It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by zorgon

Yes PLEASE take the HAARP stuff elsewhere folks. I am not interested, and this thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

I would think this would be the perfect place for the contemplation of HAARP's hiddent technology. Besides, it doesn't make it gospel just because YOU say something. Prove that it wasn't HAARP. No one can prove it was......but your case is just as good as theirs...you can't prove it wasn't HAARP.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Well, this is merely a monitoring of all seismic activity and what can amount from it.

I think the HAARP conspiracy should be spared for another, separate thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

I agree with you Shadowland8!

Phenomium :
I enjoy reading about HAARP just as much as the next person... I in fact believe it has super weapon capabilities... But it is true... this is a thread for seismic activity and the OP has stated he does not want to bring HAARP into this discussion... So in order to stay on topic HAARP must remain out of discussion...

There are many threads out there concerning HAARP, why don't you contribute to one of those

-thanks!
edit on 3/14/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redhead6971
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I know one thing, I have been monitoring the USGS Earthquake Hazard site for the better part of 10 years and I have never, ever seen a swarm the likes of this. Not China, Chile, New Zealand, Haiti, Iran even the Aleutians which is always active, along the coast of Southern California, nothing like this, ever. Just the amount and scale of the aftershocks, I think is unusual.

I agree with you. As an earthquake sensitive, I've been keeping track of world EQ's the past 20 years. This event is truly remarkable, as it has produced so many aftershocks in a short amount of time over a large area. The earthquake itself was very unusual, for if I am correct, approx 200km of the fault line 'popped up'. Which explained why the EQ lasted 5 minutes long and why the size of the tsunami was so great.
The Alaskan Coast thru Northern Mexico coast is the next area, I believe, to experience a significant EQ.
As we approach the next full moon of March 19th, watch for more EQ activity.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Well, aren't we just the earthquake prima donna. geez. Just trying to help. Park your ego at the door, Chuck.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

No the point is, you can't get information faster than it's coming directly off the stations. And that is what you get when you use GEE. The danger is in the interpretation of the data, as I recently found out in the Yellowstone situation. But basically, I claim extenuating circumstances. And they were. But fine whatever.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
I think the HAARP conspiracy should be spared for another, separate thread.

Hehehe

HT = Harmonic Tremor = Resonance = Scalar waves = H... errr for that other tread

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
HT = Harmonic Tremor = Resonance = Scalar waves = H... errr for that other tread

The two have nothing to do with each other. Harmonic tremor is caused by rushing magma, gas or water resonating cavity walls. It is specific to volcanoes. The premise with HAARP is that they can cause resonance in the earth at a fault structure to cause a quake. But I thought you knew this, zorgon.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
But I thought you knew this, zorgon.

Humor... for the Haarpies...

So since your last prediction came true, will you write a paper to the Japanese to save lives for this event? They might listen

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aslpride

The cautious advice from Paris warns its nationals to leave the Tokyo area "for a few days" citing possible aftershocks and risks posed by the Fukushima nuclear plant.

Britain has told its citizens that non-essential travel to Tokyo and the north-east should be avoided while damage is assessed.

It does not suggest Britons should leave.

I am trying to fathom the concept of two bold sentences into one define of message toward Britons. First bold seem that they are imply that Britons should leave prompt due to situation in Japan, but in next bold. It doesn't suggest them to do so. Ummm....

Paris is in France not Britain....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Authorities don't listen to nutters. But I thought you knew this, zorgon.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Here's the latest quake, again, happening on a new part of the zone that had previously shown no activity in this sequence:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Just happened. Compare that to the post map in the OP. It's not there, and it just further keeps supporting the idea that the zone could tear. The quakes are clearly spreading to the zone juncture. It's too bad it takes a nutter to see it.

edit on Mon Mar 14th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

give em north and south Dakota
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

A better idea! Why give them 2 states? Let's evacuate them and let them choose where they want to live. Although we should warn them of out earthquake states. But seriously let them choose where they wanna live.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ok, here's what I believe is possible that could happen, given what we are seeing here:

The Pacific plate, given that it is subducting under both other plates, decides to make a major push, all at once, even further under the other plates. Depending on the severity of this, and how far it moves under, this will no doubt cause a major catastrophe much bigger than what we have already seen.

