It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott

Originally posted by Nygdan
No, in fact, I've never heard of them ever being aligned. Also, there are multiple magnetic norths.

Okay if there are multiple magnetic norths than can you tell me how compass's work? Magnetic north has changed but there are not mutiple ones. Maybe a trail left behind but not multiple.

No, there are multiple ones. They are close together, they are magnetic centers. They aren't even located at the north pole, there is at least one in canada. Actually, the 'North Pole' of the planet is a magnetically south pole, so the whoel thing can get a little confusing.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I posted an excerpt from a calculation of a 2000 person workforce that could have been easily used over a period of 10 years.

I just wanted to comment on these calculations based on the part of the construction that makes my head spin.

Let us assume 700 blocks per day to allow for some wastage.

There are 1440 minutes in a day. This allows an average of 2 minutes 3 seconds per block to precisely set the block into place. Even allowing for 10 blocks being processed at the same time, each set of 10 blocks must be set within 21 minutes.

If we assume that they are not being flogged to death, take a reasonable rest between each block and we use 10 lifting engines side by side, then each engine series needs to lift 70 blocks per day.

With 70 blocks per day, each block along with a reasonable rest needs to be processed with an average time of 20 minutes and 30 seconds.

It was always the time required that made my head spin.
Even with 50 years worth of seasonal labor that likely did not work nights to avoid injury, the numbers are still amazingly quick.

Unless they were processing a great number of blocks at one time. Then my hats are off to the supervisorary team. But of course, this blows the 2000 people theory out of the water.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't think I want to read through 10 pages of alien conspiracies because that's really not my thing, but when I was browsing and I saw this topic I thought I'd give you something to think about.

www.coralcastle.com...

Check out that website - the entire castle with blocks of stone comparable to the pyramids was erected by a single man. He employed some modern technology (ropes, gears, etc) but the sort of things he used aren't things that couldn't be replicated with older technology (ropes, pullys..).

It's possible, and it's not as complicated as you might think.

One thing I always see coming up is the accuracy of the cuts and the placement of the stones. Someone always mentions how even a laser lines up with them. Funny thing is that a piece of string will do the same thing.. and the math for figuring out how to fit two stones together isn't terribly complicated, and certainly not over the ancient Egyptian's head.

Not bad for a 100 pound man, eh?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
nygdan,

In regards to shafts being aligns with stars. I find it amazing enough the shafts actually exsist. That they built the pyramids in such a way tiny little shafts exsist! Let alone these shafts points directly at a star.

The Great Pyramid is located at the exact centre of the Earth's land mass. That is, its East-West axis corresponds to the longest land parallel across the Earth, passing through Africa, Asia, and America. Similarly, the longest land meridian on Earth, through Asia, Africa, Europe, and Antarctica, also passes right through the Pyramid. Since the Earth has enough land area to provide 3 billion possible building sites for the Pyramid, the odds of its having been built where it is are 1:3 billion. As previously discussed in my article on Anomalous Maps, the ability to compute longitude was not supposedly available to cartographers or anybody else until the 18th century. Without an understanding of longitude it would be exceptionally difficult to be able to pinpoint the size, shape, and relative mappings of the Earth's land masses and seas. Without longitude it would have been near impossible to undertake major sea journeys, and yet if the evidence (such as Egyptian mummies containing coc aine traces) is reliable, the Egyptians did actually undertake such exploratory missions, even as far as South America (the only place the coc aine could have come from). (All this despite their apparent hatred of sailing on the open seas!) And even if we accept that the Egyptians of thousands of years ago were competent navigators, how could they have known about the exact interrelation of the rest of the Earth's land mass? And then there are the statistics

Also the pyramid allowed for movement within the Earth, much like a morden day sky scraper is built to absorb slight Earth movements.

Mpeake, no I didn't read your links before, but I have seen countless programs about how man built the pyramid, I laughed at the end of them. Still, thats my opinion.

There is in fact documentary evidence from Sumerian clay tablets unearthed in the great historical library of Nineveh that the Great Pyramid was known to the Sumerians of 10,000 years ago, 6000 years before the first Pharaoh of Egypt was even born.

Knowing a little about the sumerians I can believe this. Still thats my thoughts.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz
Someone always mentions how even a laser lines up with them. Funny thing is that a piece of string will do the same thing.. and the math for figuring out how to fit two stones together isn't terribly complicated, and certainly not over the ancient Egyptian's head.

