It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
Well, it`s shaking now...even if just a small one....

It's probably the "calm before the storm"....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
There was just a quick interview on Sky News with a French woman in Tokyo.

She was saying that they are being told that "they" are expecting another earthquake on the same scale of Friday with a probability of 70% within the next 48 hours

Her Embassy is advising them to leave Tokyo asap. but the currently cannot as the roads are jammed full.

I am looking at the progress of the aftershocks moving south. Could it be that if they join up with the rogue QU at the bottom, then the whole area would unzip!, or am I being overly alarmist.

I sincerely hope not. and that I am talking rubbish!

Good luck to them all.

What an absolute nightmare situation.
edit on 13/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

this isn't the interview but it does mention what you've said....

link to The Telegraph news article

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
not sure if this has been brought up yet..if so, sorry i didn't catch it. Has anyone considered that the japanese earthquake could have been affected..maybe even triggered..by an outside source. Before you write me off, i am NOT referring to HAARP. There has been lots of speculation on this site about solar flares possibly triggering earthquakes...and what do i stumble across

March10th, 2011 Major Solar Flare Erupts

or could the gravitational pull of the moon have an affect on the earths crust the same way it does on the tides? reasonable question, considering this

March 19 'Supermoon' May Cause Moonquakes, Scientist Says

If the moon is the culprit, and its not going to reach its closest until the 19th, we may be in for a lot more problems.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
What the USGS isn't showing on that map is the other fault running up from Tokyo out across the Western side of the island where the 6.2/6.6 quakes happened on that side.

Yes, I have noticed that quake too, as well as the other two further southwest on the mainland. That one up northwest is right on the zone line. You know, it's one thing over long periods to see all this historical seismicity and all that. But when things happen all at once like this, the quakes are literally telling us by location and depth what is occurring. So where are the explanations from the geologists? No one wants to commit to anything, other than to say they are predicting a large quake somewhere. Yeah well no duh.

They better start seeing awful fast that something else entirely is happening here. It may take days, weeks, months or years to fully manifest. But it is coming. What I don't know. But those islands, volcanoes and mountains weren't formed by your everyday earthquakes in ones and twos. They were formed from tremendous movements of the plates. And that is where I probably part ways with most that say it happens over millions of years.

Many do, sure. But sometimes I believe, and this is just my own belief, but I believe sometimes entire portions of plates can make major moves all at once, over much shorter periods. How long? I don't know. But if this does occur like I am suggesting, this situation in Japan is just about exactly what we could expect- quakes along the junction zones, right on top of them prior to the thing shifting. Dear God I hope I am wrong.
edit on Mon Mar 14th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I agree. If the worst happens, many parts of Japan, if not the majority, may have to be evacuated. That would be horrible. Hopefully all goes well though, and this doesn't get worse.

Like Edgar Cayce said : The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea.

Lets hope that doesn't hold true.

I didn't know that Edgar Cayce said that about Japan. Also with 300 aftershocks (which are over 6 on the richter scale), I think that we are going to see another large one like what happened on Friday. And did you know that One of Japans volcanoes in the south have erupted.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
Japanese people are the most weirdest people on earth, but they are still humans, I pray for their safety and for the souls of the departed..

.....true, they used to have vending machines selling women's used underwear....and in case if you think I'm lying check out snopes....

www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You know when I was a little boy in school they taught me that Christopher Columbus discovered America...

I was taught that tectonic plates moved very slowly and over the course of many many many many years...

Well apparently both of those were a LIE... cos it wasn't CC who discovered America... it was the Norsemen,The Vikings... and Japan moved 8 feet closer to America, in a spilt second... yeah... so much for that very slowly and over a long period of time BS I was taught...

I'm no expert... but is it really that hard to believe that Japan could sink into the ocean/earth in a matter of minutes? Come on these geological incidents are powerful... very very very powerful...

TrueAmerican... I think your on to something... What your saying and showing us is EXACTLY what I been fearing/thinking since 3-11-11.... Japan is going to have some major map altering events....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is really sad, I hope that everything will be okay, and just imagine how they fell if they cant find there loved ones, there suffering a lot, not only that, food, water, and shelter. R.I.P to all the people that have been killed by the tsuanmi, I will pray for you japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

i feel like the entire world is going to have some map altering events over the next little while. glad i live in north carolina (faaaar away from the coast) where nothing will most likely happen.
edit on 14-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Do you think this has anything to do with the japanese setting up shop in the US

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The cautious advice from Paris warns its nationals to leave the Tokyo area "for a few days" citing possible aftershocks and risks posed by the Fukushima nuclear plant.

Britain has told its citizens that non-essential travel to Tokyo and the north-east should be avoided while damage is assessed.

It does not suggest Britons should leave.

I am trying to fathom the concept of two bold sentences into one define of message toward Britons. First bold seem that they are imply that Britons should leave prompt due to situation in Japan, but in next bold. It doesn't suggest them to do so. Ummm....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by FPB214

I agree. If the worst happens, many parts of Japan, if not the majority, may have to be evacuated. That would be horrible. Hopefully all goes well though, and this doesn't get worse.

Like Edgar Cayce said : The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea.

Lets hope that doesn't hold true.

I didn't know that Edgar Cayce said that about Japan. Also with 300 aftershocks (which are over 6 on the richter scale), I think that we are going to see another large one like what happened on Friday. And did you know that One of Japans volcanoes in the south have erupted.

Cayce said:

Due to the shifting of the Earth's magnetic poles and natural disasters, dramatic changes such as this will occur:

"The Earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we many know it has begun."

[ source here ]

edit on 14-3-2011 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I'd vouch for this as well. Currently I live in Maine and we have more than enough small towns to populate. However, if it ever gets to the point of evacuation, I don't think the Japanese will be coming to our country; after all aren't we on the brink of collapse? Not to mention even it became an option, I'm sure the wealthy would find a way to incorporate them into their agenda of endless greed and corruption. My wishes and prayers go out to Japan. These truly are crazy times we're living in.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

give em north and south Dakota
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

COMPLETEL AND TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They would do nothing but benefit us in every way. Economically, Culturally, Technologically. We are united to them by our histories. I would like to see open arm policy. We need them, they need us. It would redifine the world, and with them as us . . . we would again - and always be a Super Power but in a way that adds to stability for future generations. They would increase us!!!! We should embrace them!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
ITS HAARP GUYS CM'ON WE GOTTA SPREAD THE WORD THEYRE THE PERPETRATORS BEHIND ALL THIS LETS OPEN THIS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

give em north and south Dakota
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

COMPLETEL AND TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They would do nothing but benefit us in every way. Economically, Culturally, Technologically. We are united to them by our histories. I would like to see open arm policy. We need them, they need us. It would redifine the world, and with them as us . . . we would again - and always be a Super Power but in a way that adds to stability for future generations. They would increase us!!!! We should embrace them!!!!!

Think how much space we have up here in Canada!

All the Japanese folks i know around here (western canada) I'm in love with! They are all so kind and my heart goes out to all of their families and friends.

I for one would welcome all of em' with open arms!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

And how exactly have you come to this conclusion?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
2 new 5.0 quakes along fault Here and Here

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Another large aftershock is occurring now, and will show up soon at USGS at about 6:13 UTC. Probably a 5.5 to 5.8. I see all of these, but am just getting tired of posting them.

Watch:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

What is important now is that we watch very carefully their location and depth.

was a 6.1
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I am getting too conservative...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

Good site to watch also.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join