping people in the middle of the night and subjecting them against their will is strikingly similar to what humans do to animals in a nature preserve. That says to me they view us as a lesser species. Nobody knows the agendas for certain of the occupants of UFO's, what they are where they come from. But this thread with all intents and purposes is a skeptics way of making up an excuse.

"I don't understand it so im just going to relate it to something unrelated and irrelevant"

edit on 14-3-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What if they are not aliens but us 10's of 1,000's of years in the future time traveling in the past and studying history. maybe they can't intervene. maybe we are alone in this solar system but rest assured i do believe there is some form of life in the universe, it is a big place u know!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join