It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Japan gets to be too unstable where would they go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is my firm opinion that the USA should step up and offer the entire nation of Japan a new home, right here in the united states. We have tons of undeveloped land and free open spaces, it could be an excuse to wipe out our debt in entirety to the nation of japan and do a good deed in the process.
As Mr. Obama said we are all one people, the Japanese have a great and honorable history, i for one would be very pleased to have them here.

what do you think?
where should they go?
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

LMAO

It's not that bad there.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
someone else said it, (so, not my idea)...but those chinese ghost cities......not a bad idea, except then china would own their arses

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

when the death toll is tallied and the destruction totaled then i would like you to say that again.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Do you think they just move the country similar to a school? If Japan becomes unstable (which it has been), an mandatory evacuation will be set. First they moved the coast more inland. There is no way to massively move a whole country at once. In other words they are #@%! if another earthquake hits.

Answering your question, the citizens would evacuate any where they please away from major cities. Again, you can't just move whole countries, and if they did it wouldn't be the US. It would be neighboring countries, not the US.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

true, good idea, but Japan is a democratic country and wouldn't go for living in a communist country, it would be unlikely that China would take them in and give them autonomy.
I would say give them the Hawaiian islands since its more like home, but that is also an unstable volcanic island and could repeat what they are going through now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i don't think there would be nearly enough room in hawaii,

maybe for their elites

good thought though

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
weather they take the offer is immaterial and irrelevant, the offer should be made if the time comes. yes i agree that neighboring countries would absorb the population, but at what cost? the loss of a great nation and a great heritage. that is why i thought offering them a place where they could remain intact as a nation and as a people would be the more honorable thing to do.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I would offer sanctuary in my home. Isn't that what this era is supposed to be about? Care and compassion for our fellow man.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Japan has been experiencing earthquakes for thousands of years. The actual word Tsunami is Japanese. Im pretty sure they will live right where they are at.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
They would go to Ashington in Northumberland because Ashington, as is well known, is the centre of the Universe.
When the Council office opens on Monday morning the order will go out: Build 127 Million Council houses - the Japanese are on the way!

We can do anything here in Ashington. That`s why the place is so popular. Especially on Friday nights.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I read somewhere Detroit has a lot of vacant buildings. Maybe they could relocate there and be able to revive the city and give it a new start. It is just a thought.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

Everywhere in the UK is popular friday nights.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

With so many Chinese, living in very cramped quarters, why do you think there are ghost cities?
edit on 13-3-2011 by notsosunny because: typing error

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The disaster took place in the northern part of Japan. At many places they did not even feel the quake.

They will manage, but I think lots of people will go away, if they can.

Brazil has over 2 million Japanese and there is enough room for more.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, there's already a bunch of outlandish responses in this thread, so I might as well add to the party.

If Japan becomes too unstable, my guess is that the people would go into the ocean, LOL!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Ah yes, but we are particularly sociable here in Ashington.

Well the women are anyway

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i posted this thread just to see something about mans inhumanity to man... mixed results so far...

i got into a debate with a friend he stated that mankind is inherently selfish and self centered, i say we are good unless pressed upon by inequities. generosity and hospitality display the goodness of our species.

war and hatred, fear and xenophobia display the "evil" in mankind. guess my question really is which one is stronger?

seems to be balanced mostly

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ultimately, all life is selfish, because when pressed, we choose to help those we most love regardless of how it impacts "others".

That's not to say we're inherently evil, lol. It's just not black and white as you two are trying to make it out to be.

We have inherent potentials that are actualized or not, based on a multitude of environmental factors.

Just take a quick look at Maslov's hierarchy of needs.

Most people who claim to be "good" are really just in line with cultural norms, and ignorant to the wakes of destruction their "good" causes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm sure the U.S. would take them in, I have no problem with it. Africa has some really messed up countries that could use their expetise though and plenty of land available.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join