It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Degrees/ Friend Finder and the NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Six degrees of separation (also referred to as the "Human Web") refers to the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away from any other person on Earth, so that a chain of, "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps or fewer.

Bear with me....I think this is HUGE.

I was on FACEBOOK and fooling around with the FRIEND FINDER feature.
I am still locating and adding countless friends I did not know were even on FACEBOOK.
FACEBOOK was able to find the friends for me using the number of friends we had in common.
More friends in common, more likelihood I knew this person.
If I had the time I could go through this (apparently never ending ) list (since I had not reached the end of it after trying for 2 days) and friend everyone who had a friend in common, eventually I will hit almost everyone there is to friend.

Looking at this amazing feature, I realize it is only a matter of time....
I don't even think I can use YEARS to say how little time, time better measured in MONTHS before...I don't know 16, 18, 24 months...before we all know each other.
We (a huge chunk of the planet) will move and act as one. This is the New World Order and we are in a count down right now. It is the FRIEND FINDER!
And that ticker is ticking. Rulers, governments, "the powers that be" are maneuvering into control positions to try and steer the outcome of this inevitable event more in their favor. They are practicing and planning for serious "damage control."

It will be a tsunami of humanity.
Inevitable and soon.

This 6 degree connection IS the New World Order

When the number of people connected, simpatico and acting as one, reach a tipping point... EITHER GREAT or WICKED things can be accomplished. We will soon see if we are more great or more wicked.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Except the people that still use Myspace.....oh wait My______

I'm sure Facebook is good for the government to keep wraps on everyone but not to form them into the NWO, only the elite can be in the NWO. Everyone else are lap dogs.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

What is MYSPACE?
Sounds a little too 'Bonfire of the Vanities' to me. Kidding!

Thanks for your reply but respectfully, I think you are wrong. FACEBOOK continues to take on a life of it's own and grows like an out of control cancer, but in a good way. I think it might even be shut down if a dangerous point were reached. Governments could/will get nervous. For now....we all act nice and friendly, next we will be flash mobbing DC.
Myspace is a personal page for people to showcase themselves whereas FACEBOOK is a movement, a vortex you get sucked into and then you grab a friend and suck them in too...Just watch.
edit on 13-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Interesting insight, but I think it's possibly erroneous (that we will soon all "know each other"). You've stumbled upon a fascinating phenomenon here, which I study a little bit.

For one thing, there's Dunbar's Number. Dunbar's research puts an upper bound on the amount of genuine social relationships which one can maintain (for reasons of time, for one). Wiki it tio learn more. Secondly I think you're making the mistake of extrapolating on valid reasoning in a certain static environment to the more dynamic environment of a complex network (social ties). Society and people's social networks are not static entities but interact with each other with strange, nonintuitive results.

The "six degrees" phenomenon is very interesting. It's due to a topological/mathematical quirk in the particular type of network created by human interactions (ie social networks). Social networks form what's called "scale-free networks". The characteristic of these networks is this: some people are "friends" with a great many people, while most of us are friends with relatively few people. These persons with a great many friends link disparate groups. I won't get any more into it than that, but the characteristics of social networks throw up strange results. for instance, it turns out if you're out of work, your loose acquaintances are more useful to you in finding you a job than your close friends (Grannovater's research, the reason is because you and your close friends tend to cluster in the social graph and know the same people, wheras your looser acquaintances inhabit other social clusters comprised of people (including bosses) who you don't know ). A related, strange phenomenon is the "Friendship Paradox": the fact that your friends, on average, have more friends than you do.

Online social networks follow largely the same dynamics as offline social networks(as has been measured). although they doubtless change some parameters, such as Dunbar's metric of maximum viable social ties. Also, the particular network -types that i'm talking about here are found throughout nature, in biology, astronomy etc. etc. Google "scale free networks" for more info if you're interested. (I'm a computer researcher and study online social network topologies/user interactions etc.)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I just erased my facebook account today. It's a silly thing, that I dont need.

