It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

That will hurt tourisim for a while? That's an understatement... The only people wanting to go to Japan right now are the Journalists...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
having technical issues; will resend
edit on 13-3-2011 by Krzyzmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

Originally posted by Project-Sign
Something I posted elsewhere, should be read here too.

All this daft hysteria about Earthquakes, jesus. Some of you guys need to take a look in the mirror. A few weeks ago animals were dying in large numbers, so everyone goes overboard, putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5. This week, it's earthquakes, just because that's the biggest thing that happens to be going on. But some of you just can't help but jump on the hysteria bandwagon. It's not the end of the world, it's not caused by the Sun, or by shifting poles or any other nonsense like that. Just take a rational approach to thinking for 5 minutes and you'll realise this. And guess what, techtonic plate systems are connected.. that means if there's a large earthquake in an area, there are likely to be reactive earthquakes in adjacent areas too. It's normal. It does not spell doom and gloom for the entire world! Idiots!

You sound like one of those people who laughed at Noah and said, "It's just a little rain."

Open your eyes and see the big picture.

Someone laughed at Noah?!?!? How dare they!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

give em north and south Dakota
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

There's plenty of land in every state. We've got national parks that are bigger than all of Japan. How about we welcome them to move wherever they want; integrate directly into our systems. Talk about economy booster.

Detroit could come back online for the auto industry...Toyota, Honda, etc..

Pittsburgh could start pumping out steel again.

Silicon valley would lead in electronics production.

Plus we'd be adding honorable, dedicated, smart, capable millions to our workforce.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

I`m only thinking worse case scenario , there is absolutely no room in the States. I don't mean to volunteer your country, hell I`d chose here in Canada but it's just not practical, the distance would make the logistics in transportingand entire country of people swiftly completely impossible. Chanses are there would be several countriesthe people of Japan could be taken to in a mass evac event
edit on 13-3-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

Yeah fair enough.

Without the distance, Canada would be a good choice for them too.

I mean, yeah for Australia it would be ok and all since there's a lot of unused land, but that's the problem, there's nothing there. So if we could build some more cities (which has been discussed a long time ago to deal with the population issue in Sydney) then it's viable to help them out.

But anyway, I digress - let's just wait and see what happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Tokyo has a liquefaction hazard

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/743d8a0b41e7.jpg[/atsimg]

PDF report on Japan liquefaction

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

The thing your forgetting is once you get more then a few hundred kilometers in from the coast its desert [Australia]. Thats most of out major cites are near the coast

We have plenty of space but no water there. Its like the moon in some parts

edit on 13-3-2011 by phantom150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hey I know if we have to Evacuate the Japanese we can round up all the crooked bankers and leave tham in the fault zone , nahh thatwould be mean

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

Yeah exactly, that's pretty much it. We've got a ton of land, but it's effectively barren - so we could build cities and stuff there, plenty of room, but damn would anyone wanna live there?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Another quake just hit northeast of Japan 15 minutes ago or so. 6.2

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

Places like Australia would only be used as a way station than the people could be disprsed through out the globe. If the entire westran world pulled together and perhaps if Russia and china lended a hand it might be pulled off. But this doesn't fit into the model for the depop agenda, so if the Japan is doomed so are the people lving there.
Quite frankly know one knows whats going to happen there's going to be no worning if Japan is going to be destroy .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

Amen!! Ditto!!!
I would welcome every single one of them. I love them too, always have.
edit on 13-3-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

link   
NewsFirst

1. New tsunami spotted off the coast of Fukushima, according to NHK.

Reported to be 3 meters high.

Oh god.

link   
Hey in the last 11 years look at this.

-1999 Turkey; Quake kills 17,000 ppl

-2003 Iran; Bam; Quake kills 26,000 ppl

-2004 - 2005; South Asian Nations; 9.0 Quake Creates a Tsunami and kills between 235,000 and 285,000 ppl

-2005 South East Asia Pakistan; Quake kills 50,000 ppl

-2010 Haiti; Quake kills 220,000 + ppl

-2010 Chile; 8.8

-2011 New Zealand 6.8

link   
JUST IN
0212: Tsunami feared to reach north-eastern coast "in minutes" - Kyodo.
0210: North-eastern coast on the alert for a 3-metre tsunami - Japan's Jiji news agency.
edit on 13-3-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

You may be able to get a few million into a major cites.(emergency shelters in parks, we have no houses left)

Our deserts are empty, like in the movies there is nothing but sand, rock for hundreds of km.
There is minimal power, 1 road interconnecting towns, water is trucked into these remote locations.

The thing is we are struggling at the moment to keep our supply line sustainable. Australia isn't ready for such a population boom.
We're still recovering from the massive floods a few weeks back.

Best wishes go out to everyone in the affected areas and to relatives.

edit on 13-3-2011 by phantom150 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
216: Grimmer news on the recovery operation in Minamisanriku: about 1,000 bodies found there, according to Kyodo.
0214: Evacuation order issued in the city of Hachinohe in the north-east - Kyodo
0212: Tsunami feared to reach north-eastern coast "in minutes" - Kyodo.
0210: North-eastern coast on the alert for a 3-metre tsunami - Japan's Jiji news agency.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

I've been saying the same thing to my spouse. How is this normal?

So many people and it's not over yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

So that's 9 feet above sea level.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join