It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone West Coast Having Severe Nausea Since Fukushima?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

partial meltdown....the word partial makes a huge difference

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
About a week ago I was sick with nausea, vomiting. My wife had it worse and my little 11 month old son was also sick. My sister in law was sick last week also with vomiting. It's a virus going around unrelated to the earthquake or anything caused from it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

doesn't matter if you were conversing with each other about the symptoms...if they are worried about the effects of radiation (it's not even remotely possible yet...if it actually ends up coming this far which is speculative too) their brain can do a fine job of making them feel like # on their own,

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Odd timing to find this thread. I was just wondering if I had caught a stomach virus or something, as I've been feeling quite nauseous the past couple of days. No other symptoms though, feel fine otherwise.

Several of my co-workers have been feeling the same thing, so I thought maybe we had spread something amongst ourselves, but no one has fevers or anything like just, just nausea. Started right around the time of the quakes, so no way would it be radiation. Maybe just different energy levels moving around the Pacific?

Yes, that theory has come up here. I actually would prefer that scenario if it's true. The energies should subside with the aftershocks I should think.

I'm in San Francisco - where are you?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718

doesn't matter if you were conversing with each other about the symptoms...if they are worried about the effects of radiation (it's not even remotely possible yet...if it actually ends up coming this far which is speculative too) their brain can do a fine job of making them feel like # on their own,

I agree. I am a big believer in the placebo effect - and it goes both ways - can make you better or sick.

But if you talk to several people who have been vomiting all night - and with some of them I didn't even mention radiation - they are not ATSer types at all. And when people are sick they're not in the mood to open a discussion like that.

In these circumstances - it can't be psycho-summatic - how do you spell that. still sick :]

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac (RIP DUSTIN)
About a week ago I was sick with nausea, vomiting. My wife had it worse and my little 11 month old son was also sick. My sister in law was sick last week also with vomiting. It's a virus going around unrelated to the earthquake or anything caused from it.

Thanks for the info - maybe that's it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

partial meltdown....the word partial makes a huge difference

Yes, it does. And I think we're all greatful- especially for the locals that it's not worse!

I'm not saying we're blistered and glowing and all of our hair has fallen out. I'm just wondering if the leak - which they are all talking about and the winds which they are all talking about are causing issues over here.

But I don't see thousands of ATSers from the West Coast / Hawaii all posting that they are all flat out too -

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

THANK.YOU.

I've been saying since yesterday morning that soooooo many people were going to get psychosomatic symptoms and perpetuate the fear mongering.

I'd like to state again that there have been NUMEROUS impartial experts who keep saying that the radiation will more than likely not carry as far as everyone thinks it will and that comparisons to Chernobyl in the fallout are inaccurate. Graphite will carry radioactive particles MUCH farther than what will happen should there be fall out from Japan.

Stop thinking about it people, back away from your computer, turn off the news for a few hours, have a drink, listen to some tunes, read a cheery book, go see a movie (preferably not Battle: LA (haha) and you'll see...you'll feel much better

I love your attitude! Refreshing on ATS!

Again - this is just a call out - like a research tool - to see how many other people out there feel as crappy as we do today. It is not meant to be fear mongering.

Since I don't believe everything I'm told in the main media good or bad about what we can't see here. I wanted to call out and see what ATSers could tell me first hand. That's all

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The fear and grief could be bringing the nausea on. I felt very sick yesterday just from reading the info of the earthquake and then seeing all the images of destruction and death.

I am very emotional about it even today.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by quakewatcher
I had a bad bug with vertigo (which is definitely related to the crud in my ears, not anything else) before this all started. Honestly, if radiation can kill respiratory viruses I think I'll go out and catch raindrops on my tongue.

But it does contribute to my general sense of not-rightness in the world to be so off kilter right now.

Maybe you're standing perfectly straight. According to ATS threads the moon is swaying and the earthquake caused the earth to tilt more

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Oh absolutely, it can make you cry while your stomach turns!

But that wouldn't explain all the little kids here who have it - and least 7 below the age of 9 that are flat out and needing pedialite since last night.

But then they could be picking up on anxieties of parents. Although some are not as current events minded - more live to shop types - if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

THANK.YOU.

I've been saying since yesterday morning that soooooo many people were going to get psychosomatic symptoms and perpetuate the fear mongering.

I'd like to state again that there have been NUMEROUS impartial experts who keep saying that the radiation will more than likely not carry as far as everyone thinks it will and that comparisons to Chernobyl in the fallout are inaccurate. Graphite will carry radioactive particles MUCH farther than what will happen should there be fall out from Japan.

Stop thinking about it people, back away from your computer, turn off the news for a few hours, have a drink, listen to some tunes, read a cheery book, go see a movie (preferably not Battle: LA (haha) and you'll see...you'll feel much better

I love your attitude! Refreshing on ATS!

Again - this is just a call out - like a research tool - to see how many other people out there feel as crappy as we do today. It is not meant to be fear mongering.

