It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead

Lifting a 40 T block up however tall it was to the top isn�t easy and I don�t know how they would have done it.

a mile long gentle slope ?

if they are bothered enough to build a pyramid then they are prob bothered enough to stack some soil and stones and make a ramp to the top - the thing about this is that they could lengthen the ramp to compensate for the height

Exactly. When people think about building the pyramids, all they think about is "how can someone lift a 40 ton block?" That's not how it was done. No one "lifted" anything in the sense that you pick it up and set it down. The stone blocks were moved into pace, like Acidhead said, with a long ramp on a gradual slope. Kinda like the wheelchair ramp you see at a restaraunt. The process is even shown in egyption hyrogliphics.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
here is how they built them

pyramid construction

nothing supernatural

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The ramp is very nice

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
can i just say 1 tone is not heavy!!!!

i work at a printers
and lift 250 kg(quauter tone) roles of material onto measuring tables.

..it takes TWO OF US. no machinary, just arms.

im not exactly huge

im shure thousands of big muscley slaves could lift
50 tones

and probly throw them!!!!

[edit on 21-8-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This reminds me of the movie Stargate and AVP (New Release).

ME

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Where does this great pyramid reside? I guess I mean where in Egypt, in the middle, on a border, somewhere else?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

How did they know how to align it so accurately with true north without the use of magnetism?

how can a pyramid be aligned with the north?the base of a pyramid is a square,now how can you point it north?
the magnetic pole was different at the time,it's always changing

to answer the original question, I think it is arrogant to assume the egyptians couldn't do it on their own. 1000 years from know, people will be wondering if aliens helped us get to the moon. after all, we had only learned to fly 60 years earlier.....Homo sapiens have had the same size brain for about 100,00 years. All it would have taken is enough resources and time to build them.

exactly,the pyramids are a 100% man made.does the fact that we have computers and aircrafts mean we should automatically understand how the egyptians built the pyramids? NO!

Oh my God...
...you poor man...

I'm really surpriced bout the crazy thoughts all you people have...always looking for a normal answer, and when there isn't a normal answer, y'all create one...
I really thought that on a website like this there would be more understanding and knowledge, seems to me this website is created to avoid any Alien subject...always searching/creating answers that would fit into your mind...avoiding the mistery's and keeping it hidden knowledge...
The 'average Joe' won't accept other answers then the 'normal' ones...
And that's why everything remains a mistery....

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The people in charge were in control of thousands of slaves that were made to work to the bone. People spen their whole lives slaving over those pyramids.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Oh my God......you poor man...
I'm really surpriced bout the crazy thoughts all you people have...always looking for a normal answer, and when there isn't a normal answer, y'all create one...

do you care to tell us all how they where built then ?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
The people in charge were in control of thousands of slaves that were made to work to the bone. People spen their whole lives slaving over those pyramids.

NO!

the egyptians never had a proper slavery system like the romans or greeks!!!and they never had slaves to build the pyramids,they were egyptian workers!!!and they didnt spend their lives working,the biggest pyramid was built in 20 years with a working force of 20 000 men.

Italiano:Who has the crazy toughts? I am not the one who believes aliens came to earth and built a few pyramids.
it's a fact,the egyptians built them,if you want to believe aliens did,fine but you are wrong.

JAK

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Oriiginally poster by Italiano

Sorry, the crazy thoughts others have? Have you taken a good look at your own posts recently? Absolutely anything you can you ascribe to some unearthly, super advanced alien race you do without hesitation or the merest hint of evidence. Then you have the clarity of mind to call anyone who disagrees with you a dis-info agent. Very reasonable indeed.

I would have thought that reasonable investigation with a conclusion drawn from supporting facts would be the correct way to 'Deny Ignorance', not clutching at straws in the hope of blindly stumbling onto some evidence that would satisfy your desperate longing for the existence of an alien race a la Von Daniken.

Discarding such a headstrong attitude, however much one would like to believe, would surely be a better standpoint (a position I believe I have expressed and explained to you with great clarity last time we corresponded, only to be called a dis-info agent). To base such a search on fact and allow yourself reach whichever conclusion arose would seem the correct way of going about things rather than closing your eyes, ears and mind to any other possibility that does not support your fancyful ideas. How ironic then you should take it upon yourself to criticise the closed minded attitude of others.

