It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange creatures found in Malta hypogeum! help me find out what is goin on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I talked to ADVISOR about starting a thread about this i started in about two weeks ago but it didn't seem to be looked at and replied to that much.
Help me find out more information about it.

Heres a thread about the hypogeum-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi there, the whole thing about the hypogeum is very interesting, and after searching the net for a bit i found this site. It mixes issues of UFO's and religion to explain a thoery involving the hypogeum.

thrashinc.dynu.com...

Site Link

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
that was a great article although i dont know about the aliens...

but anyways that does help a little and i will have to check national geographic about.

all i can say is spread the word!!!!!! Everybody needs to know about this.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
here's a thread i started a while back on this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's an interesting subject... although i havent been able to find much more on it than the one story of the missing school group.

-koji K.

EDIT: nevermind... you already posted the link.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
has anybody ever been to malta?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i need help with this subject please help me out look at this thread

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
sounds like the dillusion known as the movie "time machine".

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have also heard this theory recently about Grey's being subservient to the Reptile Aliens. Like a lower life-form same species, think worker ant.

It is possible that neither one of these spcecies, is actually more physically advanced than us. They are just of a divergent evolution. Like us perhaps, they are a slave to their technology. I know I couldn't live without my PC, or Microwave. lol

The Greys in that story attacked, and did not communicate. Then again, do you think they would have personal weapons like a gun of some kind or psi-attack?

Speculation Abounds,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have already put the hypogeum on my vacation list.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkAngel
Hi there, the whole thing about the hypogeum is very interesting, and after searching the net for a bit i found this site. It mixes issues of UFO's and religion to explain a thoery involving the hypogeum.

thrashinc.dynu.com...

Site Link

emerged in single file several very large creatures of humanoid form but completely covered with hair from head to foot

sounds like bigfoots

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hey guys, usually I don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff, but this story really intriuged me, so I thought i'd get off my arse and do a bit of research since I have free access to the Virginia Tech library and all of the databases that they suscribe to (i'm a student here at VA Tech). Here's what i've found so far. I'll post more as I come across it. Im going to post the whole article, because im not sure if you guys will be able to follow a link since I may only have access because I am accessing it from on campus.

From source: Database article

2. The Hypogeum

The allure of speculation about ancient sites is ancient as the sites themselves. For example, musings about the alleged lost continent of Atlantis go back to Plato, who alluded to a struggle that supposedly took place around 9600 B.C. between the savage inhabitants of the lost continent and the citizens of Athens. While Plato's use of Atlantis is assumed to be an allegorical device in order to underscore certain political ideas, Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods (1995) invokes the Atlantis myth in the context of alternative history, melding New Age mysticism with pseudosciences like astrology and Procrustean distortions of such traditional sciences as geology and physics.

Because it is less familiar than such mysterious places as Easter Island and Peru's Nasca Lines, I focus here on a recently excavated site on the island of Malta, the Hypogeum, an extensive underground labyrinth allegedly constructed during the Chalcolithic period (Copper Age) around 4000 B.C. Excavations began in 1905 but not until the 1950S was there enough evidence to arouse speculation about the original builders of the site, its purpose, and eventual abandonment.

Only a limited number of tourists are allowed to visit; I was fortunate enough to be one of those visitors in the fall of 2001. Despite temptations to assert a gallimaufry of "truths" about the Hypogeum, a booklet I purchased repeatedly stresses the tentative nature of nearly all claims about the place. Indeed the author warns that at times he has inserted personal suggestions into the text, conjectures that might help assuage a visitor's curiosity as he wanders from room to room.

A major mystery of the Hypogeum concerns its original purpose. Presumably it was created as a set of interconnected tombs that gradually became larger burial chambers. One of these chambers eventually became a temple that tried to replicate underground the above ground megalithic temples built at the time. These temples, including the nearby Tarxien complex, have been dated through dendrochronology and radiocarbon analysis of pottery remains found inside various temples.

But given the likelihood that the Hypogeum was originally used for communal burials, many mysteries persist. Why were the bones of the dead placed there and in other underground chambers in the first place? Out of fear or respect or both? Whose bones were so honored? And for how long?

Particularly suffused with mystery is the Oracle Room, which one reaches by descending three steps from the Hypogeum's middle floor. Numerous chambers were dug out from the walls of this room, and during excavation skeletal remains that had spilled out from these adjoining chambers were found throughout. But most remarkable are the two large holes in the walls and the red ocher spiral designs.

One conjecture is that the designs depict a tree of life, red discs representing fruit as a source of nourishment for the dead. From there some scholars have conjectured that various fertility cults held sway, carrying out rituals of birth in the context of death. That possibility has led to speculation about a proto-feminist influence, even to the possibility that the Hypogeum was, at least at some point in its history, a place reserved for women, the oracle holes ritually linked with transmission of matriarchal wisdom. Likely we will never achieve a definitive solution to the puzzle of the holes and designs.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is great!! I'm sorry i havent posted in a while ive been really busy but this is awesome!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi there. I am from Malta and still live here for now. The hypogeum of Hal Safi has been closed due to some resotration works being done there and it is not open to the general public. Various accounts are made about these temples and there are also some opening usually in the form of natural caves scattered around the island. Personally i wouldnt go there inside investigating unaided. According to geogrpahy while the Mediterranean sea was still closed Malta and Gozo, the sister islands, were two peaks of a mountains and these mountains formed part of a link between italy and north africa. Underwater temples have also been found. ALso in Gozo there is the Ggantija which dates back to before the pyramids according to some scientists. Anyways if anyone wants any more information I would gladly help.
Regards,
Darren

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Humanoid creatres covered in head to toe in fur does sound like bigfoot. Maybe the creature is just a bigfoot from malta.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You know this article sounds familiar pathoftruth,

I don't quite remember if it was in a book or magazine but it does sound familiar.

Its very interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm really sorry i havent been on in a while i just moved and have been having dificulties. This is really great i have been doing some research my self and will post it later.

top topics

join