It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO UK, New Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

When americans wake up with a sore head and no memories they often blame alien abductions. In the UK we blame beer,

However this new documentary about the UFO files released by the British MOD reveals many unexplained phenomena from and throughout the UK. The show revisits the 'Welsh Roswell', an alleged alien craft crash near the Berwyn Mountains, from where the Government supposedly secretly removed extraterrestrial bodies. Witnesses heard a huge boom, felt a tremor and saw red and white lights.

DESCRIPTION Are aliens really out there? Find out in the UK premiere of UFO UK: New Evidence on Monday 14 March at 8pm. You've heard tales of little green men from other planets, but these are normally consigned to urban legends and sci-fi fables. However, a dossier of files released by the Ministry of Defence last year proves just how seriously some of these close encounters are taken by the government. Since August 2010, these previously classified 'UFO files' have been in the public domain - and they reveal some startling goings-on in the skies above Britain. There's Winston Churchill's wartime cover-up, the alleged UFO crash in a remote part of Wales and the East Anglian sighting that left police, coastguard and radar operators scratching their heads. Among the many other reports brought to light are the hushed-up camera recording of a UFO over Scotland and the bizarre experience of a Boeing 737 jet pilot flying above Manchester. The files also provide a fascinating insight into how attitudes towards alien visitors have changed over the years, with everything from war to The X Files playing their part in the timeline. But this is more than just a case for Mulder and Scully.

Just thought people may well be interested in seeing this documentary on National Geographic Channel Monday 14th March at 8PM

natgeotv.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up...Def gonna watch it just to see what they have to say...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Should be well worth a watch

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Got it on the planner now.

Thanks for the heads up. Be interesting to say the least.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nice one bud, would have missed this if you didnt post....just set to record

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is a truly fascinating case. I actually saw the meteor it is claimed was the cause of the sighting. From where i Live it was definitely heading in the general direction of Shropshire/Welsh borders, South east to North West where i live in the Midlands.

That said, the testimony of the 2 nurses is damned strange to say the least. I can;t think of another instance where a meteor landing has led to the sort of lights they described. What;s more the idea it was *poacher's lights* they saw on the hillside is wholly stupid. You don't take lights that can be seen over a mile away, when you are poaching, ie breaking the law hunting illegally and poachers, by and large, don't go round in groups of half a dozen.

One possibility is that, it wasn't just a meteorite that crashed by maybe something man made and that it was the army out there on the hills clearing up and collecting the debris before anyone else found it. The bugbear with that explanation would be that. There is nothing in the records to suggest such an operation occurred, it could be still secret however, i do doubt, after all this time, it would still be classified given how the politics of the world have changed.

So, all in all, a bit of a strange one. On the surface, there does seem to be a perfectly prosaic explanation for the occurrence. On the other hand witness testimony, that is pretty consistent and hasn't changed to this day,, suggests it was quite possibly, not just a simple meteor strike.

Couple of vids here to check out..

The second video. Sorry, but it wans;t a meteor *shower* it was a single extremely bright meteor and it was brilliant white and lit the whole sky up through the clouds. I saw it as i was walking home. it just shows that both sides are prone to *force fit* explanations when it suits them.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAMARU
Nice one bud, would have missed this if you didnt post....just set to record

lol, Same here, I've been looking forward to seeing this ever since I first heard about it as well.

Thanks to the OP!

edit on 14-3-2011 by Rising Against because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
bang on top quality
nice one for the heads up
can this be watched online? only got freeview!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Haven't got that channel but will find it on the net somehow if needed. Might be good with it being on national geographic too, so thanks. Am thinking they'll at least try harder to find out what was actually happening.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
bang on top quality
nice one for the heads up
can this be watched online? only got freeview!

Dont know if it will be shown online, always check out www.myp2pforum.eu... that gives you all live tv streaming. I tend to stick with Londoners sports channels

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What did people think of the documentary?

Nothing really new or conclusive came from it, but was an interesting program to watch.
I was hoping it was a series but appears to only be a one of episode.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, would be interested in what others thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
To be honest, I'd rather they has spent more time on the Sheerness report from 1912 where Churchill first became aware of the UFO phenomenon. That would seem to be a truly fascinating case and as an early one, virtually impossible to right off as our own craft.

Overall, not a bad programme, if a little cheesy with all those black briefcases. That said, the Scottish photos, what an absolute joke? The MOD probably destroyed their copies and sent the negatives back to to the Scottish Newspaper that had originally passed them onto the MOD. The Newspaper didn't bother running the pictures. and returned them to the anonymous sender. So, apparently, 6 of the best ever photos taken of a UFO are still out there. The MOD didn't or wouldn't release them and the Newspaper couldn't be bothered, it would seem, to print them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

The sheerness incident is covered in an excellent book by David Clarke, what is interesting is most witness assumed in was a German Zeppelin, however this was proved to not be the case, and no other rational explanation can be found.

I would love to see the Scotland photos, bit odd how Nick Pope had his copies confiscated by his bosses.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Is it online anywhere?

top topics

join