Perhaps you should take the time to study yourself and your own position before attempting to question the attitude of others.

A far better way to ensure that any mysteries remain such would be to ignore any valid scientific investigation and accept, without questioning, personally gratifying fantasies.

Jack

PS: Dis-info agent for hire if anyone is interested, I hear the money is real good.

[Edited for spelling]

[edit on 21/8/04 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
oh, yea...ic...this is what you do...JAK,
backing up ACIDHEAD's back because he cannot handle it himself...

Do you ain't got some usefull things to say on this site? type your own opinions in topics, instead of trying to prove others wrong...
of course i call you an agent...you always show up if some truth is said...
Acidhead cannot handle it, then you show up...(or others)
Pretty clear...

I just type my opinion towards others and talk about things I know, this is what this site is for...
If you don't like my opinion, Ignore me...instead of analyzing everything I say and trying using it against me, EVERY TIME!
I won't be fooled by these stories...thats why I am surpriced that many people on such a website like these are...

Move on, If you ain't a agent...then you are very pathetic, because your wasting allot of time on people that do not share the same opinion as you...and you ain't using this site for what its used for...you use it to prove others ain't right...to try to prove others are liers because they do not share the same opinion as you.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i think it is you who is mistaken italiano

oh, yea...ic...this is what you do...JAK,
backing up ACIDHEAD's back because he cannot handle it himself...

why take it personal ?why do you think people are ganging up on you ? why cant you just see this as a message board where people disscuss things ,without your constant "in the know but without any evidence" attitude

the idea of the site is to find the truth about things - the question on the post was "did aliens help to build the great pyramids?"

the answer is = there is no EVIDENCE that aliens built the pyramid , there is barely evidence that any aliens are visiting the planet , never mind cutting and moving huge stones - if you do have some evidence then a lot of people would enjoy reading it

when you actually look into it - you will find that there where hundreds of small huts near the pyramids where workers lived , there are methods to build the pyramids that humans can do etc
there is nothing apart from some alignments and ratios that point to ancient egyptians having a knowledge of understanding far greater than what we originally thought they had.

i dont see how your blind "aliens done it because i know" and your constant attacks to people who dissagree with you or ask you for evidence to support your claims actually brings anything positive to the posts.

and again - dissinfo agents pop up

these dissinfo agents that are all over the net , that are out to dissprove theories must know every top secret document known in the world. they must be totally highest clearence otherwise they wouldnt know what topics to debunk and what to leave alone.
now do you really think that these people with all that clearence of aliens/secret millitary agenda/incomming comets/god etc etc would waste time messing about on some message board ?
i really wish i was a dissinfo agent as then i would know all the answers - but sorry im not - im just a secret agent

[edit on 21-8-2004 by acidhead]

JAK

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
L-M-F-A-O. Oh thankls for that, it did brighten up my day.

Just a quick note to say I have read you reply. My contribution was to state my opinion. I was and do not speak for Acidhead and I would never presume to do so even thought we may well agree on certain things.

I shall leave AcidHead to respond further which I believe him quite capable of doing, unlike your good self who just shouts the same empty rehetoric about dis-information agents when you are so obviously unable to fight your corner.

As for assertions such as:

Originally posted by Italiano

...instead of analyzing everything I say and trying using it against me, EVERY TIME!

I have not looked through your postings but I do doubt that I follow you around. I fear you bestow far greater importance upon yourself than is actually the case. I have replied to you what? Four times? That hardly qualifies me as a stalker does it.

Originally posted by Italiano

If you ain't a agent...then you are very pathetic, because your wasting allot of time on people that do not share the same opinion as you...and you ain't using this site for what its used for...

No, I think you will find the motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance". If you are unable to grasp such a concept I suggest you make use of the search button. I am of the opinion that beliefs are, and should be, freely stated on such a board.

