It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I guess you will post when they are on the southern subduction zone..I just cant believe all the quakes Japan is getting there are SO many, here in the US would knock buildings down.3- 6.6 and 6.1 in the last 11 hrs and then all the 5. on up........Thanks!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This "Japan Quake Map" shows a POWERFUL, consecutive, visual display of the frequency, magnitude and depth of the initial 9.1 quake and following aftershocks to date. The hammering has been relentless:

Japan Quake Map

edit on 23-3-2011 by kubacs because: Addition

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kubacs
This "Japan Quake Map" shows a POWERFUL visual display of the frequency, magnitude and depth of the initial 9.1 quake and following aftershocks to date. The hammering has been relentless:

Japan Quake Map

Nice. I've been looking for an updated timelapse map.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kubacs

Thanks for this map.

I am reminded of watching fireworks when I watch this map. It is unreal how much these people have had to deal with.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
lol, you guys keep talking about the quake map, and I keep trying to tell you that you are only seeing those quakes above 4.5. It does not represent the full seismicity going on in Japan, and especially not (relative to this thread), in the southern subduction zone.

So in pursuit of better maps that show it all, I wrote to the JMA and received information that led me to find this:

And this is just since 3/16, and doesn't even show the bigger ones we already know about. And it only shows those 3.0 and above. There are even more microquakes going on beyond this! But that is a bit clearer a picture since 3/16.

And there you can see the swarms I was talking about, as well as all the activity directly around the southern subduction zone. It is more active than people know. And so now you know.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
lol, you guys keep talking about the quake map, and I keep trying to tell you that you are only seeing those quakes above 4.5. It does not represent the full seismicity going on in Japan, and especially not (relative to this thread), in the southern subduction zone.

So in pursuit of better maps that show it all, I wrote to the JMA and received information that led me to find this:

And this is just since 3/16, and doesn't even show the bigger ones we already know about. And it only shows those 3.0 and above. There are even more microquakes going on beyond this! But that is a bit clearer a picture since 3/16.

And there you can see the swarms I was talking about, as well as all the activity directly around the southern subduction zone. It is more active than people know. And so now you know.

Really good picture. What I noticed from it was the cluster towards the bottom-middle (where the rings are so dense they form a magenta splotch). That's Mt. Fuji. Looks a lot more active when you see all those smaller quakes--or is that normal behavior even for a volcano?
edit on 24-3-2011 by Noscible because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Did anyone post these video's yet, as they came out after the Japan Quake/Tsunami. This interviews expterts and the ones closely monitoring Cascadia and the plate the size of Ireland under the west coast, that is obviously Mu/Lemuria. And, is going to cause a huge megaquake, from Vancouver, BC, Seattle to Portland, Oregon, and is long overdue.

A woman said, even within the next week she would expect this could happen, and that the result would send a huge tsunami yet again to Japan.

A little too close to home for me and alarming.

Countdown To Catastrophe Mega Quake Japan and Beyond Part 1 Of 4 [HQ]

The other parts are on youtube on the channel.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is this quake along the fault in question?

If so how does this impact, if at all, the outlook for Japan?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Is this quake along the fault in question?

No it's not Just paste the coords (37.01, 139.34) into GE and you will see where it is
edit on 25-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, and in looking more closely I see that the depth makes it likely to be along the subduction fault though pretty far down.

I just noticed that it was well east of most of the aftershocks and thought it might be along the other fault line.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Now another development. There are 3 large quakes occurring in a line further inland, indicating (to me) that there is more major stress being released under the mainland. If this was not happening, one would expect the stronger quakes to remain closer to the original fracture zone, with the smaller quakes happening on the edges of the activity. I mean look at this:

I mean is it just my uncaged imagination going wild again, or is Tokyo next in line?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
TA....do you think the 6.0 Shizuoka quake on 3/15 may fit into this, too? The JMA map you posted with the micro quakes places this whole area active. Isn't this part of the Tokai Region, where the Japanese have been expecting and preparing for a larger, overdue (Tokai Quake) and the northern end of the southern subduction zone along the coast you were talking about? Shizuoka is only about 73 miles SW of Tokyo.