Since I don't believe everything I'm told in the main media good or bad about what we can't see here. I wanted to call out and see what ATSers could tell me first hand. That's all

Oh, i don't believe everything I hear in the media either...and it goes both ways...I don't believe all of the good that;s said and i don't believe all of the conflicting doom and gloom that gets said either. However what irritates me more than trying and filter through what the media and/or the governments are saying (which i do agree that some things are not adding up biut I don't believe it's to the scale that some people think) is listening to the epic predictions of SEVERE consequences that this will have on all of us when are not weighing both sides of the facts. People want to listen to the worst and get all hyped up and take their iodine and bunker down and all this when we're not even SURE how much radiation is going to drift aross IF ANY. Again, there's been a lot of EXPERTS that yes, are concerned for the people of Japan, who have said that the particles will not likely carry this far and if they do it's very likely we won't have any huge worry.

Whenever I bring this up it gets knocked down again but I'm just saying...if impartial experts (ones not even on news media rather but friends of friends, or independent experts on line) are not that concerned about our well being then I'm sorry I refuse to panic over this yet. Sure, maybe it is better to be safe than sorry but i won't whip myself or my family up into a state of panic so that I can be like everyone else and think of it as some kind of divine intervention when it doesn't happen (not religious at all..no offence to you if you are but i think that would be a HUGE cop out and people ignoring the facts).

If it happens, well #...it happens.

If it doesn't...awesome...life goes on.

Quite frankly I am more concerned with all of these chain natural disasters than nuclear meltdown almost 6,000 miles away

also i don't think this thread is a fear mongering thing...it's as you said...a question. There's other threads that i think are straight out ultimate panic mode "we have to pray for the best right now or we're all screwed, you have three days to get out and waste all your money on evacuating on short notice incase something that might never come happens"
edit on 13-3-2011 by onyx718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Totally agree. In fact, it's been a long time since I've been sick to my stomach - but I do remember now how much it brings everything into perspective. When the wave of nausea hits - you really don't care about anything else. I have little kids - also sick since last night - and it is sooooo much easier to take care of kids when you have their cold than when you have the stomach flu. It takes sheer supernatural force to clean up a sick kid when you are feeling sick yourself. And so, the rest of the world falls away. It's survival of the moment.

And yes, the chain of events is certainly cinematic. And I'm with you - live life to the fullest. If it's not something dramatic, it could also be a bus accident. We never know what life will bring.

I don't even know what I would do if suddenly 50 people posted that they'd all got sick last night too. I don't know if I'd buy iodine. I think probably not.

I do worry that even with all the testing decades ago and the 2 other big accidents, we still don't know a lot about how radioactive material interacts with our atmosphere, bodies and earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
On a positive note, we have all checked what we ate last couple of days and it's so varied that it doesn't seem to be food poisoning.

And the ones that got it first are starting to feel better. Still wobbly. But definitely better. So maybe it was a 12 hour virus that activates within 24 hours of contact - although we didn't all see each other - but whatever, it's something going around.

And it just happened that 27 people I know in the San Francisco Bay Area all got it yesterday late evening or in the middle of the night. The number went up because I just heard from a few more people that my sister knows.

It is weird though. Anyway - glad the waves have stopped! And now I can look after the kids better who still have a few hours to go maybe.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Had a onset of Migraine a week before the event, wasn't anything huge however I normally have migraines before such Earthquakes and didn't really think this was the onset of anything this magnitude.

Got woken up late Friday morning to the news and was feeling pretty nauseas then. May have attributed it to rushing out of bed to getting the figures and what was going on, as the Quake/Tsunami had occurred 6am in the UK time and it was around 10am I was crunching out the figures from the USGS. Since then I've had somewhat of a seasickness sensation, I know the BGS data doesn't show much in the way of P-Waves passing across the British Isles since the 11th, so its more than likely subliminal and too many late nights and long days next to the PC monitor.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Hope you feel better! Have you checked your eyes lately - my husband has had many fewer migraines since he got his new glasses. Sounds silly but worth mentioning if it helps.

Thanks for the info re the nausea - and your location. Could be the energies others have mentioned earlier on this thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
NHK Live TV is saying the have treated 22 towns people who tested positive for radiation.

Poor people!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
NHK Live (on CNN homepage - streaming) keeps saying earthquake is 9.0 - I thought it was downgraded to be 8.9?

And they are expecting more 7.0s maybe because of this new quake

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

On a positive note, we have all checked what we ate last couple of days and it's so varied that it doesn't seem to be food poisoning.

And the ones that got it first are starting to feel better. Still wobbly. But definitely better. So maybe it was a 12 hour virus that activates within 24 hours of contact - although we didn't all see each other - but whatever, it's something going around.

And it just happened that 27 people I know in the San Francisco Bay Area all got it yesterday late evening or in the middle of the night. The number went up because I just heard from a few more people that my sister knows.

It is weird though. Anyway - glad the waves have stopped! And now I can look after the kids better who still have a few hours to go maybe.

i'm thinking a bug. most stomach viruses unless they are severe (or sometimes in the case of kids) don't really have violent symptoms for more than 24 to 48 hours....and it's totally possible to not have a fever with a stomach flu too by the way, I've experienced it

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
West Coast here...close to Bandon, Oregon. No sickness here. Everyone is fine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join