It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Looks like the quakes are moving north. This latest one was a 4.7-

USGS
edit on 14-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Heart-war ming Twitter updates from Japan... worth the read

Slightly off-topic but I feel like people around the world need to know what's on the minds of the Japanese people at this time. Mods/members please feel free to move/paste this to an appropriate thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Here is a map showing all the plates around Japan, just zoom into the Japan area.
hisz.rsoe.hu...#

At this moment there is one in Turkey, China, and off the coast of Japan going off. The other areas don't have high numbers of events near them like Japan.
edit on 14-3-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

The quakes are all over the place, but yeah- the quake you circled is again preceded by what? The other one directly opposite it on the right side of the zone- what I have been pointing out now since I noticed this pattern many days ago.

There is clear evidence that the entire zone is unstable.

Maybe there are events that are so large that few if any live to tell about it. The earthquake alone from such an event could be unprecedented.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
another quake going off just now at the other side of the fault line on the pacific plate.
mag=4.7
dept=2km

link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thank you SO much OP for posting ........I know people who have family in Japan and just called them to tell them to get OUT of there NOW!....They already wanted them to come to the US for a few months because of the nuclear stuff ,now all this, shes calling them now....Omg this is all so horrible..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Been reading the thread and am quite literally amazed! Thank you all who have contributed updating data to this post

***My thoughts are***: With the quakes becoming more frequent I worry about the New Madrid.....With all of our *AID* going overseas to help in Japan, doesnt that set us up for failure if New Madrid went off??? Where will our help be? Overseas?

Watching news now and they also appear to be getting a little curious maybe frightful about the rise and frequency of quakes in the area......

Healing energies sent to the People of Japan......***Thoughts can manifest....Lets visualize nuclear reactors cooling off successfully and danger averted ***

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
Thank you SO much OP for posting ........I know people who have family in Japan and just called them to tell them to get OUT of there NOW!....They already wanted them to come to the US for a few months because of the nuclear stuff ,now all this, shes calling them now....Omg this is all so horrible..

I can't really blame anyone living in Japan for wanting to leave for a while to see how this pans out, especially if they are located in the Tokyo area.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Since I don't want to start a thread all I want to say is this is being observed closely

www.youtube.com...

PS ............. Keep you eyes to the skies

edit on 14-3-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
reply to post by CaDreamer

Utah is pretty much empty except for Mormons, we could let them have Utah, lol.

I would totally say give 'em Wyoming, which is bigger than Germany and has a population smaller than the population of greater Cleveland...but then if Yellowstone errupts...damn earth...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What if the Planet x is pulling the plate towards it. Thats why there are so many ruptures. What is worrying, is when the ruptures stop, that is because the force will build up and it will pop again.

It is either that or HARRP zoning in on different points all over the place trying to pop off another major earthquake.

Or, this has nothing to do with 2012 or any of the predictions from every culture forewarning of these major earthquakes.

Or..... these earthquakes are being shown on TV news like a movie. Therefore, it is no different than normal, its just the media are hyping it up.

Damn this society full of lies, we need a government working for the people, with scientists who tell the truth. This world is hidden in lies.

Damn all this reminds me of the kingdom of sodom. Check out my youtube video " search "Kesha Blow Kingdom of Sodom" in youtube It seems like Kesha (Main Mainstream Media) was being used to give us a message. You know, like all the skulls on tshirts all over the place.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reports of nuclear meltdown in progress

Meltdown is very likely started in three of six nuclear power plants in Fukushima Daiich

- A reactor may have already melted, said a spokesman from the Japanese government, according to Kyodo news agency

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-3-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This got me thinking. There is some evidence that in certain times in history, massive change can happen in short amounts of time. There are mountains that used to be in the sea, and evidence that it happened in a short amount of time.

Anyway, is it possible that Japan could be geologically destabilizing or the island could be sinking?
edit on 14-3-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't think there will be anymore catastrophe more then some more
aftershocks.

Japan is not going to drop off in the ocean..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hasn't Japan sunk 2 feet already.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

give em north and south Dakota
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

if you love them, why dakota?

