It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 5
1
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   


For all those who have trouble believing or taking the chance to consider- may want to pop down to their local library and pick up a copy of the Atlantis Enigma. Its an amazing book, it opened my mind to more theories.


i agree with Miss P on this one instead of relying on the TV for aswers go read a book. Another good book that describes the uses of the pyramids the "THE STARGATE CONSIRACY" by Lynn Picknett & Clive Prince it links the pyramids here on earth with the "pyramids" on mars. good book for a rainy day it really opens you eyes to new theories.
:




posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
very few people are open to the idea that space-aliens nuked our planet into chaos and that it could happen again.

Nobody believes it because there's absolutely no evidence of it. Yeah yeah...sand turned into glass, Hindu religious texts blah blah blah which all add up to nothing. There's an amazing amount of data that disproves this theory and an extremely large amount lacking that proves it. Why is it qualified, highly trained geologists, archaeologists, egyptologists and paleontologist all seem to do the hard work but a few stray yahoos in the UFO community, sci-fi new agers and amazingly unqualified fantasy writers seem to feel they know better on those topics?



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
To quote another, if they were so advanced, why didn't they survive the catastrophe?


I'm just curious, what makes you think they didn't survive?

[edit on 22/7/04 by FormerFed]



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
very few people are open to the idea that space-aliens nuked our planet into chaos and that it could happen again.

Nobody believes it because there's absolutely no evidence of it. Yeah yeah...sand turned into glass, Hindu religious texts blah blah blah which all add up to nothing. There's an amazing amount of data that disproves this theory and an extremely large amount lacking that proves it. Why is it qualified, highly trained geologists, archaeologists, egyptologists and paleontologist all seem to do the hard work but a few stray yahoos in the UFO community, sci-fi new agers and amazingly unqualified fantasy writers seem to feel they know better on those topics?


Did you READ the links i used in one of my posts? it doesnt sound like it- shall i say it again yes he is a fantasy WRITER but the book is not fantasy, it is packed with eveidence and trained historians.

Some people cannot believe THEORIES- we are not all saying that the ALIENS DEFFINATLEY DID, I SWEAR ON MY LIFE THEY BUILT THE PYRAMIDS.

Do you have any proof that they didnt- i havent seen you use any sources, and i for one dont think i know more than and archeologist or whatever- i am just OPENING MY MIND...

I feel like all i am doing is repeating what i have said alot- in different ways- when is it going to hit you that we are not all saying we are better- we dont think we know more- everyone is discussing what they believe and different theories.



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Miss Pickle,

Just a little advice...

Don't waste your time and energy responding to Sinobyte. He is not an objective scholar who is open to the truth but merely wants to spread his bias and prejudice. No matter how much evidence or documentation you present to him, directly and/or indirectly, it doesn't make any difference!

Just hit that ignore button like I did and don't give it a second thought.




posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
how about this, sinobyte: i (probably along with others in this thread) am open to other ideas and theories about who built the pyramids, as well as how they were built. can you supply me with any links or an initial direction to follow that will support your theories? i'm asking sincerely here, as i would like to get a fuller picture of where you're coming from.

there are a lot of posts and maybe i've missed it, but up until now all i've heard from you are attacks directed against others whose theories differ from yours.



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The following site has some great info collected by experts and archeoligist in the field of pyramid research as well as dozens of great links towards the subject. Trust me, you could spend all day just going thru all the text in there. It offers explenations to all the theories around the building of and the purpose of the pyramid.

www.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
thanks mpeake!!!! delving away......



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I pulled the following link from another ATS thread about stonehenge, but thought it's material was very useful in this discussion. It's basically about a retired carpenter who is able to replicate massive stone projects with very ancient technologies. The link is mostly about his stonehenge replication and how he went about it, but also simplistically explains how he could build the great pyramid using his ancient techniques in 25 yrs, 50 weeks a yr, using 500 or so men working 40 hrs/day. It's so simple it's almost laughable. Please read thru the whole site, it's very enlightening!


www.theforgottentechnology.com...



