It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning Behind a Handshake.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

When shaking hands with a female, I admit I do tend to give a gentler handshake myself.

Think of it this way. Men talk to each other in gruff voices, but their voices will automatically soften up when talking to a female. Handshakes tend to be the same way.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I feel this way about a hug. I do like to hug my friends and anyone that wants to be my friend will get a great big bear hug from me. Hugging skinny people is awkward, but most times they enjoy the big hug; however, those that sort of try to keep the space between the hug and do it delicately, as if they were going to break something, I get a creepy feeling from them. I then try to refrain from hugging them as they obviously are not comfortable with it. I rarely shake hands with those that I know and limit it to a "respectful" gesture to a stranger. Shaking a friend's hand, LOL, that would be like shaking your Mom's hand, or your Dad's hand; just give them a great big Hug! (that is if they are good parents and they actually Love you) If they are a close friend then they get kisses too! Male or female!

Some people just feel awkward getting hugs , and it is a more intimate gesture to some.

I enjoy them from very close friends and family only.

There used to be an aquaintance from a church I attended many years ago ,who loved giving all the woman hugs,and he hugged a little too long,and a little to tight

Finally had to tell him I wasn't a hugger ,and it made me uncomfortable.(which isn't exactly true,because there is nothing better than a big warm hug from someone you are close to)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by gabby2011

When shaking hands with a female, I admit I do tend to give a gentler handshake myself.

Think of it this way. Men talk to each other in gruff voices, but their voices will automatically soften up when talking to a female. Handshakes tend to be the same way.

Thanks for making that clear ..was starting to feel like a wussy hand shaker .

edit on 29-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oh yeah, handshakes are very important. It is not only respectful, but is a genuine connection between people. And yeah, I tend to lighten up the muscles when shaking hands with ladies. xD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join