It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I woke up this morning...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Before I mention this, I want to state emphatically that I am by no means a believer in religion, sooth-sayers, psychics and a few other things. But I had an experience so real this morning that I am almost embarrassed to post it here but I gotta do it anyway.

You know that state between waking and dreaming? Sometimes you feel so awake that you actually know that you can reach out and touch things? Yet the slightest movement on your part reveals that it is indeed a dream? (Hope I'm not the only one that experiences that, otherwise, I truly am nuts...lol)

So, this morning I'm in bed and in this dream state when it occurs to me that New Zealand has had another Quake on a scale of 8.2 exactly. I just know that when I turn on my computer that I am going to see this all over the news so it's not even surprising to me. Just a fact like it has already happened. I woke up, grabbed a coffee and went to my computer to check the damage. Nothing? I was truly shocked as I am now fully awake and absolutely sure there was a quake in NZ.

I guess my question is this: Anyone else having an increase in these waking/dream states? And if so, what are you experiencing? I used to have these when I was younger and they were usually about something normal like a bag of money or even a beautiful naked girl in my bed.

Lately, they seem to be about current events and without going into any detail, some of these events have proven to be true. Not the Japan Quake tho. Just watching the seismic activity before the event was enough to see that one coming.

Maybe I'm logging into ATS too often for my mental stability? lol

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I do not think you are crazy - there seems to be a heightened consciousness in the world right now. My friend Roger teaches people how to remote view and some of the things people see speak to a 'between' world. I generally do not remember my dreams, but there have been some variables in the continuity of my waking state. There seems to be more than meets the eye.

I used to think good science had the solutions, but now i question even if there is such a thing as good science. There seems to be quite an agenda - to insert non-science information in the guise of science. But - why can't we explain things like how consciousness arises? Matter and energy seem to have a spirituality component, there is no reason for religion and science to be antagonistic - both are right from their perspective. But neither perspective is all together there.

I think as we wake in the morning , life becomes different.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I used to have such vivid dreams (but more the naked girl like ones :p) when I was younger (18-25 I would say) but apparently I somehow "lost my ability to dream" in the last few years and it only happens occasionaly (or I still dream but do not remember - don´t know).

But I can tell you that I once dreamt something that became true ...it wasn´t an earthquake or another disaster ...just a totaly ordinary all day occurance ...actualy only a situation and a few sentences ..like a Déjà-vu only I knew for sure that I had dreamt this scene some days before.

I also had some dreams where I knew I was dreaming and could do anything I want (I guess it is called lucid dreaming) but apparently was more interesstet in the naked girls than in exploring this dreamworld - maybe this is a mere reflection of my inner self and proved me to be not mature enough spiritualy spoken.

So altough I think I know what you mean these states decreased for me the last few years ...I don´t know why

edit on 13/3/2011 by InDeMioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lemmehowdt

Thank you,

I have heard about the heightened consciousness awakening but without investigating (my mistake it seems) thought it meant that people are just more aware of TPTB, False Flags, NWO Agenda etc,

People that know me can attest to the fact that on those topics, I am more awake than the Joe on the street. As are most of us on ATS. That's the point right?

But the dream/waking thing is catching me off guard I have to admit. Can't even begin to imagine what institution I would be locked up in if I started telling friends and family about this. The conspiracy theorist inside of me has already caused them to keep the local psych ward on speed dial I'm sure...(Joking of course)

Anyhooo...Thanks for your reply.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InDeMioN

I'm aware of the lucid dreaming thing as having experienced that a lot in my past as well. Seems almost the same these days but more frequent.

This morning was the first time that it lasted thru the waking part tho. It was so real that I was convinced that I would open my laptop and see the EQ.

Weird.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lemmehowdt
I do not think you are crazy - there seems to be a heightened consciousness in the world right now. My friend Roger teaches people how to remote view and some of the things people see speak to a 'between' world. I generally do not remember my dreams, but there have been some variables in the continuity of my waking state. There seems to be more than meets the eye.

I used to think good science had the solutions, but now i question even if there is such a thing as good science. There seems to be quite an agenda - to insert non-science information in the guise of science. But - why can't we explain things like how consciousness arises? Matter and energy seem to have a spirituality component, there is no reason for religion and science to be antagonistic - both are right from their perspective. But neither perspective is all together there.

