It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Symbol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Saw this in one of my favorite movies. Predator 2.

Screen shots of what appears to be an Illuminati Eye on 'agent Peter Keyes' tie:

Enlarged

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Any symbol can be considered Illuminatus if interpreted the right way.

Nice tie though.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

yea it is a nice tie...wait a minute your avatar seems familiar..it looks like the twin towers in peter keyes tie in the middle..
edit on 13-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Reminds me of the old AOL logo.

Seems pretty Illuminatic.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This one is strange out of Terminator 2

Heres a few more:

Matrix 1

Trading places

edit on 01/14/2011 by MagickWithoutTears because: To add a few more

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MagickWithoutTears

Yea that's a strange coincidence..CAUTION..but I guess in retrospect it looks weird.

Here in the Simpsons look at the comic book.

edit on 13-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Uh oh, you're on to me!

Seriously though, I've been studying symbolism for quite some time....two decades or so - can't say I'm really all that keen on adopting other peoples interpretations and associations with said images.

After all, a symbol is a mutable thing - what matters most is how the observer interprets it.

In some elements of society, it might be a "power tie".

In a movie, it might just be a visual metaphor for the above (i.e. in reference to the characters role).

Pyramid symbolism in movies/art and so forth have a very interesting history, though it's usage and perceived intent varies from person to person, group to group.

I still think it's a nice tie. Good color, simple design. Nothing flashy. Simple, business-like.

Conversely:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Looks like a slow, dial-up internet connection to me

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

All fine and good, but the Bavarian Illuminati never actually used an all-seeing-eye atop an unfinished pyramid as a symbol. The myth that the reverse of the US Great Seal, as seen on the back of the dollar bill, was an Illuminati symbol, was started by William Guy Carr in his 1956 book Pawns in the Game. As far as anyone has been able to determine, he made it up. He sites no sources, and none of the conspiracy authors in the years between 1776 when the Illuminati was formed and 1956 when he wrote that book EVER made any reference to such a symbol in connection with the Illuminati.

So it's all a big lie.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

So why is the symbol so pervasive, why is it everywhere..why isnt any other cool symbol seen all over, placed inconspicuously.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So why is the symbol so pervasive, why is it everywhere..why isnt any other cool symbol seen all over, placed inconspicuously.
Because you're looking for it?

No, honestly, my personal opinion is that the association, again first made by Carr in the 50s, has been taken as gospel by a number of conspiracy authors ever since. Even Shea & Wilson's Illuminatus! Trilogy from the mid-70's had a bit about it. Though, to be fair, Shea & Wilson took every kook conspiracy theory they could find and tossed them in a blender to write their novel. Yet even today people take their fictions as truth. You'd be surprised how many people's heartfelt beliefs are based on novels...

And, of course, then it became trendy. It was an in-joke. You want to make a veiled references to TPTB, you toss in a pyramid with an eye and you're golden.

Pop culture. Not fact.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't know . . . think about how you'd design a company logo or a sport team's insignia. Triangles and circles are pretty basic and easy to incorporate. Doesn't mean you're an arch-villain either. Speaking of arch-villain's, this is fun:

In cases like this, I feel like a clever animator is the most likely culprit.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

I've never seen that "expose into how the evil illuminati is brainwashing your kids but really we're the ones doing it through these insidious videos" before....

I loved "Despicable Me"...laughed and shot milk out my nose.

This expose, however just makes me shake my head at it's blatant indoctrination into a Satanic mentality.

(Not LeVeyan Satanism, mind you - but rather, the kind that seeks only to destroy and discredit anything it did not create, as retribution for it's inherent jealousy and lust for power of the minds of men.)

It continues to amaze me how much "Illuminati Expose Propaganda" actually introduces more darkness into the mind than anything I've ever encountered by what I personally consider Illuminatus..

Why would anyone be so possessed to show everyone the "evil and sinister" in something as fun as childrens films? Kids don't know about half this stuff until someone teaches them to FEAR IT and that it's BAD and EVIL.

Oi. Wow. Really? That seems rather...um, cultish to me.

It really makes you wonder who's really running the "Evil Agenda", doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yup. Its hillarious how much things i've read about in books by r.a.w and writers like that that I later see people talking about online as if they are fact.

new topics

top topics

join