It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education from the past... :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
These videos are comical in their ridiculousness, but unfortunately, in many cases these types of messages are still being fed to our youth, just in different and less blatant ways.

There's also a bountiful supply of ridiculous and old videos ready for use in schools today. I'm a history teacher and I've spent many hours pre-viewing videos to see if they are suitable for use. In my former history department the bulk of the videos kept on hand are from the 70s or 80s, are inequitable and completely unsuited to the type of historical education I want my students to receive. They are, however, commonly used by many teachers in the department simply because they are what's available, as opposed to their value as a teaching tool. So sad

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
These videos are comical in their ridiculousness, but unfortunately, in many cases these types of messages are still being fed to our youth, just in different and less blatant ways.

There's also a bountiful supply of ridiculous and old videos ready for use in schools today. I'm a history teacher and I've spent many hours pre-viewing videos to see if they are suitable for use. In my former history department the bulk of the videos kept on hand are from the 70s or 80s, are inequitable and completely unsuited to the type of historical education I want my students to receive. They are, however, commonly used by many teachers in the department simply because they are what's available, as opposed to their value as a teaching tool. So sad

This is the point of this thread...

Some of this garbage is still being used as "educational tools" ......... More like brainwashing tools actually but none the less.

It shows how the media and those who make films like these are using them to convey false information to the public and insite fear.

More to come..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This reminds me of a redneck joke...

LOL

<< 1   >>

join