Thats because:-

the The outside surface stones are cut within 0.01" of perfectly straight and at nearly perfect right angles for all six sides. And they were placed together with a gap between them of only 0.02". Modern technology cannot place such 20-ton stones with greater accuracy than those in the Pyramid. As already noted above, the variance from perfect alignment seen in the Pyramid is still something which is unattainable today.

One more thing. The pyramids were build in one a few places on Earth that had the bedrock to support them, that seem to require knowledge of underneth the Earth to a certain degree.

Jer. 32:20 God has set signs and wonders
in the land of Egypt, even to this day

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
nygdan,

In regards to shafts being aligns with stars. I find it amazing enough the shafts actually exsist. That they built the pyramids in such a way tiny little shafts exsist! Let alone these shafts points directly at a star.

I agree to, its pretty darned amazing. But that doesn't mean that aliens had to help.

The Great Pyramid is located at the exact centre of the Earth's land mass. That is, its East-West axis corresponds to the longest land parallel across the Earth, passing through Africa, Asia, and America. Similarly, the longest land meridian on Earth, through Asia, Africa, Europe, and Antarctica, also passes right through the Pyramid. Since the Earth has enough land area to provide 3 billion possible building sites for the Pyramid, the odds of its having been built where it is are 1:3 billion.

Thats kind of silly, don't you think? How was this measurement even made, how exact is it?

Also the pyramid allowed for movement within the Earth, much like a morden day sky scraper is built to absorb slight Earth movements.

again, why are aliens required for this? And how do they allow for this movement? Is it just a result of the overall structure?

There is in fact documentary evidence from Sumerian clay tablets unearthed in the great historical library of Nineveh that the Great Pyramid was known to the Sumerians of 10,000 years ago, 6000 years before the first Pharaoh of Egypt was even born.

Knowing a little about the sumerians I can believe this. Still thats my thoughts.

Where are these documents? What is the particular passage that describes the great pyramid existing so much earlier than it was made? Why don't egyptian document note its previous existence?

The pyramids were build in one a few places on Earth that had the bedrock to support them,

What makes you say that?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well if Egypt were to shows the pyramid was there before the ancient eygptians there would be an uprising. All these years we have believed it was the egyptians that have built it when infact it was there before them. I think they would do their utmost to stop that information coming out.

Mysteries of the Pyramid By David H. Lewis - This is a good book for a lot of info. Some things are far out but its up to you to decide.

About Giza being in the centre of the Earth. Imagine for a second your viewing it from space. Giza can be viewed from space and it was capped with a golden capstone which reflects the sun. Now imagine the sun hitting this capstone and therefore highlighting the centre of the planet from a space eye view. Its a theory anyway. *awaits great wall of china comments* Also because it is in the centre of Earths landmass, it cuts the Earth up into approximately equal quarters, again its a handy marker for the centre of Earth.

That might be far out, but hey!

As for building it on bedrock. I don't have proof of that BUT you can't build object of that wieght on any surface. You have to make sure the surface can support such structures no? I mean you can't build such things on sand alone. Also the pyramids go down into the ground quite far, I went inside Cheops and just couldn't beleive man build it with 'man' knowledge.

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well if Egypt were to shows the pyramid was there before the ancient eygptians there would be an uprising.

I mean the ancient egyptians. Why don't their records show that the GP existed before its supossed.

All these years we have believed it was the egyptians that have built it when infact it was there before them. I think they would do their utmost to stop that information coming out.

Egyptology is older than the modern state of egypt

Also because it is in the centre of Earths landmass, it cuts the Earth up into approximately equal quarters, again its a handy marker for the centre of Earth.

But that isn't what they are saying. Its not the 'center' of the globe. They are saying that the 'longest' line of continuous land latitudinally and longitudinally intersect at the exact point that the GP is. I, for one, don't see how they figured this out in any exact terms, and it would seem that some water bodies would have to be crosses doing that.

You have to make sure the surface can support such structures

But then where isn't the ground able to support it in the area?

Also the pyramids go down into the ground quite far

They go into the bedrock or they have been partially buried by sands?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There's alot of evidence regarding if Aliens built the pyramids or not.

Check this out www.csicop.org...

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Minime]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Pyramid of Giza is located at the centre of Earths land mass

how can a sphere have a center on it's surface?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Nygdan,

Yes they cut into the bedrock.