Major earthquakes like the Sendai M9.1 earthquake, create massive stress transfer and may inadvertantly trigger other earthquakes on other faults or volcanoes. This may be the case in Japan this time.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kubacs

Yes, that's what this thread is about. Tokyo is being spared for the moment. And that is perhaps one of the more perplexing mysteries of this. The bigger quakes seem to be striking everywhere except Tokyo. Hopefully, the activity will die down before the southern zone is fully activated. And it is dying down. That still does not change my position on the issue. I think Tokyo ought to be evacuated. Period.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A 6.3 hit off the coast of eastern Honshu this am, followed by a 5.3 in the SW Ryukyu Islands. Less than 10 mns apart. Below are links to both USGS Maps. Looks like the epicenter of the 6.3 was closer to Tokyo than the last couple of larger quakes to the north. The 5.3 in the Ryukyu's seems to be sitting on a Plate Line. Couldn't grab the images in time to show the red boxes, but you'll find them!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Some more activity heading south towards that junction perhaps?

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 5.3
Date-Time Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 12:51:38 UTC
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 09:51:38 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.387°N, 141.029°E
Depth 26.2 km (16.3 miles)
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances 119 km (73 miles) SSE of Mito, Honshu, Japan
120 km (74 miles) ESE of TOKYO, Japan
127 km (78 miles) E of Yokohama, Honshu, Japan
165 km (102 miles) SE of Utsunomiya, Honshu, Japan

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hmm, well a few quakes of note have occurred now in northern Japan. And the latest one of them appears to be right on the subduction zone line:

www.jma.go.jp...

If the pattern continues of "once the quake jumps the zone line, another bigger one occurs opposite it on the other side of the line," then northern Japan may now be at risk for a larger one.

The other quake that critically plays into this is here:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

That gives us the two needed to provide the warning, based upon this pretty consistent pattern I have observed throughout the sequence. We had that one, and now the new one on the zone line.

The plates on the southern subduction zone may have indeed settled, as I mentioned before. There may be no further adjustment needed, and let's hope so for Japan's sakes. It looks like northern Japan is in the crosshairs now. Hard to say.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I think Tokyo ought to be evacuated. Period.

That may have to happen anyway... as this radiation issue escalates

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I notice how our news in the USA isn't talking about the radioactivity coming our way, as usual they will use the no panic issue as their excuse.

There are so many that need to be fired from the different governments because of their lies.

As I see it this is just the beginning!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, some more developments- remember my hunch a while back of where a quake could occur near the triple juncture?

I posted this pic with it circled in red, concerned that a bigger quake there might be imminent:

Well now another has occurred there right in the circle, circled here in red, and getting closer to the triple juncture, along with two other quakes circled in black:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

That activity I don't like- it seems to be creeping up on that juncture. It may mean nothing. I just don't see any good in it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Note: for all following this thread, you may want to view this excellent Nova production:

www.pbs.org...

It appears I am not the only one concerned with the southern subduction zone rupturing. In this very video one geologist says "And all eyes are on this area," or something similar, talking about their concern for Tokyo and the great Tokai quake they are expecting right on this very zone. With each quake that occurs near that zone, they also fear it could trigger the rupturing of this fault, and this Nova production makes that quite clear.

While I know in this thread I have gotten a bit out there, my concern is not entirely unfounded. Professionals know what this could potentially mean too for Tokyo. So again I question the JMA's apparent lack of connecting the dots. If they were, there would be something about it on their prediction page for the quake.

But nope:

Current Information

Notes
No information is in effect at present.

No anomalous crustal activity in relation to the occurrence of the Tokai Earthquake is currently observed.

www.jma.go.jp...

Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join