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by devil9t9uk
This could be possible as scientists think that we didnt have the know how to move stones that weigh from 2.5 tons to 50 tons and build a pyramid at 3,3376,350 cubic yards.

Even in Egyptian writing it tells about the skys opening and lights shining down on them.

Aliens Helping To Build Great Pyramids?

Maybe just maybe the aliens may have taught the human race all about engineering and technology?




No it was man built. The Egyptians were the most advanced in the world at that period of time. They had the best everything. Currency, suurplus of food, and great architecture. I think they were man made. Using a system of pullys, and hundreds of people will be able to pull a 2.5 ton stone. They would have to build rapms to the top tu do it though. As for the light in the sky they probably wrote about thew sun, and made up myths about gods.



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Do any of you really belicve that aliens traveled X amout of time to come to Earth, and build something?

Thats like me traveling cross country BY FOOT, just to go to the bathroom.



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
W.T. Wallington’s ability to construct a Stonehenge Replica by himself, without any high-tech equipment, is truly remarkable.

However, in having visited Coral Castle a couple of years ago, I can honestly say that Edward Leedskalnin has W.T. Wallington beat. Ed's fortress-like tribute to a lost love is constructed of massive coral blocks, many of which EXCEED FIVE TONS.

Additionally, the entrance is made of a gate fashioned from a single block of coral that weighs NINE TONS.

There is no comparison between Wallington’s Stonehenge Replica and Coral Castle.

Not even close.




posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I think they were man made. Using a system of pullys, and hundreds of people will be able to pull a 2.5 ton stone.


What about the stones that had a weight of up to 50 tons?
Thats alot of pulleys.



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by devil9t9uk

Originally posted by AD5673
I think they were man made. Using a system of pullys, and hundreds of people will be able to pull a 2.5 ton stone.


What about the stones that had a weight of up to 50 tons?
Thats alot of pulleys.


with enough wood you can do alot, and wasn't it true there were alot of trees the time they were build??

[edit on 22/7/04 by Vault]



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Pyramids were not constructed simply because that was the only way as some in this post have stated. It would be logical to propose if the Kemites could build a structure which we can't today, then they could build simple arches. Pyramids were chosen as the shape around the world for ancient structures for symbolic, mathematical, metaphysical, and esoteric reasons.

The Pyramids at Giza were also not built by thousands of slaves, this is a myth that has been perpetuated through the ages much like the myth of the pyramids being used for tombs. This also is not true, as far as the Kemetic pyramids go, as no body has ever been found entombed within.

The reasons modern man cannot figure out the way the ancients constructed the Pyramids at Giza, and other monumental structures around the globe is because they are approaching it from an artificial and improper standpoint. There are many types of technology, we unfortunately as a civilization are focused on the mechanical and only that.

HOTEP



posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu
The reasons modern man cannot figure out the way the ancients constructed the Pyramids at Giza, and other monumental structures around the globe is because they are approaching it from an artificial and improper standpoint. There are many types of technology, we unfortunately as a civilization are focused on the mechanical and only that.
HOTEP


Deffinatley- modern man has lost abilites to use the mind to its full extent- due to technology- it makes us lazy, and have a different approach to things



posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by misspickle
Did you READ the links i used in one of my posts? it doesnt sound like it- shall i say it again yes he is a fantasy WRITER but the book is not fantasy, it is packed with eveidence and trained historians.

I did read the links. And if the book was packed full of evidence and information from historians you wouldn't continually state it's just theory. You'd be stating it's established fact, which I've noticed you haven't done.

I'm sure the book was an interesting read and on occasion I like to read books and essays that might be considered "alternative history" but simply because somebodies wild ideas are labeled as "theories" doesn't make them worth considering or legit. With enough time I can create a theory proving Elvis may have aided in the building of the Pyramids, I could offer you dates and my own Egyptian translations to back this silly theory...would that make it something worth considering simply because I could connect Elvis with the Egyptians? Of course not. This "theory" of aliens aiding in the construction and design of the Pyramids is no different.


