It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people scream HAARP whenever a natural catastrophe occurs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Because the Govt. and Military have refused over and over to allow any of us "Simple Folk" to tour the facility and are completely vague about what exactly they are doing there. Same as Area 51.

If it's as harmless as we are led to believe, open the doors. We paid for it, it's in our back yards and we pay to maintain it. We own it!

With everything we do know about HAARP, the majority of the information has come from investigative journalism and whistle blowers. We KNOW of the capabilities. We also know there are no morals within the GOVT., NASA, Military... and on and on. No need to go through that again.

So, when a weather catastrophe happens and according to what we know of HAARP's potential, coupled with the fact that all we receive from the MSM is dis-info and propaganda, can you really blame people for turning to the most likely explanation? That we are being lied to at every turn?

When Govt. says "Trust us", it's time to ask questions.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

HAARP (or in fact anything man made) is just not that powerful.

Someone, somewhere, in the past didn't like HAARP and the fact that they couldn't understand what it was for, it must have been to do something bad.

Then through a series of "chinese whispers" via radio-shows, bulletin boards and book publishings it emerged that it somehow (by actions which defy physics and any theory) caused earthquakes.

Excerpt from Monty Python & the Holy Grail:

Arthur: (to Sir Bedevere) "Explain to me once again how sheeps bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes?" Sir Bedevere: "Well..."

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

1,000,000,000 watts. Harmless.

Anything that powerful and in the hands of the wrong people is far from harmless. IMHO

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Check your facts:

Wikipedia on HAARP

3,600,000 Watts.

Also, they usually turn HAARP off during a CME or X-Class flare to prevent damage.

Check the history, there may be correlation between solar activity and earthquakes and each time a flare hits, HAARP is actually switched OFF.
edit on 13/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
please look:

''Based on the result, there is hardly any sign of electromagnetism from March 5 to 8. On Wednesday, March 9, HAARP is showing major spikes in the frequency signals of the Magnetometer. This intensity is maintained on March 10 as well. Now, here is what March 11, the day of the Japan earthquake and tsunami, looks like...''

thealienproject.blogspot.com...

why do people blame god for every natural disaster that happens..
edit on 13-3-2011 by wongy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
people always feel better when they have a scapegoat or someone to blame.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
skulls and bones is all i have to say..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmm... I am not sure. There are just people who see a conspiracy in everything.

It's the same kind of thing when you see some one shouting "dis-info agent" just because you dared to disagree with their opinion.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I guess the loss of control when a natural event occurs is unsettling for people. Pehaps sometimes people think our earth is a little more stable than it actually is, plus the notion that we are not actually in charge after all .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Sometimes Wikipedia is not the go-to guy.

I have found many others but here are 2:

HAARP Build-Out To 3.6 Billion Watt Capacity Complete.

www.rinf.com...

HISTORY AND APPLICATIONS OF HAARP TECHNOLOGIES: THE HIGH FREQUENCY ACTIVE AURORAL RESEARCH PROGRAM

By: Patrick Bailey and Nancy Worthington

www.padrak.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Both of these websites quote from dubious sources as well as legitimate ones. Where they quote the 3.6 billion Watts or 10 billion Watts output, they do not identify the source for these figures.

I believe that it could be possible that the sources of these figures could have been misinterpreted from antenna efficiency (@ 100dBW) rather than the power actually being supplied.

3.6 billion Watts is an unfeasably high output and from all pictures I have ever seen of HAARP, I have never seen a giant power station or power distribution network sufficient to generate or carry that much power. From an engineering standpoint a power generation station one third of this capability would likely be probably beyond our technology and would be huge if it were possible.

The HAARP Website agrees with the figure quoted from wikipedia. I'll go with that.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Understood. But since Wikipedia is also user edited, I went with 1 billion and not with 3.6. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth between yours and mine I believe. Of course, we don't own it personally so we'll never know.

Good input.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yup, Yup.....and Nikola Tesla never invented any scientific mind-bending technologies that our military has re-engineered into high-tech weapons.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I sit corrected, I have just found out that Hoover Dam can produce over a Gigawatt/Hour!

Not neccesarily 3 Petawatts but shows it probably can be done.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Nicola's "earthquake machine" was pneumatic not electrical.

But yes, several of his inventions/ideas are now incorporated into defense systems (eg: radar, rail guns, "active denial system" & etc).

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I have long been perplexed about this.

HAARP seems to be a research facility - not something wanting to destroy the world.

There have been huge quakes for a long time - it is just something this planet is subject to.

And on that subject, I am so sorry for you in Japan, and for my fellow NZers.

"Seems to be a research facility". Well what exactly do they do there? Does any of these posters saying its a paranoid wild conspiracy theory, even know what exactly they do there? Is this based on what they read on the internet? Have any of them been there inside? Probably not many, so how do they know either way? They don't. Fact is we don't know, and unless you find someone who works there, then... With money, persistence, time, and know how, you can develop anything you want.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

I have never been to the HAARP facility (and probably never will) but I do have some involvement with radioastronomy.

This means that I am somewhat familliar with radio technology and understand the sort of research they are doing and why.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy
please look:

''Based on the result, there is hardly any sign of electromagnetism from March 5 to 8. On Wednesday, March 9, HAARP is showing major spikes in the frequency signals of the Magnetometer. This intensity is maintained on March 10 as well. Now, here is what March 11, the day of the Japan earthquake and tsunami, looks like...''

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy
please look:

Does anybody here crying "Haaarp" even understand what the place does??? For instance if you follow the link given above and actually understand it you would realize that an induction magnetometer is a passive sensor....all it does is detect. If anything it looks as if it was giving anyone paying attention usefull info about an ongoing event.....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by csgt428

Yes, the primary science of HAARP is to measure the ionosphere and is passive. However what some of "those who cry HAARP" (TWCH) are concerned about is the capability to "ping" the Ionosphere with radio signals and to measure the delays, transmissivity and reflectivity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join