1) Let's take a low movement scenario. Even in this case, a move of the plate all up and down that zone will at minimum cause a major tsunami. There is no low case in the event of a major plate move.

2) But what is really terrifying to me is if it decides to move like really far under at once. What if it moved like a full kilometer or more underneath the others at once, over a linear distance of thousands of km? Impossible? Well, this is the kind of movement that creates mountains. I'll leave it up to you to decide what the ramifications of THAT are, but you won't have to look too hard no matter where you are to see mountains.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I lived in Akasaka, a couple times, just down the hill from Roppongi crossing. Very good times
...aaah the early 90s, all those thigh high stockings

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I have been a long time student of the Bible and it is interesting that Daniel 11:44 says that "that there will be reports that will disturb him, out of the sunrising and out of the north," this refers to the "king of the North". The "king of the North" in the Bible has had a chaning place but refers to a power in opposition ot " the king of the South". The country of Japan has long been called "the land of the Rising Sun". I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is the meaning but isn't this interesting? I have wondered at it for many years. Along with the events that are predicted because of this mystifying heavenly body that is approaching, it seems very much to fill a picture. Also I just saw on the news that a Russian official is visiting North Korea. If you read on it says that"he"the "King of the North" will go forth in a great rage in order to devote many to destruction". I don't know but with all the plans that seem to be fomeniting in this time by the elite it could tie into either a war or this global population reduction plan. I am sorry if this is depressing but the Bible does show that the human race will go through a terrible time in Daniel 12:1. "and there will cerainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time." I hate to think of the suffering that the Japanese people are going through. I have, in my life, almost starved to death and lived for prolonged time in freezing temperatures with no heat. The most important thing we will all need in the days ahead is a hope that things we are awaiting a rescue. The bigger situation is and has always been out of our hands but we can hope in something greater than ourselves. Especially when it has been predicted for over 2,000 years in the Bible It is frustrating for many now who are aware but it is only a short time till many things will become undeniable. It is most important to do what we can to help one another and to cope with changing circumstances. I am sure any decent person will do all that they can to help each other out but it is good to know that there is a hope bigger than the calamity that we can see coming.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
And to be more specific, Fold Mountains:

Fold Mountains: Fold mountains are the most common type of mountains. Examples of fold mountains are the Himalayas (Asia), the Alps (Europe). They are formed due to collision of two plates, causing folding of the Earth's crust. The fold that descends on both sides is called anticline; whereas, the fold that ascends from a common low point (on both sides) is called syncline.

www.buzzle.com...

So really the question is whether there exists geological evidence for this to happen so quickly. I'd say a country moving 8 feet in 3 to 5 minutes is enough geologic evidence for me. We just saw it happen. So argue that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hard to read all them dots on the map when taken as a whole. Some are 66km below surface and some are 2km or very near the sea floor. Also the fault line on the map is where they meet at the sea floor, the two plates contact continues westerly to a depth where the subducted plate becomes molten. The top plate, ie Japan, moved 8 feet east I remember reading but not sure if it was suddenly or over many days, either way that is many square km of contact zone. The site of the main quake was about 66 km due east of mainland and the deepest tremors are 66 km down so that leaves a nice third side of the triangle of 66 km of subductive contact zone times the length of the fault line in the tremor area of roughly 400 km for an overall area of 24600 sq km of contact area. This is assuming the contact area is a straight line as it goes from the seafloor fault line to its final depth. Add in 20% deviation to this line and there is roughly 30,000 sq km of surface area in contact in this highly active tremor zone. That leaves a lot of hiding places where that 8 foot movement of Japan got hung up causing energy to be stored up waiting for release in the form of all these tremors. With Japan's movement east 8 ft, the plate that moved likely relieved any presure on the other plates around it, so not likely to see quakes around them fault lines, and that is bearing out so far.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the pacific plate (probably ain't got the right plate...was pushed under the plate that Japan was sitting on, in which case, I don't see japan sinking...
by what I understand, the pacific ocean shrunk a tad...and well, will probably shrink more...

I could be wrong....
any one know where there is a good map of the plates and the fault lines world wide, I want to check out the state of those lovely dorment volcanoes that surround me.....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

any one know where there is a good map of the plates and the fault lines world wide, I want to check out the state of those lovely dorment volcanoes that surround me.....

Here's an image. Hope it helps to give a visual on what is going on under the water

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba074065ca24.gif[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join