It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so depressed by all of the recent developments!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I am so depressed. Revelation is enough to bring on depression but compound that with the natural disasters and man made ones... I feel really sad.

It is not just religion or disasters...it is the state of the world at large.

Oil spills, rioting/protests around the world, war on terror, war in general.... species dying off etc...earthquakes etc...why bother doing anything?

How can anyone feel optimistic about the state of things at the moment?

Religious people will say... oh there is a new planet and happy la la la heaven... does that mean we should just continue to do what we do?

continue to pollute? continue to abuse the planet?

What if this is it? This is all we have got and if we destroy it... the end!

I actually feel sick from all the negativity. It just seems so out of balance lately!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My perverse side says "Everything that's going on in the world right now is absolutely fascinating" .... and my empathetic side basically echo's your thoughts and concerns.

Take this from someone who's experience severe depression. Try to desensitize yourself to the global situation. You can't carry the burden of the world yourself... you cannot keep your sanity and will if you continue to think about such things at a constant rate and put the worlds burdens on yourself.

SnF (I'm sure this is how many people feel and it's good to put it out there)

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 13-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

You cannot stop it. But, you don't have to be a part of the negativity.

You have the choice what you focus your attention on. Do you choose doom and gloom or do you look for the positives in that?

Do you look to see how you can shine, how you can model behaviours you want to see in the world?

Change starts with one person, who then joins forces with others of like mind and so on.

Change also starts from planting seeds and shining brightly as you can for others to see a different way of being in this world.

What you see in the world around you is how it HAS to be for now. Accept that so you can learn equanimity... seeing all the negatives and not being effected by it.. being in this world but not of it.

You have all the choice, so what do you choose?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i understand Thurisaz... i think many people will... it's awful feeling so negative, helpless about it all

hard for everyone right now, but i especially worry about how all of this may be affecting young people, how they are perceiving their future... some will be very aware, others not so

i know it seems like a total cop-out, & won't resolve any of the issues at hand... but i think every now & then, we need to step back, & distract ourselves in a way which enables us to try to relax a little, & recoup some vital energy that is drained from our anxiety & depression at state of the world

we may not be able to work on everything that needs it - work on those things you can, though - but we can certainly try to keep our heads above water, take care of ourselves, & those around us during this time

some people want to bury their heads in the sand - everyone copes differently, as you know - but, for those of us who don't, i think it's important to try as best we can to keep perspective & balance

even without all of the stuff that's happening, everyday life's such a struggle anyway... this is why it's important to have some kinda therapeutic hobby(s) that can "take you away/out of yourself/the world" for a while

arts/crafts/music, or anything creative like that helps me to do this... walking in nature always does too (although it could be depressing right now, juxtaposing it with the knowledge of what's happening ecologically) - still, it's there for us... beauty like no other

i hope you have/can find something to get a little therapeutic respite... i don't think it's a cop-out, personally - i think it's healthy for us to do it... we are vulnerable to more & more depressive, developing world events, & need to take special care of our thoughts & feelings

take care, & best wishes to you

DANCING is a therapy like no other for me!
edit on 13/3/11 by pattonisit because: erm... mike patton

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Imagine that you were born before tv, radio and internet, even before newspapers. Would you even know about all the disasters? Think how much lighter your world would be if you were not being fed all of this information. Try not eating it.
Try feeding on stuff like this instead;
www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-3-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

My perverse side says "Everything that's going on in the world right now is absolutely fascinating" .... and my empathetic side basically echo's your thoughts and concerns.
Yeah, it's the same for me. But I can't help but feel people were warned...SO MANY people have been warning all of you for SO LONG...I fear we haven't even seen the worse of this yet, the party is just getting started...things are just getting warmed up... ... ...imo.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Than surrender to your destiny and let it take you, your ignorance is your feewill, your ignorance is your ego.
Destiny free's the enegy within, from the prison. surrendering breaks the chains from your spirit the truest energy of you.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Share the same sentiments as Aeonstorm on the whole, though these past few days have been rough for me. Bad week to decide to give up smoking hey? Sad and incredibly angry all at the same time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Times are bad, to be honest world events are starting to scare me.

I don't even know what to say these days about it, I'm on ats more and more but saying less and less.

Just don't let it drive you crazy and remember gallows humour is okay.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by AeonStorm

Yeah, it's the same for me. But I can't help but feel people were warned...SO MANY people have been warning all of you for SO LONG...I fear we haven't even seen the worse of this yet, the party is just getting started...things are just getting warmed up... ... ...imo.

I think we're on the same wavelength Whiz. I too believe things are just getting warmed up for some type of "main event" so-to-speak.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The earth is going through some serious changes , the planet is renewing itself , all the theologists and scientists know this , when it's all over , the people that are left will be the one's to start anew .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My advice is relax and enjoy the coming rollercoaster ride, its gona give people somthing more important to worry about rather than x factor, or which celeb is is going through a divorce, maybe people will finaly pull toghter and actualy help each other

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Crap happens. You live long enough and you'll see it all. Doesn't mean you should lose hope though, or throw a pity-party either; you could be someone in the middle of some hellish disaster. It can always be worse.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Stay positive my friend, i realize it can be hard but look at it this way...

IF you had no TV, you wouldn't even know about the world events or any natural disasters. You'd be living in a more natural state...

Don't let the media get you down, its all the same crap. Advertisements, crimes, disasters, politics... Its what sells...

And its all garbage
edit on 13-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think it is best I just turn the TV off. Avoid the news all together. Focus on some nice things...

thx for the advice and the utube link.

I concede defeat really, there is not much we can do, if a disaster happens or the end of world does happen...we can't do anything to change that. so I guess I will bury my head in the sand and ignore all the doom and gloom.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I felt the exact same way a couple of months ago, what I did was to promise myself that I would make this world a better place, that I was going to do everything to change what we are doing to it and that all I was going to pursuit for myself was happiness.

Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

edit on 13/3/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Theres nothing anyone can do, but we can live and love... and enjoy life!

It really is a beautiful world man...

try to find the positive in everything

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

try to find the positive in everything

I couldn't agree more, theres a spanish saying that goes this way: "No hay mal que por bien no venga", which roughly translates into: there's nothing bad that isn't accompanied by good

edit on 13/3/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Runes Dorn and Thorn (Thurisaz)

"Arm yourself with willpower like steel; remember beloved reader that without the thorn that pierces or sticks, the spark does not jump, the light does not emerge.

"We can return from Tartarus and up to the light of the sun only with Thelema (Christ Will).

"Truly, I tell unto you that Christ Will knows how to obey the Father on earth as it is in heaven.

"Take heed of Evil Will; it is in itself the strength of Satan, that is to say, concentrated desire."

Practice

"In the military position, on your feet, firm, and facing towards the east, place your right arm in such a way that your hand rests upon your waist or hip, thus performing the shape of this Rune.

"Now, you must sing the mantric syllables, TA, TE, TI, TO, TU, with the purpose of developing Christ Will in yourself.

"This exercise must be practiced everyday at sunrise."

- Samael Aun Weor

09: Runes Fa, Thurisaz, Os

"The ancient Runes Fa, Dorn, and Os have a profound interdependence, and spiritually are related to our spine and the two channels of energy around it. Learn how to access the power of these runes in your spiritual practice, and how they reflect the teachings of Jesus, the book of Revelation, the Greek and Hebrew alphabets, and much more."

edit on 14-3-2011 by Tamahu because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Edit: Double Post

edit on 14-3-2011 by Tamahu because: Double Post

top topics

<<   2 >>

join