Japan Earthquake: before and after

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Japan Earthquake: before and after

www.abc.net.au

Aerial photos taken over Japan have revealed the scale of devastation across dozens of suburbs and tens of thousands of homes and businesses.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here are some before and after pictures of some areas that were devasted by the tsunami.
There are more pictures in the link and you toggle on screen to compare the difference.

Truly amazing and heartbreaking.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's hard to even find words to express. I know I didn't sleep well last night, thinking about all of it. Got up early this morning and turned on the TV to watch news and came on here to see any new developments. There's such a heavy feeling in my heart. This is just too sad.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
sad and amazing photos of everything being damaged and darkened. I found a few other before and after photos from a the daily mail with some other incredible photos of the damage. It's unbelievable

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wow, that’s awful. Drag the cursor over the pics and watch how entire villages are replaced with debris. It’s a bit hard to comprehend really.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It is hard to describe what has happened there. Picture can truly say more than words sometimes.
I would of added more pics from the page but ATS doesn't support bmp.
Please add more pics if you have them. It is hard for us to comprehend what has happened.
The pics of the airport and Nuclear power plant tell a story to, as they all do.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Wow, that’s awful. Drag the cursor over the pics and watch how entire villages are replaced with debris. It’s a bit hard to comprehend really.

I know. I just doesn't even seem real. To try to comprehend an event like this to have happened in such a short period of time. It's like something out of a movie, and the nuclear reactor situation is, in my opinion, just mind-boggling.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here is a NASA satellite image of Sendai before and after.

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 13-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

By the way thanks for the website you linked. It has many more pictures plus an interactive feature
that i wouldn't have found without your thread. S & F!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's hard to imagine how they're going to rebuild. Almost everything is gone or destroyed. I can't even begin to comprehend even the initial steps of recovery. Where the heck would you even begin? And how? I guess it is literally minute by minute decisions for now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I honestly don't think they are ever going to be able to recover. Japan's economy was already ready to break and now......

It's unprecedented. Not to mention the atomic catastrophe ready to happen

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by maybee

I honestly don't think they are ever going to be able to recover. Japan's economy was already ready to break and now......

It's unprecedented. Not to mention the atomic catastrophe ready to happen

Where do you think the survivors will go? I've been wondering about that all night. Where are they going to go? From what I could comprehend about the reactors, once they cool them with sea water, they are unusable. That was they're source of energy, is that correct? Not sure.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It really is a sad little world at the moment.
Floods, Earthquakes and tsunami's.
It seem's that we cant escape natures fury, and that nature is giving us all a good smack on the butt at the moment.
Then we throw the nuclear fallout with this and it seems like we are stuffed.
We have a long march ahead my friends.
The troubles that are ahead for us all are troubles that our generation have not experienced before.
We must stand up for each other, give help to the one's that need it.
Learn from our past mistakes that our ELDERS have made.
And remember, nature, it is like a lover, there is beauty and pleasure in its touch, but just when you least expect it, that beauty can turn around and destroy you in a heart beat.

Take care

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I read one town is missing 10 000 people!
Can you imagine the locals three months from now, walking the streets, wondering what happened to all those familiar faces…
Just think of all the pets that couldn’t be saved, the dogs tied up, the cats locked in homes.
Nevermind the belongings lost and property destroyed. Somewhere out there is a guy that just met the girl of his dreams. And now he’s combing through the rubble of what was their second date. A brother and his younger sister is looking desperately for their parents after their home basically vanished. A worker at the Nuclear plant knowing that the exposure is going to kill him, but he keeps working because the lives of his nation depend on it. And hopefully a politician who believes in giving the people a fair chance of survival, rather then keep the truth hidden and let a nation die off.
The ripples of this event will not stop until the entire world is affected on one way or another.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun
reply to post by pazcat

By the way thanks for the website you linked. It has many more pictures plus an interactive feature
that i wouldn't have found without your thread. S & F!

That's alright

It is definitely worth looking at that link as some of the picture formats are not supported on ATS so I cant upload them.
I think there is going to be so many pictures and footage in the coming days that we will be bound to miss out on some of them.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Heartbreaking.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

The above images show how the city of Natori, Miyagi prefecture, looked before and after the quake and resulting tsunami.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
again this proves beyound a shadow of a doubt who really is boss of our planet....

which is the planet her self.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Couldn't agree with you more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join