It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 hour time difference in 2 areas of my house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ok, posted this in the wrong forum so I hope this is the right one.

When I got up this morning my wife asked me if I re-set the digital clock on our bed side. I said no. Checked my Laptop and local tv weather, they were the same time.

But...The digital clock AND HER laptop were both exactly 1 hour behind. To the minute. A little weird for my tastes.

I do know that computer clocks can change zones mysteriously sometimes. Thought about that. But, I also know that a digital clock will be blinking in the morning if there was a power outage. Didn't happen.

Did this happen to anyone else? I am quite open to this just being a very strange coincidence.

I am on the East Coast.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

daylight savings time buddy. Some were set to auto-change, some werent.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok, posted this in the wrong forum so I hope this is the right one.

When I got up this morning my wife asked me if I re-set the digital clock on our bed side. I said no. Checked my Laptop and local tv weather, they were the same time.

But...The digital clock AND HER laptop were both exactly 1 hour behind. To the minute. A little weird for my tastes.

I do know that computer clocks can change zones mysteriously sometimes. Thought about that. But, I also know that a digital clock will be blinking in the morning if there was a power outage. Didn't happen.

Did this happen to anyone else? I am quite open to this just being a very strange coincidence.

I am on the East Coast.

HUH?!

WHA?

Some clocks just didnt automatically change.

Not everything is a freaken' mystery!

edit on 13-3-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ok, someone said time change in another thread. Feel silly now. Move along...nothing to see here...except someone spending too much time on ATS me thinks!

lol

"In most of Canada Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 a.m. local time on the second Sunday in March. On the first Sunday in November areas on Daylight Saving Time return to Standard Time at 2:00 a.m. During Daylight Saving Time turn your clocks ahead one hour. At the end of Daylight Saving Time turn your clocks back one hour."

Feeling sillier every day! lol How could I miss that?
edit on 13-3-2011 by jude11 because: update

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have had this happen to me, but in the fall for the last couple of years. I honestly can't remember about the spring. The clocks I have had the time change days programmed in. However the change was made to occur a week earlier in the fall about 2 or 3 years ago. So my clocks are always off then. That may be the same thing now, especially since my clock wasn't updated this morning either.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
that'd be interesting anyways, if someones house were in between two time zones

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't understand what you are getting at. The time change was 2AM locally this morning. Computers with updates will change automatically, though an older comp that maybe hasn't had a update since the announced change of dates of the time change a few years ago would explain why it hasn't auto updated.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
First line.

Is it rude to laugh?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage
First line.

Is it rude to laugh?

In this case, it's quite acceptable to laugh. lol

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wow....you need meds

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
that'd be interesting anyways, if someones house were in between two time zones

The interesting thing is that my wife and I have the same laptop and they were next to each other. Next to the digital clock and across from the TV.

Damn technology! lol

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
Wow....you need meds

Or sleep... Or both? lol

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

dont beat yourself up man, we had a small argument at my house about who had the right time, then we remembered it was dst

^he needs meds? really?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey Mods! There should be a forum for the stupidest threads ever! You can make mine the poster child for it. I deserve it.

I am now laughing so hard that I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for not being too cruel posters. I know some of you held back.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

seriously...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Hey Mods! There should be a forum for the stupidest threads ever! You can make mine the poster child for it. I deserve it.

I am now laughing so hard that I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for not being too cruel posters. I know some of you held back.

At least you are a good sport about this. Good for you. Most people here are a bunch of babies when they catch some flack about their posts.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Yeah, sometimes when I think I might own a little bit of intelligence, this crap comes out like verbal diarrhea.

In all honesty, being on ATS so much these days, I started thinking that the Japan movement of 8 ft and 2 recent pole shifts might have had some impact on time zones. Then I sat back and thought..."Dude, you need help!"

top topics

join