It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm concerned with the nuclear aspects of this emergency more than the ground shaking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I work for an emergency management agency in a state with many nuclear facilities. Our facility was build and federally funded after sept 11. This building has several different emergency related agencies including military...I cant say the exact amount nuclear plants, because then you could find out where I work through some research. We have a command center that is specifically for the nuclear power plants throughout our state and region, and this command center can actually run the power plants remotely. So you can see the reasons for the highest security. .. This facility has devices throughout the state and country that can detect radioactive particles in the atmosphere. Now, I am normally allowed in this area, but on Friday the area was on full lock down and they brought in extra security and nuclear commission expert people. Now this facility would only be activated given a threat to the united states of a radiological event. There is also a secure room that I have never had security access too, I am never allowed in this room......ever....... This secure room was also busy. This room has secure phone lines to Washington.

My building is one of the safest buildings in the Midwest. It is protected from radiation with a metal mesh around the building. I'm not trying to stir up something here but the only time I see this room activated is for training exercises and they train on nuclear meltdown that results in radioactive releases, atmospheric nuclear blasts and even strong solar flare activity. All this seems interesting to me that things were activated he because of Japan. That much I do know because one of my coworkers who is a earthquake expert was called in to the area to talk about the type of quake. This in my opinion, and I have a masters in emergency management and a background homeland security, something to be concerned about.

I will not work until tomorrow. I will repost what the condition and any operations I can see within the building.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Its New Madrid man, some are saying that the mid-west is gonna get it, but now the focus is on Cali and the west.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks OP very interesting.I asume the nuclear emergency over there made everyone jumpy hey?
perhaps they were working our proceedures for japan by computer modelling their scenario in the blue room you arent allowed into.....
Looking forward to an update too.....peace s

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thank you for keeping us informed about what you know. Your position could provide some valuable information for us. Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

edit on 3/13/11 by darrman because: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how did he know?,,,,,,,,,,,

edit on 3/13/11 by darrman because: shhh

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
thats it.. im headed up to dawson city.. enough is enough..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

I am a trainer for the Midwest shake out occurring in the end of may on a mock earthquake of the new Madrid fault line. I am participating in this training exercise that consist of a 7.7 magnitude earthquake on the fault. I could be considered an expert witness in this fault based on a emergency perspective. I work with many people with regards to the New Madrid Fault....

but I also know that there is a 6%- 10% chance that this type of quake will happen in next 25 years. We have sensors located all throughout Tennessee on the fault and are constantly studying it. I was part of a FEMA based survey group to locate potential hazards in the Midwest in late 2007. We conducted that the New Madrid fault was the most dangerous. This was studied further by FEMA and decided in late 2008 that the new Madrid fault was most potentially dangerous and most likely to happen in the county. That was the time the decision was made to do a massive training exercise using 7 states and now close to 1 million people to participate. This is classic hazard mitigation, nothing to do with the potential for the fault to give.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Military movement reported in certain areas? Passing comets kept quiet? Unheard of “Emergency” training activities? Canned water from beer factories? Fema camps? Norwegian politicians warning of bunkers being built before 2011? And now a radioactive response unit is activated.
It doesn’t take much connecting-the-dots to think that there has been some preparation for this event…

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just saw this on the BBC website, which is concerning to say the least. I really hope that we wake up to the dangers of nuclear power.

A former adviser on radiation to the UK government, Dr Christopher Busby, has told the BBC the situation at the nuclear plants is extremely serious. "Particularly concerning is the [Fukushima] number three reactor which I understand is in trouble now, because... it runs on a different sort of fuel; it doesn't run on uranium, it runs on a mixed uranium plutonium fuel, and plutonium is an extremely serious hazard so if this stuff comes out then it's going to make what's happened so far, in terms of the tsunami damage, look a little bit like an entrée to the real course."
"

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Military movement reported in certain areas? Passing comets kept quiet? Unheard of “Emergency” training activities? Canned water from beer factories? Fema camps? Norwegian politicians warning of bunkers being built before 2011? And now a radioactive response unit is activated.
It doesn’t take much connecting-the-dots to think that there has been some preparation for this event…

Don't forget about the Ambassadors being called back

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Just out of interest, what colour is the door of the room you are not llowed in to?

Could this be a reactionary group repsonse to a potential radioactice cloud passing over the U.S? What effect would a radioactive cloud have on a nuclear facility?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am also concerned. I'm currently living on the beach in Hawaii and had to relocate to higher ground the night of the event. While Oahu was not hit, the Big Island and Maui were. Now should a fall-out cloud begin to head in this direction, we could potentially be the first in the US hit.

I'm watching the situation closely as I have kids and don't want them exposed. My largest concern is the current conflicting coming out. It is hard to get an accurate picture on what is happening, certainly with enough advance warning for my liking. If a cloud heads this way, it will be near impossible to get off the island.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Just out of interest, what colour is the door of the room you are not llowed in to?

Could this be a reactionary group repsonse to a potential radioactice cloud passing over the U.S? What effect would a radioactive cloud have on a nuclear facility?

The door is steel and grayish.....it has a lock unlike any other one I have ever seen. It is a digital pad lock, like the one you dial around clockwise than counterclockwise...You also need a secure badge to enter the room that holds the secure room door. I am able to see who goes in and out based on where i am located.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes but of course! The Ambassadors too. Strange that iodine stock is running low and hard to get. Either some pharmaceutical company wasn’t let in on the deal (highly unlikely) or somebody is making sure there is “collateral damages”.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Sounds like this:

www.x09locks.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

That is exactly what type of lock it is. The area around this room has an increase in security cameras,

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That type of lock is pretty much standard for military vaults / secure areas. Assuming they are following protocol the combo gets changed every 45 - 120 days, however if not; there's always the default combo...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hey dude, any further progress on this?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Yes, That part of the building is still on lockdown. I think the threat is being monitored here but not reacting until we have radiation in US. but as of now the director and assistant director are in meetings with nuclear commission this afternoon

I will not know about what role the EMA Emergency Management Agency will take yet, but as of now my command center that we work under is not activated

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Puzzled.
The Great Shake Out is April 28, 2011. You said end of May. This confuses me. Are there multiple shake outs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join