In the posts I have seen on yours you don't just offer an opinion. You 'preach' your views as fact and when this is the case and one such as yourself then tries to forbid anyone the opportunity to offer an alternate opinion by such impotent means as calling them dis-info agents, that is something that should be picked up on. There are always at least two sides to any story. I believe they should all be heard. Out of all the members here then it is amusing that you should choose to call others closed minded.

Also, I might like to add that in all and any correspondence we may have had I think I managed to get my point across without resorting to personal insults. Perhaps you might want to bear this in mind, it is far better to refrain from such things, it does detract so from the point you are trying to make and leaves you and your argument very weak.

Regards,

Jack

Ps: While there may be no little buddies group following you about and supporting each other on the side of myself, I see that there may be with you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To-whit: your little 'Way Above' recommendations. I see you were warned about such behavour and rightly so. Before you start throwing accusations about in future about little conspiracies and petty gangs, you may want to make certain that you yourself are clean of any such doings.

[edit on 21/8/04 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
can i just say 1 tone is not heavy!!!!

i work at a printers
and lift 250 kg(quauter tone) roles of material onto measuring tables.

..it takes TWO OF US. no machinary, just arms.

look at my damm avatar, im not exactly huge

im shure thousands of big muscley slaves could lift
50 tones

and probly throw them!!!!

The thing is, I belive you, except for the last little part. Throwing 50 tons even with as many people as you can get around it would not be as easy as you think. Have you ever tried throwing a fridge with a hole bunch of people? It doesnt go that far, trust me. But other than that yes we can lift that much but that does not mean that they could back then. From watching all strength challenge and some shows on discovery channel i have heard several times that we have gotten stronger. I am not doubting the ability of regular exercise but now adays we have strength enchancers, equipment, etc. From that I dont belive that they would have been able to do it as easily as we could. But they did have other methods.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
NO, the Aliens don't builded nothing on EART'S surface! Be sur!

regards chapo

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Did anyone look into that website on how they egyptians built the pyramids? The one with the clay ramp?

Here are the problems that come to my mind.

If anyone has ever been or actually seen the pyramids you will know there is no way in hell your going to roll a 5-50 ton block up a clay and limestone ramp on that angle. Especially towards the mid/top it would become almost impossible to overcome the will of the block's wieght to roll against your man-power.

How to do you get the block onto the ramp of clay/limestone. Think about this for a second, if your using rollers against an angle with an object ontop of these rolling things how do you get the object to move/position itself with the angle?

Friction between a wooden piece of log and a 5-50 ton piece of stone would be pretty hard to overcome even with unlimited man-power on level surface, I mean most cars weigh between 2-3 tons? and it takes maybe 2-4 men to roll a car on level ground with tires.

What piece of machinery did they use to cut these stones so perfect?

I didn't live back in 2300 B.C or whatever ancient time it was, so i can't tell you what happened. I'm just seeing the problems with building this place. Aliens helped? maybe maybe not I don't know. It's been proposed that aliens have helped us with a lot of things like C.D.'s Stealth Tech ect. but i guess thats another topic?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well Aether you are right in that, but we don�t know exactly how gradual these ramps were. I thought the exact same thing when I saw the ramp thinking okay so what now they have to deal with this and this, etc. The only thing is even that site has only a mild idea of how it was actually. So we don�t know how gradual it was. It could�ve been over 5 miles long for all we know and although it would be hard, they didn�t build it over night.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
it's only a little animation.the ramp was probably way longer.anyways it was possible

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So how long did it take, and how many men were needed to build a five mile long ramp? Thats more work than the pyramid itself!

Jesus, this is some project...

Bear in mind that recent digs have shown that there were probably less than a thousand men resident at the site at any given time, and none were slaves!

Archeologists have found that the workers diets contained fish and nuts, foodstuffs normally reserved for important people at that time in Egypt.

The remains of the barracks where the workers stayed are also surprisingly small, with no more than about 1000 people living around the site at any time.

I will look out the paper for you all...

Personally, I don't think theres any real evidence either way, not that i've seen. Someone mentioned glyphs showing how the pyramids were built, let me see!

EDIT for grammer, or lack of it...

[edit on 22-8-2004 by Smokersroom]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join