It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythms Of The War Drums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Don't fret precious I'm here, step away from the window
Go back to sleep
Safe from pain, and truth, and choice, and other poison devils,
See, they don't give a #@&$ about you, like I do.

Counting bodies like sheep
To the rhythm of the war drums

Go back to sleep
Go back to sleep

I'll be the one to protect you from, your enemies and all your demons
I'll be the one to protect you from, a will to survive and a voice of reason
I'll be the one to protect you from, your enemies and your choices son
They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
Isolate and save you from yourself ...

Go back to sleep
Go back to sleep
Go back to sleep
Go back to sleep
Go back to sleep
Go back to sleep

edit on 3/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: title typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Love this friggin song...on my mp3 player...I like the original too.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This song absolutely rocks my socks.
Many good memories attached...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Thank you both for the replies.
I hadn't watched this video for awhile, but I can listen to Maynard everyday (and usually do).

I am hoping that just 1 person, who is not familiar with APC or Maynard at all, will open this, and realize that they have been missing out.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I prefer Pet, but still like this song. Huge fan of APC, and all of Maynard's other projects, and enjoy Billy Howerdel's new band.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Everything Maynard does is fantastic! Ive listened to this song hundreds of times, but ive never seen this video. thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Funny, the day you posted this, I had that song stuck in my head... first I had thought about it in a while.

Amazing song (both versions)! The video imagery is powerful, archetypal and tragically humorous. The lyrics are spot on as well!

Noticed in another thread you like NIN . Have you heard the Puscifer song 'Potions' with Trent?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

I have heard this, but not enough, and it's been awhile. My internet hasn't been very cooperative for me today. Loading slow, but I am loading up 'Head Down' right now. I actually haven't given 'The Slip' much of a chance. I had a burnt copy right when it came out, and listened to it several times, but nothing really stuck out enough for me to actually know the names of any of the songs. That's a sad thing to say, cuz I really am a huge NIN fan. I just need to give The Slip, more of a chance, so I'm glad you posted that 1.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah, The Slip was OK. The tracks that stuck out for me were Letting You, Discipline, Head Down and The Four of Us Are Dying. I don't tend to listen to the rest of the album much.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

A week or 2 ago, I was thinking about starting a thread devoted to anything and everything Maynard. After you posted this video, I was reminded of that. I then did a search for Maynard James Keenan. I'm sure there are other Tool videos etc., posted on here somewhere, but I didn't search that. Anyways, the search gave me some random crap threads about conspiracies(of course lol), and a couple that apparently were just lists of people's favorite bands, musicians, but the one thread that I decided to click on had this as the 1st statement.

"I'm a big fan of Maynard James Keenan's musical work with TOOL and A Perfect Circle, and most recently, Puscifer, his solo project. "
Well, considering that this part ^^^, is not even remotely close to being truth, and Puscifer is a collaborative effort between many different people, I feel it is my duty to dedicate a thread to any and all things Maynard.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A lot of UK hiphop and hardcore (underground) is MASSIVELY political and spiritual

WE ARE ONE CONSCIOUNESS

top topics

join