It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Powered Keyboard!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Logitech’s newest keyboard is thin, smooth, and all kinds of sleek. Oh, and the best part about it? It’s solar-powered. I know what you’re thinking, “How often is my keyboard outside in the sunlight? Never.” Don’t worry. The two solar panels at the top of the keyboard work to keep its internal battery charged - even when it’s in low indoor light (including light emit from light bulbs). Other awesome features include the fact that it’s PVC-free, comes in recyclable packagine, and if you’re on a Windows OS, you can download a free app called ‘Solar App’ that you can activate with one key, and brings up a meter that tells you how much keyboard power is left.
Full Story Here

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
too bad everyone here on ats live in basements

cool keyboard, we need solar powered laptops. that would be more convenient

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
That is pretty cool! Although I'm sure when they come out they will be a little expensive. I'm sure I will eventually get one though
And the fact that even light bulbs can charge it makes it even better.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Its not really new technology though, look at alot of calculators.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't quite understand why a solar panel on a keyboard, your keyboard is powered by the power supply, unless it is just for the key led's or something.

reply to post by vjr1113

Agreed solar laptops would rock, a whole generation of emo kids would have rockin tans and probably a better outlook on life as they are getting more sun, but an array for a laptop would actually be pretty big.
It wold have to be a fold out.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

At first that may be the case for "Solar Powered Laptops", but eventually it will be minimized to a small attachment. Just like the first computers. Im sure they never thought they would get a small as a phone.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wow free energy for your keyboard,powered by the light from the ceiling,which is also free ,payed for by your mum.
How far humans have advanced is truly remarkable.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
According to Logitech:
www.logitech.com...

It doesn’t get more hassle-free than this. This keyboard charges itself whenever there’s light—and stays charged for at least three months in total darkness—so you can say good-bye to battery hassles

This is total geek badassery..So even us basement dwellers can use it as it is powered by nearly any light source. I'm impressed.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
too bad everyone here on ats live in basements

cool keyboard, we need solar powered laptops. that would be more convenient

LOL, so i guess we need a geothermal powered keyboard then

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Well, watch this video

This video!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM