It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHOA Something HUGE LOOKS Like It Just Crashed Into Our SUN! March 13, 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................... zzzzzzzzz........zzzz.... something about radioactive clouds hitting North America with links attached that mentioned nothing of the sort tend to make me instantly question this post, the exif data fom any imagery used in this post, as well as the OP's intentions behind this post.

I'm TIRED... I've been awake too long......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzz

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Uploaded by Sheilaaliens on Mar 13, 2011

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Happy Birthday to the Phoenix Lights UFOs So am I missing something or did that just really occur? I'm not an expert on the stereo/soho images, they are a mystery to me to this day. But it LOOKS like something, not much smaller than the Sun itself (the sun is outlined in the middle of the picture) has just been engulfed kamakazi style into her fiery embrace?

Hmmmm @_@ Oh, and here is an interesting tidbit on www.spaceweather.com... today:

SUBSIDING STORMS: The geomagnetic storms of March 10th and 11th are subsiding. Earth's magnetic field began shaking on March 10th in response to a CME impact; the reverberations continued for more than 24 hours. In Sweden the auroras were so bright, they competed with campfires.

EEEERREEHHH-REWIND: " Earth's magnetic field began shaking on March 10th in response to a CME impact; the reverberations continued for more than 24 hours." .........

no time for any music, not necessary at the mom3nt...

edit on 13-3-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: Fixed thread title to appease the....people that always find something to compain about? The original thread title was worded EXACTLY as the youtube video attached. My intent was to maintain the integrity if the original description that's all, but hey can't please everyone right?

The thing looks exactly like Saturn, rings and all...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

*snip* did u just say rings?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Have no idea what this is.........but, if the explanation of Venus passing behind the sun is correct, then in the next 10 days we will see the exact same thing on the left side of the soho picture, as Venus would be continuing it's path behind the sun.......

Guess we'll wait and see??

Parker

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So this image is of the back side of the sun if I am understanding correctly? I gues sit must be otherwise how could you see a planet thru the sun.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Haha, I love how everyone is like "there was no impact"...if you watch the video it states the object will SOON impact our sun. I'm guessing on the 15th. *spooky music*

But yes, the thread title is misleading...

EDIT: And the video is actually titled "Something HUGE is Definitely Just *ABOUT* to Crash Into Our SUN!", so I don't know if the OP made up the thread title, or if the video uploader changed the title on it.

edit on 14-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
i have just done a little research about this thread by Newbomb Turk well the first thing i noticed was that the beginning of his thread began with these words:

uploaded by Sheilaaliens on Mar 13, 2011 Happy Birthday to the Phoenix Lights UFOs So am I missing something or did that just really occur?

so i highlighted those words and google searched it, which brings me to this youtube page:

www.youtube.com...

then open up the description of the video and we find the entire text of 'your' post. you have not added any new material or thought of your own to this and have in fact plagiarized this entire post from youtube user Sheilaaliens.

next in my pursuit to uncover the truth i find this web site:

theendtimesarehere.com...

hmm. same title as our thread here, upon clicking the headline link to the story, whoa, you are brought back to THIS thread on ATS,

WHOA Something HUGE LOOKS Like It Just Crashed Into Our SUN! March 13, 2011 Posted on 13 March 2011 Source: AboveTopSecret.com New Topics

Uploaded by Sheilaaliens on Mar 13, 2011 Happy Birthday to the Phoenix Lights UFOs So am I missing something or did that just really occur? Im not an…

it does read that the source is AboveTopSecret.com, yet by appearances it is posted by Sheilaaliens, but skrolling further down on the page i find that it has in fact been added by a user named a 'Newbomb Turk'

This post was written by: Newbomb Turk - who has written 12 posts on The End Times Are Here. Contact the author

so really, what gives man? what are you trying to accomplish by stealing Sheilaaliens word and content and then reposting her work again on theendtimesarehere.com?? are you trying a smear campaign for her? has she given you permission to repost her work? i will be asking her. or maybe you need to pay closer attention to the 'BEFORE YOU REPLY, make every post matter' rules particularly these two:

Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source.

State Your Case: If you're posting links to other sites or videos, please include your commentary on how the video is relevant to the discussion.

remember 'deny ignorance' while here on ATS!
edit on 023131p://2011-03-14T02:30:54-05:00201103 by bladdersweat because: grammar

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hey guys if you don't notice I give you a few things before you start saying it's venus or it did not crash
1) The title is misleading the object is yet to hit the sun if you notice the video keep repeating it's self till 13th march 13:00pm.
2) Venus does not orbit that fast, if it was as fast as that or as bright it will take only 3 months to orbit the sun whilst it normally takes 8 months.
3) It could however be an object that is actually going behind the sun.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Venus does not move that fast around the sun.