Originally posted by misspickle
Some people cannot believe THEORIES- we are not all saying that the ALIENS DEFFINATLEY DID, I SWEAR ON MY LIFE THEY BUILT THE PYRAMIDS.

Do you have any proof that they didnt- i havent seen you use any sources, and i for one dont think i know more than and archeologist or whatever- i am just OPENING MY MIND...

I don't recall ever saying anybody did swear on their life that aliens built the pyramids.

It's funny you should ask me to prove aliens didn't help build the pyramids because that just doesn't make sense. Why should I be expected to shove established historical fact (not theory) aside in order to disprove your theory? The burden of proof is on those that wish to establish a theory as fact.

I understand you're just "opening your mind" but don't do it at the expense of your common sense and ability to distinguish fact from theory.


Originally posted by misspickle
I feel like all i am doing is repeating what i have said alot- in different ways- when is it going to hit you that we are not all saying we are better- we dont think we know more- everyone is discussing what they believe and different theories.

You do seem to be repeating yourself which only goes to prove you cannot confront my opinions with anything more than the parroting of somebody who desires to believe in something they know holds no fact. I don't claim to be better than anybody else nor do I feel any of you are...what I do feel is that you're doing a great disservice to yourself and the Pyramid builders, archaeologists, egyptologists and others by continually harping about aliens building something that is obviously some of mankinds greatest achievements.


[edit on 7/24/2004 by Sinobyte]



posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Miss Pickle,

Just a little advice...

Don't waste your time and energy responding to Sinobyte. He is not an objective scholar who is open to the truth but merely wants to spread his bias and prejudice. No matter how much evidence or documentation you present to him, directly and/or indirectly, it doesn't make any difference!

Just hit that ignore button like I did and don't give it a second thought.



Ah yes, advice from the unlicensed and unethical new age hypnotherapist who has escaped alien capture by wearing sunglasses and closing his window shades lol

I'm not biased or "prejudiced". Just skeptical of crackpots who pass themselves off as qualified counselors that offer unscientific and downright irrational information to others under the guise of somebody with firsthand information.

[edit on 7/24/2004 by Sinobyte]



posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by el cid
how about this, sinobyte: i (probably along with others in this thread) am open to other ideas and theories about who built the pyramids, as well as how they were built. can you supply me with any links or an initial direction to follow that will support your theories? i'm asking sincerely here, as i would like to get a fuller picture of where you're coming from.

there are a lot of posts and maybe i've missed it, but up until now all i've heard from you are attacks directed against others whose theories differ from yours.

I'm not offering ideas and theories on who built the Pyramids. I'm stating established fact that man built the Pyramids and I'm not attacking others, I'm challenging them to deny ignorance. The facts are already there...by simply assuming that aliens must have helped the Pyramid builders because the blocks were heavy, they might not have had the technology or the intellect to design the Pyramids on their own is just wishful thinking and in my opinion ignorant of the facts.

BUT...far be it from me to not offer established and easily accessible information gathered by todays top archaeologists and egyptologists, so here's my evidence to back my "theory".

interoz.com...
www.geocities.com...
www.prevos.net...
www.harvard-magazine.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.newton.cam.ac.uk...



posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu
The Pyramids at Giza were also not built by thousands of slaves, this is a myth that has been perpetuated through the ages

The general thoughts on this is that the proof surrounding the Pyramids builders was more likely a couple thousand raw laborers or teams that worked in shifts. It's also believed that many of the locals willing helped. BUT...there is no evidence that slaves were absolutely NOT used. Fact of the matter is...aside from some quarters and graffiti establishing the presence of phyles, there's no evidence disproving the use of slave labor. It was a common practice to use slaves for these types of heavy labor projects. Many people wish to phase out the slavery aspect in order to de-villainize ancient Egypt.




top topics



 
1
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join