It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano erupts in southwestern Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Volcano erupts in southwestern Japan

www.ndtv.com

A volcano in southwestern Japan erupted on Sunday after nearly two weeks of relative silence, sending ash and rocks up to four kilometres (two and a half miles) into the air, a local official said.

It was not immediately clear if the eruption was a direct result of the massive 8.9-magnitude earthquake that rocked northern areas on Friday, unleashing a fierce tsunami and sparking fears that more than 10,000 may have been killed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If it was not enough for an earthwuake to occur.. now this has happened.

2 and a half miles up, there is a cloud of ash.. I just hope that the winds are blowing in the right direction and does not affect/hamper rescue/repair efforts at the quake sites.

this really is a kick when you're down..

to add another source.. www.nypost.com...

www.thejakartaglobe.com...

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-3-2011 by Extralien because: extra source added.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The largest earthquake, most horrific tsunami, 3 suspected melted down reactors and now a volcano.

Thats just tragic, who would think luck gets that bad.

Best wishes go out to all those affected.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

How much more can this poor nation take?

I know they are a stoic and proud nation and will come through this with great dignity, but I fear there is still more to come for them. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well holly balls. I'd say this is the "landslide in the east" that was predicted in Islamic hadiths, talking about the major earthquake and now this volcanic fallout...its getting nasty and nastier...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is Japan being destroyed?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Professional - I don't suppose you happen to recall which Hadith that is from? I'm just interested in checking this out further and seeing what else it says. Thanks

peace
J

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its like 2012 has already arrived in Japan but over year and a half way too early

prayers and thoughts

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

That is a very good question.. We may find out.. Hopefully it wont come to destruction, but it does seem that an evacuation of the entire island may become necesary if things get any worse.

The video of the land cracking up with water bubbling through is reclaimed land, so that may all slide away..
Depending on how bad this volcano gets (lava etc.) there might be some very tough decisions to be made.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

It's beginning to look that way. My heart goes out to them.
I don't beleive that there has ever been such a catalogue of disasters to befall one nation is such a short space of time, ever. May the Gods help them.

peace
J

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The 1,421 meter high volcano reawakened after 52 years last January, again on March 1, after which followed two weeks of inactivity. It is likely that the acted as a catalyst for the eruption; meanwhile authorities have maintained a level 3 warning (out of 5) and have blocked access to the volcano. . .

Level 3 out of 5 doesn't sound good.
Link

It can not be stated the EQ triggered the volcano. The volcano was warming up back on January 29th.
edit on 13-3-2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

There will be three landslides before Qiyamah like never seen before. One in the East, one in the West and one in Arabia. The Earth will swallow everything above it and as a result, many people will die. However, everybody will be raised according to his intentions. This will take place when evil prevails. Hudhaifa-b-Usaid al-Ghifari reported: Allah's Messenger Peace and blessings be upon him came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in discussion) He said: "What are you discussing?" They (the companions) said: "We are talking about the last hour." Thereupon he Peace and blessings be upon him said: "It will not come until you see ten signs before it, He made a mention of the Smoke, the Dajjal, the Beast, the Rising of the Sun from the West, the Descent of Jesus, Son of MaryPeace be upon him, the emergence of Ya'juj and Ma'juj, and Landsliding will occur in three places, One in the East, one in the West and one in Arabia at the end of which a fire would burn forth from Yemen, which would drive people to the place of their assembly." (Muslim) Umme Salmah reported that I heard the Messenger of Allah Peace and blessings be upon him saying, "After me there will be a landslide in the East, a landslide in the West and a landslide in the Peninsula of Arabia." I asked, "Oh Messenger of Allah will the Earth give way, though there are some pious people above it." The Prophet Peace and blessings be upon him replied, "When its inhabitants exceed doing bad and evil." (Tabrani Fil-Awsat)

www.inter-islam.org...