I think as we wake in the morning , life becomes different.

just because you bad mouthed science...

science is the best way to know the truth, it requires evidence, reason, and it's self correcting. the reason spirituality isn't accepted is because science it rejects the supernatural, because there is no evidence for the supernatural. no evidence for souls. no evidence for global, galactic, or universal consciousness... so it's not accepted as fact, if there was proof (any), scientists would happily accept the whole new age movement. but that is not the case.
edit on 13-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: grammar

to op: i get premonitions sometimes too, but when i do its almost by pure coincidence, there is no way to distinguishing which dreams will come true and which wont
edit on 13-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Thank you,

I am a big believer in science and therefore fact based arguments. My mother is religious and the discussions we have had would make any God and Einstein weep.

This is exactly I posted this...I am not religious, don't believe in fortune tellers or chicken bones thrown about to foresee the future. Yet, this incident this morning was so intense and real that I had to question my sanity when it turned out to not have happened.

So I then thought that maybe there really is something to the dream state that we can't fathom.

All I know is this: If it doesn't happen (and I truly hope not) I'll put it down to another strange but powerful dream. But, if it does happen...I'm gonna poop a little. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by vjr1113

Thank you,

I am a big believer in science and therefore fact based arguments. My mother is religious and the discussions we have had would make any God and Einstein weep.

This is exactly I posted this...I am not religious, don't believe in fortune tellers or chicken bones thrown about to foresee the future. Yet, this incident this morning was so intense and real that I had to question my sanity when it turned out to not have happened.

So I then thought that maybe there really is something to the dream state that we can't fathom.

All I know is this: If it doesn't happen (and I truly hope not) I'll put it down to another strange but powerful dream. But, if it does happen...I'm gonna poop a little. LOL

dreams, i believe, are your minds way of preparing you for the real world. maybe you're a little worried about earthquakes? hell, i live in LA, we get quakes all the time, im definitely scared of a big one hitting us. but i have to let the fear go or else it'll consume me. good luck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Actually, if I was nervous about quakes it would make a lot of sense. But I'm not. I live on the East Coast of Canada and it isn't even a concern here. Well, could be I guess.

Nope, I'm more worried about a Global Police State and Fema Camps than EQ's.

Oh well.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is...disturbing to me because I had a similar dream, but it was based in the US. I felt the ground shaking violently and I somehow knew it was an 8.1 I've only had limited training in geophysics, but it was like I was hearing it on the radio. Sadly I couldn't tell where I was at the time, so I cannot make an educated guess as to whether it was the San Andreas fault giving way, the New Madrid, or both.

The weirdest part of the dream was my dead grandmother talking to me, warning that I would die soon. I'm still having jitters from the realism of it all.

I usually don't talk about my dreams on ATS, but in this instance I felt the similarities not just in magnitude but also when the dreams occurred warranted me getting over my normal reluctance this time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

Thanx for the post.

Not getting messages from departed ones or even a feeling. I just woke up and KNEW it had happened. Like it was a fact and all I had to do was turn on the TV and my Laptop and it was going to be there. No surprises or even Wow! Just a fact.

Yes, the similarities are a little weird.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Something truly is going on. I wish I could transfer all the stuff in my head right now into a couple of sentences, because it suddenly all seems relevant. But....I'll spare you guys.

I've had lucid intense dreams my whole life (even as a newborn). I have reams of dream journals. It's always been a part of my life. But I've always kept it to myself. While I thoroughly enjoy and study the paranormal, I come from a very scientific background/family. I myself am a Business Analyst by day. So yeah, my weirdo woo-woo stuff is kept on the down low.

But despite a lifetime of a 2nd life in the dream world at night, the last few days have gone to a whole new level. When I simply close my eyes, I can almost instantly be in a lucid dream...while mostly still conscious. I go to that "inbetween" state in a second and it is very disorienting and unusual.

It started with a dream I had early morning on Mar. 10. In the dream I was laying down resting & suddenly felt a strong pressure all over my body. My instinct in the dream was to fight against it, but something told me to relax into it, and when I did I heard a mix between a crunch & snap, as if something gave away. It was like it was in my skull, inbetween and little above my eyes. (I know right...the 3rd eye...how cliche
) But the instant it gave way a tube of intense bright light (like a laser) about 2 inches in diameter shot into the area that gave way and the immediate thought was, "oh...it's time for the next level." Then afterwards when it was done, I was wondering what cool things I was going to be able to do now.

