It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost city of Atlantis, swamped by tsunami, may be found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

NORTHAMPTON, Mass (Reuters) – A U.S.-led research team may have finally located the lost city of Atlantis, the legendary metropolis believed swamped by a tsunami thousands of years ago in mud flats in southern Spain.

The team's findings will be unveiled on Sunday in "Finding Atlantis," a new National Geographic Channel special.

www.reuters.com...

I, for one, am not holding my breath on this one, as it seems someone "finds" Atlantis about every 2 years or so. I am still on the fence as to whether Atlantis even exists.

However, lately scientists keep finding remains of ancient humans that seem to destroy all prior theories as to how long modern humans have inhabited Earth. Anything is possible I suppose. Let's not forget that at one time "experts" believed that Troy was nothing more than a mythical city.

edit on 13-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Awesome, I can't wait to see what they find.

Maybe they found an ancient McDonalds and a Starbucks. I'm sure that's the only thing most of us would care about though, lol.

S&F

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
Awesome, I can't wait to see what they find.

Maybe they found an ancient McDonalds and a Starbucks. I'm sure that's the only thing most of us would care about though, lol.

S&F

Exactly. And how did ancient man update his Facebook status? I personally hope they have found it this time. I've always been fascinated by the possibility of Atlantis having actually existed. They were most likely a very highly advanced civilization, possibly more so than us, and it would absolutely rewrite history.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The reuters article

Since you never actually posted a link to the source. Basicly, its just a load of hot air. They mention nothing specific at all, yet apparently they got what they consider "proof" and "evidence" of Atlantis. These "memorial cities" he's talking about is apparently proof that the atlanteans fled inland because... Well they're memorial cities! Duh! So that proves atlantis was on the coast. And atlantis being on the coast proves its memorial cities of atlantis. It all makes perfect sense if you think about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Theres already an ongoing 3 page thread about this.

Atlantis

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Theres already an ongoing 3 page thread about this.

Atlantis

Thank you for that. Mods, please close this thread. And while you're at it fix the ATS search. It sucks! That thread never showed up when I searched.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread
Scientists May Have Found Atlantis posted on Sat Mar 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM

thanks

- closed -

edit on Sun Mar 13 2011 by Jbird because: fixed link

top topics

join