It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janklow = 100 days / Martha = 5 Months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Janklow, a career politician from South Dakota, kills a man on charges of second-degree manslaughter, speeding, running a stop sign and reckless driving. He gets 100 days in jail.

Martha does insider trading, and lies, gets 5 months in prision.

Neither are saints but man what a difference in justice.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's becasue Stewart's "crime" affected far more people (stock holders, brokers, etc, etc) than the freinds/family of the person Janklow killed.

Money makes the world go round.

[edit on 7/21/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You don't give jail time for a crime like Martha's anyway; you fine her big time, or reverse what she did. Jail is for rapists and murderers, not insider trading and lying. Our court system is pathetic.

-Attero

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Is jail time really that bad anymore? Its not like shes going to a "D Block" type enviornment. I'm sure whatever shes in is the best of the best of a prison enviornment; if we saw it, I'm sure we would have a hard time figuring out how it became considered a prison. But I do agree that our Justice system is horrible; seriously in need of reform.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yea, she probably got put in a rather "nice" prison. Either way, i'm sure the jail will look spectacular by the time she's released...

I wonder if she'll be hosting her show from her cell?

-Attero

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Is jail time really that bad anymore? Its not like shes going to a "D Block" type enviornment. I'm sure whatever shes in is the best of the best of a prison enviornment; if we saw it, I'm sure we would have a hard time figuring out how it became considered a prison. But I do agree that our Justice system is horrible; seriously in need of reform.

Is prison that bad? Some are, some are very bad.

The Justice system does not need reform, there is nothing wrong with it. The problem lies in money. Considering we have more laws than most people could count in a year, all it takes is more money to dig deeper into the endless laws and judgements from over 200 years. At this point, no matter what the case, either side has a fair shot and the judge will need to decide.

I think this is a big reason that judges are breaking away from the law and forming their own ideas.

top topics

join