It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Changes - self inflicted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think that nearly everyone alive now has noticed there is something going on with our environment. Earthquakes and volcanoes in every part of the world. The weather has gone crazy. But is this due to us or due to some other influence?

Firstly, I think of the mining that is done to fuel this consumeristic society. The planet is dug up for its trace amounts of precious metals and other materials to make our electronics work.

Then, add in the oil. Bleeding the earth dry of oil, and replacing it with water. Oil has many properties water does not, one of which being a lubricant. What if the oil served a purpose?

Then there is the nuclear testing that has been done constantly for over 80 years. Many of the tests are done on the same sites. If simple dynamite can create deep and vast mines and tunnels, imagine what nuclear explosions are doing.

Large scale deforestation and pollution has caused our planet to heat up due to the accumulation of greenhouse gases. As a result the weather has gone haywire and we are experiencing extremes.

So with all these things in mind, I find it hard to believe that it is all just coincidence, and just happens to be at the same time we "advance" to our current situation. Could it be we are doing it to ourselves?

If we have to fear the sun shedding a layer of plasma, or betelguse going supernova, or some other natural event from the heavens, and if such an event does happen at this current time, then maybe there is actually some other force at work we do not know much, if anything, about at all.

new topics

join