How do you think they could Build giza where it is in relation to Earth? even if they traveled water bodies with SAILS how did they map it all out without a compass etc?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minime

Did you even read that article. I did (and I wish I hadn't) It was complete babble. It offered nothing close to being evidence that aliens had anything to do with the pyramids. Just speculation and imaginative wishful thinking. If anything, that article supports the fact that aliens had nothing to do with them.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

like this??
maybe centre is the wrong word.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Nygdan,

Yes they cut into the bedrock.

This is the first I have ever heard of this, what is your source?

How do you think they could Build giza where it is in relation to Earth?

I do not think it is in any particular relation to the earth. I don't think that it is in this 'exact' position they are saying.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Did you even read that article. I did (and I wish I hadn't) It was complete babble. It offered nothing close to being evidence that aliens had anything to do with the pyramids. Just speculation and imaginative wishful thinking. If anything, that article supports the fact that aliens had nothing to do with them.

It's more information regarding the fact that they DID'NT have anything to do with them.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It's more information regarding the fact that they DID'NT have anything to do with them.

I thought you were using it to defend the claim that aliens built the pyramids.
Now it makes a whole lot more sense. The whole time I read it I was thinking about how much BS it was. Now it makes a bit more sense since you were using it to show they didn't help build them. My bad!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

like this??
maybe centre is the wrong word.

that's not a landmass wenter it's the point where 2 lines cross (i can't remember the names of the lines we imagined for positions)

it's a coincidence,those lines weren't invented until recently

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe the Pyramids are the sign mentioned in the Bible . . .

In the Midst on the Border in Egypt? This would mean that the celestials/gods and angels did build them.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi to all of the team.

Mpeake you make me laugh very well, with yours calculation.Realy!!
But be a brave boy one day you will understand that mich-mach,sure.
Now Iam serieux: GOOGLE , tape BAALBEK. clic- The Ruins at
Baalbek. I don't say have a nice head spin. OK.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To the writer-scholar --no slavery work on Pyramides,
the slavery man in the Pharaon's army, the womens in the kitchen and
home work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who give :www.ancientegypt.co.uk/pyramids---this web I send to a good
psychiatrist-the Freudien one----all web staff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The oficial chronology of Egypt start whit Pharaon
MENES (in greec)------4308--4246 B.C.----62 years trone power.

Well , Egypt exist:

Champolion--------5867 B.C.

Lesieur-------------5773 ------

Boeck ------------ 5702 ------

Hensy ------------5303 --------

Lenormant ------ 5124 ---------

Mariette --------5004 ----------

de Saulcy -----4717 -----------

Brugsch ------ 4455 ----------

Lepsius -------3892 ------------

de Bunsen ----3623 ---------

Weigall -------- 3407 ---------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HAVE A QUSTION to the archeologists : Who build the Pyramides

Second question to my self:I hit the big Mack truck or

the Mack truck hit me??

I am honnest with all of you and with me.

All about the Pyramides is well cooking INTENATIOL HOAX.

CIAO chapo

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapo
Hi to all of the team.

Mpeake you make me laugh very well, with yours calculation.Realy!!
But be a brave boy one day you will understand that mich-mach,sure.
Now Iam serieux: GOOGLE , tape BAALBEK. clic- The Ruins at
Baalbek. I don't say have a nice head spin. OK.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To the writer-scholar --no slavery work on Pyramides,
the slavery man in the Pharaon's army, the womens in the kitchen and
home work.
Who give :www.ancientegypt.co.uk/pyramids---this web I send to a good
psychiatrist-the Freudien one----all web staff.

The oficial chronology of Egypt start whit Pharaon
MENES (in greec)------4308--4246 B.C.----62 years trone power.

Well , Egypt exist:

Champolion--------5867 B.C.

Lesieur-------------5773 ------

Boeck ------------ 5702 ------

Hensy ------------5303 --------

Lenormant ------ 5124 ---------

Mariette --------5004 ----------

de Saulcy -----4717 -----------

Brugsch ------ 4455 ----------

Lepsius -------3892 ------------

de Bunsen ----3623 ---------

Weigall -------- 3407 ---------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HAVE A QUSTION to the archeologists : Who build the Pyramides

Second question to my self:I hit the big Mack truck or

the Mack truck hit me??

I am honnest with all of you and with me.

All about the Pyramides is well cooking INTENATIOL HOAX.

CIAO chapo

Whew...that was a plethora of great information!!!
Just that no one here has any idea what you are talking about. And, I guess you have a little comprehension problems, because I never said they were my calculations. The link I provided should have cleared up any misconseptions of where the calculations came from. But I digress...there's no point in arguing with someone who is obviously on a higher level of intellect as yourself. Enjoy your pedastool!

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join