When did Venus get it's supercharger?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Maybe it's that Nibiru planet thingie that we're expecting but if it is then how is it going to do to the earth what everyone says it is supposed to do if it ends up as sun food? But maybe it's a Photoshop special.... Seems more likely.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thank you debunkers for showing some facts. I'm no expert but even I knew that it was likely another plantet crossing BEHIND the sun.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I guess we will find out in the coming week if it shows up on the other side of the sun.

OR MABY IT WENT RIGHT THROUGH THE SUN OMGZ

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

OOps! Wrong thread!
edit on 10/25/2010 by cloudwatcher because: Posted in the wrong thread!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

SOHO moves around the Sun in step with the Earth, by slowly orbiting around the First Lagrangian Point (L1), where the combined gravity of the Earth and Sun keep SOHO in an orbit locked to the Earth-Sun line. The L1 point is approximately 1.5 million kilometres away from Earth (about four times the distance of the Moon), in the direction of the Sun. There, SOHO enjoys an uninterrupted view of our daylight star

Earth is about 150 km from the sun... Therefore, this SOHO satellite orbits the sun, just inside that of the earths orbit. What you are seeing in the clip my friends is a planet. It is most likely Venus passing bw SOHO and the sun, but could be Mercury. Doubt it is any other planet bc it would have to be on the other side of the sun, and its just too big. My bet on Venus.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo

Earth is about 150 km from the sun...

How much
Erm I guess we can grab a plane and check the other side then
Why bother with the waiting

edit on 14/3/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Jeez guys this IS Venus, and it does move that fast in the perspective of Stereo B. The field of view means you are only looking at a tiny portion of Venus' orbit - hence the reason it appears to be moving fast.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Uploaded by Sheilaaliens on Mar 13, 2011

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Happy Birthday to the Phoenix Lights UFOs So am I missing something or did that just really occur? I'm not an expert on the stereo/soho images, they are a mystery to me to this day. But it LOOKS like something, not much smaller than the Sun itself (the sun is outlined in the middle of the picture) has just been engulfed kamakazi style into her fiery embrace?

Hmmmm @_@ Oh, and here is an interesting tidbit on www.spaceweather.com... today:

SUBSIDING STORMS: The geomagnetic storms of March 10th and 11th are subsiding. Earth's magnetic field began shaking on March 10th in response to a CME impact; the reverberations continued for more than 24 hours. In Sweden the auroras were so bright, they competed with campfires.

EEEERREEHHH-REWIND: " Earth's magnetic field began shaking on March 10th in response to a CME impact; the reverberations continued for more than 24 hours." .........

no time for any music, not necessary at the mom3nt...

edit on 13-3-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: Fixed thread title to appease the....people that always find something to compain about? The original thread title was worded EXACTLY as the youtube video attached. My intent was to maintain the integrity if the original description that's all, but hey can't please everyone right?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/14/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

I didn't know the moon had "jagged mountains".. Check out the pic of the "moon in front of the sun" in orbit... plus this is first I've heard about Halley's comet in years.

METEORS FROM HALLEY'S COMET: Earth is about to pass through a stream of dusty debris from Halley's Comet, source of the annual eta Aquarid meteor shower. Forecasters expect the shower to peak on May 6th. Sky watchers who look during the dark hours before dawn on Friday could see between 10 and 40 meteors per hour. [full story] [video] [meteor radar]

SDO SOLAR ECLIPSE: There was no eclipse on Earth, yesterday, but there was one in Earth orbit. More than 22,000 miles above the planet's surface, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory watched the Moon on May 3rd pass almost directly in front of the sun:

Look at the full-sized image and trace your finger around the Moon's limb. Thanks to the high resolution of SDO's 16 megapixel cameras, you can actually count jagged mountains backlit by the sun's atmosphere.

Beyond the novelty of observing a such an event from space, these images have practical value to the SDO science team. Karel Schrijver of Lockheed-Martin's Solar and Astrophysics Lab explains: "The very sharp edge of the lunar limb allows us to measure the in-orbit characteristics of the telescope--e.g., light diffraction on optics and filter support grids. Once these are characterized, we can use that information to correct our data for instrumental effects and sharpen up the images to even more detail."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join