I vote that we give them Texas. If they have to move anywhere they HAVE to have a coastline -- land-locking the Japanese is like putting a bird in a cage.

Though a mountainous region would also be a better fit. ANY red state would be OK with me, because the Japanese would not need as much Federal aide. The culture of the planet cannot bare to lose BOTH New Orleans and Tokyo and leave something like Dallas Texas with it's all hat and no cattle oil baron culture.

>> As long as we are into nation-building and stealing resources for flimsy reasons, however, maybe we should just BUY Paraguay. It has some nice coasts, it's the MOST STABLE region around, both for earthquakes and reliable fresh water. It was willing to sell a lot of land to George Bush -- and the one thing I trust from that scum bag is a sense of self-preservation.

The Paraguans would inherit a great economy and technology with the Japanese. But please, anyone from Paraguay speak up if you wouldn't want to ADOPT an entire country. In my mind, it would be kind of cool, but I'm not someone who has a very "us and them" concept of the USA -- I find that anyone dying in the streets of Iraq is just as important as anyone dying next door to me. But, I'm kind of over the whole "patriotism" and rooting for the USA in the olympics as if I had any more in common with the athletes who are backed by GM in New York or GM in Paris.

>> I just don't think the customary "bake sale and send them blankets" donations in the USA are going to be enough to solve this problem -- temporarily, everyone might be fine moving to higher ground and be fine (as long as they do it BEFORE some 20 minute tsunami warning), but if a few reactors blow -- and an even BIGGER tsunami hits that could produce 200 foot tall waves -- it's a good bet that MORE reactors would go critical. That's the thing about nuclear energy -- it's MAYBE a good idea if you don't expect disasters -- but NOT expecting disasters, is kind of wishful thinking if you pay any attention to history or geology.

Japan might have a NEW coast line, or have down-wind radioactive zones that are unlivable. In a Worst-case scenario -- maybe half the main island uninhabitable? It's scary to think that way -- and just speculation. But the BEST thing that can come out of this, is a good knock upside the head of our collective unconscious; we've got to quit playing around with disaster preparedness and cutting budgets for disaster relief and response. We've got to quit listening to corporate hacks who promote nuclear power -- it's the most damn expensive form of energy yet conceived because NO COMPANIES are investing in it without dumping the risks on taxpayers -- nor insuring it -- without governments there IS NO NUCLEAR POWER. So those fans of the "free market" should at least notice that.

For Japan, a "big earthquake" is not a what if -- it's a "when." They have some of the best building standards in the world -- and you'd think, be the most nervous about nuclear fallout. So any other nation that has a coastline city or nuclear plants on fault lines -- TAKE NOTICE.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
Japan is curse, someone said its like Japan is the first place to experience the 2012 effects....they might be on to something.
edit on 13-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)
thats interesting because i have been thinking ever since this whole japan tragedy got under way what if 2012 is the END of the changes to the earth and not the BEGINNING? most people believe that when december 2012 rolls around that the earth will start the process but what if its the other way around and this is the start of a rough 2 years for mother earth ending in 2012?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
another...

Magnitude 5.1
Date-Time Monday, March 14, 2011 at 14:22:39 UTC
Monday, March 14, 2011 at 11:22:39 PM at epicenter

Location 36.237°N, 141.663°E
Depth 33.1 km (20.6 miles)
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances 107 km (66 miles) E (97°) from Mito, Honshu, Japan
115 km (71 miles) SE (143°) from Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
183 km (114 miles) ENE (69°) from TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 16.2 km (10.1 miles); depth +/- 3.2 km (2.0 miles)
Parameters NST=198, Nph=199, Dmin=312.8 km, Rmss=0.59 sec, Gp=119°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=9
Source U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Event ID usc00022pf

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
[moI think that the government over there is holding alot of information from the people. maybe it is a population control scheme? im gunna keep a close watch on this thats for sure

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Another one just occured ;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90a503f7df81.png[/atsimg]

earthquake.usgs.gov...

They just keep coming and they're all over the place..

...it's more than likely there will be another huge one before or around the full moon ,

since the place is still heavily active with quakes..

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join