I believe it is From Sahih Muslim [Sahih Muslim, Hadith no. 6931]

Huzaifa bin Usaid Al-Ghifari reported: Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم came to us all of a sudden as we were talking. He said: "What are you discussing?" We said: "We are talking about the Last Hour." Thereupon, he صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "It will not come until you see ten signs before it, He made a mention of the Smoke, the Dajjal (Anti-Christ), the Daabba, the Rising of the Sun from the West, the Descent of Jesus Son of Mary عليه السلام (from Heaven), the emergence of Ya'juj and Ma'juj (Gog & MaGog), and Khusuf (Land Collapses or Landslides) will occur in three places: one in the East, one in the West and one in Arabian Peninsula. At the end, a Fire would burn forth from Yemen (or from Aden according to Ahmad), which would drive people to the place of their final assembly (before they get resurrected by God)." (Sahih Muslim, Musnad Ahmad)

www.discoveringislam.org...

Hazrat Hudhaifa b. Usaid Ghifari reported: "Allah's Messenger came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in a discussion). He said, "What do you discuss about?" They (the Companions) said, "We are discussing about the Last Hour." Thereupon he said, "It will not come until you see ten signs before, and (in this connection) he made a mention of the smoke, Dajjal, the beast, the rising of the sun from the west, the descent of Prophet Jesus, the Gog and Magog, and land-slidings in three places (one in the east, one in the west and one in Arabia), at the end of which fire would burn forth from Yemen, and would drive people to the place of their assembly." [Sahih Muslim, Hadith no. 6931]

www.baharemadinah.com...:the-major-signs-of-qiyamat&catid=73:basics&Itemid=374

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
earth water wind and fire..........japan takes it all...:-(

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Japan's apparent destruction is but part of a global phenomenon. So many sources have predicted turbulent times for the world and they seem to be upon us.

The big one for the west coast of N. America has yet to happen but may be imminent, along with an awakening of the New Madras fault in the middle. Not that any of this is new. This earth is a dynamic thing and cannot resist the forces that invade us from the universe beyond. She has had to readjust time and again.

We will survive and she will settle again; hopefully a better place than it has been.
edit on 3/13/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Earthquakes and erupting volcanos are the result plate tectonics, tsunamis are caused by the earthquakes, the earth's plates are in constant motion and when one plate is crushed under or above another plate eventually abrupt movement finally gives way and the result of that is earthquakes.

Japan is situated in a naturally dangerous location of the earth's plates.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Apparently this is the volcano...
That's a massive cloud...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The 1,421-metre (4,689-feet) Shinmoedake volcano in the Kirishima range saw its first major eruption for 52 years in January.

Since the Okhotsk Plate subduction zone has been known to unleash megaquakes every 80 years or so this volcanic activity should have been a smoking gun. You would think that given the risks to Japan from these Geo thermal events their best and brightest scientists would have developed sensor based predictive and warning systems. Gravitational and deep sensor thermal monitoring would yield lots of useful data you would think. There was even a thread started on ATS that suggesting that the seismic signature of the event may have implyed this quake was a preemptive measure designed to upgrade Japanese infrastructure. The mods took it down immediately because it was in bad taste, it would be like calling 911 a false flag a week later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Still nothing on TV - nothing on Japanese TV either. Why?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

am wondering this myself...nothing on tv from what i have seen...they just keep going on about the nuclear plants..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.wolton.net...

This link goes to eartquake 3D for live updates on vulcano activitet on earth.

www.sfgate.com...

The weather agency says a volcano in southern Japan is spewing ash and rock again as the country struggles with the aftermath of a catastrophic earthquake and tsunami in the north.
The Meteorological Agency issued a warning Sunday saying that Shinmoedake volcano resumed activity after a couple of quiet weeks.
The mountain is on Kyushu island, 950 miles (1,500 kilometers) from the epicenter of Friday's magnitude 8.9 earthquake and resulting tsunami, which devastated much of the country's northeastern coast.

It was unclear if the eruptions were linked to quake. Japan lies on the "Ring of Fire" — an arc of seismically active zones where earthquake and volcanic eruptions are common.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join