It's hard to explain, since you don't know me from a hole in the wall, that while I am comfortable in the realms of woo-woo, I don't subscribe to the whole ascension thing. I think all of the talk of 2012, ascension, earth changes, edgar cayce, etc. are interesting. I love the idea of "what if"....but then I get up in the morning and go do my analysis in Excel Spreadsheets, go to meetings, come home and take care of my son & cats. (Yeah...I'm working up to the 'crazy cat lady' scenario.)

But after that "dream" the other morning, even my life during the day has become w.e.i.r.d. As if it's becoming more of the dream and my dreams are becoming more real - except I can easily tell the difference.

Does that relate to your experience at all? I mean as far as the feeling about it all?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

It didn't feel like a dream at all. It was as real as every other day.

I woke up and just KNEW there was an EQ of 8.2. Not a question or trying to shake it off. No floating etc. Just a fact.

As I mentioned, I got up and went to get some coffee thinking that I might as well have a coffee now before I opened my laptop cause I wouldn't have time to make one once I started reading the news etc.

Then nothing! I was confused and wondering what was happening. I couldn't understand how something I simply knew to be true wasn't all over the net. Turned on the tv and nothing. Thought I was cracking up.

It was like suddenly I wasn't in reality anymore and that the EQ was the reality. I was so confused and disoriented. And this was after I was awake for at least 15-20 minutes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh wow! Like a slip into either a parallel timeline or a jump to a future event? How are you feeling about it now? When you think back on it, can you get a sense of timing or date? No doubt it's not something you're going to easily shake off. I hope New Zealand isn't going to get hit yet again...mother nature is just being relentless.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthelookout
reply to post by jude11

Oh wow! Like a slip into either a parallel timeline or a jump to a future event? How are you feeling about it now? When you think back on it, can you get a sense of timing or date? No doubt it's not something you're going to easily shake off. I hope New Zealand isn't going to get hit yet again...mother nature is just being relentless.

Don't know about a "Slip" or anything like a "Jump" either. Just don't know.

The time and date were at that moment, like it had happened already and all I was going to do was turn on the tv and laptop to see the exact location in NZ and damage reports. No weird feelings, visions etc. It was just a normal part of the day and knew I had to check out the new EQ.

I don't know what people experience when they say that they are foreseeing something or experiencing a sense of whatever. I have experienced Deja vu like many others and this was not that at all.

Tried to shake it off as just a dream but I was as awake as I am now and I am still trying to figure it all out.

I have no answers and it's confusing as hell.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Unfortunately, science cannot measure many things. Such as love. Does that mean there is no evidence for love? And that it doesn't exist?

Science can measure the weight, length, width, height, density, etc. of a book of poems but can it tell you if those poems are any good? Can it tell us about every single experience every single person on the planet will have after reading this book of poems? Obviously, each person will interpret them differently and be affected in a unique way.

I believe science is a tool used to measure certain things and when it comes to the paranormal and psychic it cannot, at least not yet. Only by unifying spirituality and science can we truly understand the illusion of the world around us, or at least so we think. Until another tool comes along.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Science over the last few years has done alot in the way of producing results which prove exactly what you're saying it hasn't. Science has proven that their is a collective conciousness outside of the physical world. Science is beginning to move back to the world of spirituality, but both science AND religion will have to change to accomodate what we can learn over the next 100 years.

I have had a dream quite a few times, about 4 or 5 times in the last year or two, which terrifies me everytime. Im walking with my friends and out of no-where there is this huge flash of orange light, then follows with a huge bang and rush of light and fire towards me and its over in seconds. Although i think this is probably down to reading too many ww3 nucluer bomb conspiricies, but i think thats definatley what i see in my dreams, someone setting off a nucluer bomb.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kirstiehughes

Well, let's just hope that your dream doesn't come true.

I still remember mine vividly tho. Strange.

Thanx!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Me too Jude! haha

How's your nights sleep been since you created this topic?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kirstiehughes
Me too Jude! haha

How's your nights sleep been since you created this topic?

I've had a few morning sessions of note but not like that one. I usually get a few a week. Usual stuff, sleeping but can see everything in the room clearly as if my eyes are open. That never bothers me as I'm used to it by now.

What about you?

new topics

top topics

join