It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano erupts in southwestern Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am watching the uk 24 hour news and there is no mention of the Volcano??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

WHAT video of land craking and water bubbling?

i am kinda slow and dense, sorry, but i would like to see the vid you mentioned..

please and thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantom150
The largest earthquake, most horrific tsunami, 3 suspected melted down reactors and now a volcano.

Thats just tragic, who would think luck gets that bad.

Best wishes go out to all those affected.

Everything you listed isn't the largest or most horrific in the world, but it is very bad for japan....there have been worse though

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My gut feeling tells me that that Inland is not safe... Evact areas are not large enough...
Can't express enough of how that is true..
What saddens me, no words here will be heard by them that need to know!

More fall out I'm certain!

Jesse

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
These people have enough on their plates. imo I think they don't want to put any more stress on their people. It could be the straw that breaks the camels back. And there so busy dealing with all the other issues they have, it's probably the least of their worries at this time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

WHAT video of land craking and water bubbling?

Might be this one

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Yes that's the one...

I'm flicking through as many TV news channels as I can but they are still not reporting on the volcano..

i can only imagine that they do not want to distract from the nuclear threat. plus it might also affect the markets (again) so reporting on more gloom and doom is even worse for business.. that and reducing panic..

just goes to show the power of the internet and ATS to get things out first.. and factual (as it can be)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Psalms 46

[Pss 46:1] God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

[Pss 46:2] Therefore will we not fear, though the earth do change, And though the mountains be shaken into the heart of the seas;

[Pss 46:3] Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, Though the mountains tremble with the swelling thereof. Selah

[Pss 46:4] There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.

[Pss 46:5] God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God will help her, and that right early.

[Pss 46:6] The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved: He uttered his voice, the earth melted.

[Pss 46:7] Jehovah of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

[Pss 46:8] Come, behold the works of Jehovah, What desolations he hath made in the earth.

[Pss 46:9] He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; He breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; He burneth the chariots in the fire.

[Pss 46:10] Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

[Pss 46:11] Jehovah of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is not about the worst thing has been to Japan or not, but about what other activities will be triggered? Since the Earth's plates constantly moving, this may even lead to a task of more volcanoes and in that case, the consequences could be disastrous for all of mankind.
We can forget about life as we see it today and some time in the dark, cold, lined with food shortages will cause us to live in a way have even dreamed of. It is the worst, but for Japan has already begun a new daily in a total disaster. my prayers are with the Japanese people and I pray God be gracious to us all.

Read more on this link from the Washington post:
www.washingtonpost.com...

Here is the latest from M&C:
www.monstersandcritics.com...

It´s perfectly normal to hold on to the laste information about this vulcano and if others is starting to get active. Look in to the 3D program and you will have a live updated and full cover on the eruptions i japan.
god bless you all.

edit on 13-3-2011 by stavis because: edit for credit

edit on 13-3-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

hken.ibtimes.com...

Her are some links to live cams on different vulcanos in these locations:

•Mt Etna (Italy)
•Stromboli and Vulcano (Italy)
•Kilauea Camera 1 (Hawaii)
•Kilauea Camera 2 (Hawaii)
•Mt St. Helens (USA)
•Mt Redoubt (Alaska)
•Colima (Mexico)
•Llaima (Chile)
•Villarrica (Chile)
•Chaiten (Chile)
•New Zealand Volcanoes
•Kliuchevskoi (Russia)
•Mt Fuji (Japan)
•Sakura-jima (Japan)
•Mt Ararat (Turkey)
•Turrialba (Costa Rica)
•Merapi (Indonesia)

www.volcanolive.com...

edit on 13-3-2011 by stavis because: time flyes

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Hey Crappiekat..
Can't agrue much on your point.. However, I will attempt to do so to a little extent.

To me efforts are the most important now to get everyone alive off that land..

Can't help those that have parished.

If not soon... it will get real ugly.. ( Not that isn't now)

Just a gut feeling..

Be wise.. Be Well.

Jesse

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

That was a stunning video. The guy taking the shots is either really brave or stupid. I don't think I would have been so calm watching the earth heave back and forth like that with the water surging to the surface. They say it could all liquify; especially the reclaimed land.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's almost incredible how i have still not seen any TV news about this volcano...

Although it' not as important as a few nuclear stations going into major trouble, it's still very important for the people of Japan...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

My husband and I were just talking about that. It would be a huge uptaking and other counties would have to help. Jeez What an absolute mess. I haven't had a chance to check yet, do you know the population of the country.

Ok I got it. As of the 2010 census 127,078.679. Thats alot of people for such a small country.
edit on 13-3-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Amazing.

What could possibly happen next? Meteor impact? Alien invasion?

If contained within that same movie (historic earthquake, historic tsunami, historic nuclear meltdown, volcano...), these events together would be panned as the worst kind of fiction.

edit on 13-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why would there be anything about the volcano on TV?

It is just another Japanese volcano and to them it is of little or no consequence, especially in the light of the current tragedy. Having said that.........

The Great Japan Earthquake of 2011 (mag 8.9) and its aftershocks, are capable disrupting volcanoes large distances from the epicentre. Very large eruptions are possible after Great Earthquakes. It is possible for eruptions to occur anytime after the earthquake, and the high risk period will last for several months. Japan contains ten percent of the world's active volcanoes. The closest active volcano to the earthquake is Narugo, 150 km WNW of the epicentre. Volcanoes near to the earthquake epicentre include:
Kurikoma (153 km), Zao (170 km), Hijiori (195 km), Azuma (200 km), Adatara (200 km), Iwate (205 km), Akita-Komaga-take (210 km), Bandai (220 km), Chokai (220 km), Hachimantai (223 km), Akita-Yake-yama (228 km), and Nasu (250 km).
The aftershocks are migrating south and now are within 70 km of Tokyo and 200 km of Mt Fuji volcano. Mt Fuji last erupted in 1708.

Volcano Live!

You might enjoy these pictures of the volcano which was erupting in January.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

This same volcano erupted several times a month ago and was not on the news then either. It was not very serious at the time, just stopping air and rail traffic. I suppose that, coupled with the earthquake, it might be more serious now.
edit on 13-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Thankyou for finding that Professional. Interesting - some of it echoes Biblical prophecy - the antiChrist, Gog & Magog, the return of Jesus etc. I was unaware of this one.

Thanks
J

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
it could have been a warning of an earthquake right? im no expert but DAAAAYYYYUUMM

duck and roll!

love the lightning bit i would have loved to see it

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

An interesting tidbit of trivia here, Mt. Shimoe-dake is the volcano that Sean Connery secreted into during the film You Only Live Twice from back in 1967.

Shinmoedake is a very large and powerful volcano located on the southern Japanese Island of Kyushu, about 950 miles south of the epicenter of Friday’s earthquake.

Today’s explosive event was a powerful one that could be heard for many miles and the mega powerful volcano’s most recent activity has now forced authorities to ban people to within one mile of the site.

www.pamil-visions.net...

Just a little bit of an update on this volcano. 950 miles is nothing for a cloud of volcanic ash...
Need to try to find some weather updates etc..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Those poor people. Talk about kicking someone when they're down. Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear meltdowns, and now a volcano eruption. Everyday it's something new. I swear to God if I wake up and turn on the news tomorrow and some reporter is showing tape of Godzilla attacking Tokyo I would not be at all surprised. Hell, I think it's about the only thing left that can happen to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join