There are plenty of people without a facebook page, but I agree with you to an extent. There is a vast amount of people on facebook, and I could see where it would seem like "everyone" will eventually be connected.

There are, however, too many variables for that to actually occur.

Personally, Im tired of ex's being able to track me down...its a little creepy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think it's interesting - six degrees just means one thing::

Does this mean "it's all relative"?

Imagine finding out you're related to the "Elites" by two second cousins once removed through marriage?

Kinda takes the "us versus them" out of the equation, yes?

(* and you gotta love the guy's outfit towards the end of the vid....YOW!
)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
All it does it just link you to people on friend lists of your friends. It isn't some grand conspiracy, it is just bringing it out into the open. How many times have you met someone and realized they are connected to someone else you know? Happened to me. And with FB it is a great way to see if a new girl you are dating knows anyone related to the last one.

Brilliant.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
All it does it just link you to people on friend lists of your friends. It isn't some grand conspiracy, it is just bringing it out into the open. How many times have you met someone and realized they are connected to someone else you know? Happened to me. And with FB it is a great way to see if a new girl you are dating knows anyone related to the last one.

Brilliant.

Hi there boncho. Thanks for your reply. I do not think this is anything like a conspiracy.
It will be a conspiracy buster. I think this is more like an evolutionary movement, a force of nature.

Something that may very well be inherently good.
As good (or as bad) collectively as people really are.
But you know...I am with Anne Frank on this question.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
I just erased my facebook account today. It's a silly thing, that I dont need.

There are plenty of people without a facebook page, but I agree with you to an extent. There is a vast amount of people on facebook, and I could see where it would seem like "everyone" will eventually be connected.

There are, however, too many variables for that to actually occur.

Personally, Im tired of ex's being able to track me down...its a little creepy.

It is a little creepy InertiaZero. Thanks for responding. I noticed so many people that I knew who never in a million would have a FB page and yet they do.
"Feelings" and ideologies have their own facebook page.
They have "groups" of like minded people who all agree with one statement. Eventually every variable will be demolished. I can not communicate with people whose language I do not know for example but there will be a mass of translations and so I will be able to friend everyone that thinks as I do.

If you leave tomato juice, or vinegar alone and just let it set it eventually will gather inside a thick mass, a gel that clumps together and leaves a more watery substance swirling around it. It is called a "mother."

We are, humanity is, forming a "mother."
edit on 13-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Thank you very much! I loved the video.
When I first saw the post without listening to the video I thought "oh great - a Mason" lol

His outfit was exceedingly strange and off the beaten fashion path to be sure. Don't we just love a maverick! I know I do...real ones anyhoo.

Thank you for responding General Eyes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gghhgghh

Thank you for an incredibly well informed and presented reply. I suppose those factors all play into the end game. InertiaZero mentioned these variable you illustrate so thoroughly here.
I think geography and language differences HAVE to hinder rapid uninterrupted growth, but no matter how you cut it - when additions and growth is measured exponentially there is a point where you have clumps of majority that will overlap.

This is a little like the National debt clock. It is moving faster than people are being born.

When you can communicate with hundreds of friends in a single keystroke it dramatically cuts down the time it takes to form and "maintain" friendships. There may one correspondence or none beyond the initial "acceptance" and that is enough to constitute and maintain a friend.
I also do not think people are in a habit of going through lists and removing friends. I think liking the higher numbers, most (employers etc excepted) will not remove friends, only add them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Regarding the "mother" formation mentioned in the post above...we are organic after all and it is no surprise that we might collectively behave organically as well. We are congealing in places and will clump up in significant and substantial groups. We will need no other intervention to take our freedom back from where ever it has gone hiding because the sheer numbers of people involved in that "correction" will be unstoppable.

I think there is hope for us after all...even without ET.

new topics

top topics

join