It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dream, or a memory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I know ATS is absolutely teeming with would-be seers, prophets, and psychics, but I want you to know, that I am none of those. In fact, just posting this is a major blow to my ego. I'm not making a prediction, I just need to tell someone about a dream I have had.... twice, in the last five days. It has disturbed me deeply, to the point that I am loosing sleep over it. I just can't seem to get the experience out of my head.

First off, I'm married, with 2 kids. I work a normal job, drive a normal car, eat normal food, and aside from a helpless addiction to IPA (I recently started brewing my own), I don't do drugs at all, never have really. For the first time in my life I had a recurring dream, if you could call it that.

Five days ago I was at the tail end of my vacation. I had just moved to a new house. My kids and I played in the backyard, my wife made dinner. We joked, laughed, had a good night. I drank a few beers then went to bed. Sometime during the night, I heard an extremely loud noise, it was similar to the way a large tree sounds when it is snapped at it's base by a windstorm, only much louder, and more intense. It was dark, but very noisy, I was treading water. I was holding onto something that had a rough texture, like the bark of a tree. The only think I could really see was a street light. The water I was in was moving very violently, back and forth, up and down, etc. Despite the noise I could only make out two voices.

Somewhere out there I could hear my daughter, she was screaming "daahhyyeee!!" And I could hear my wife, but I couldn't make out what she was screaming at. I knew I was in serious trouble, and I was trying to swim to what I thought was the direction of my daughters voice.

I woke in bed covered in sweat, and my wife was freaked out, she'd been trying to wake me, She said I was "running" in my sleep. I took me a good 30 minutes to gather myself because the dream was so insanely real.

A few days later the earthquake in Japan hit. It made me think of the dream in a more serious manner the day I saw the footage of the Tsunami.

Last night, I had the same dream, The exact, same dream. The only difference this time, was the level of detail. The first time I had it, the dream was sort of like a "third person" view of it. This time, I was seeing through my eyes. I felt everything. I don't ever recall feeling anything in a dream before this, but I could feel how cold the water was, I remember the way I was swimming, and the way I tried to grab onto things for leverage, everything I grabbed at would just sink, like it had no bouncey at all. Everything I grabbed had it's own unique texture. I could tell that one of the things I reached out and grabbed a hold of was a cup from a fast food restaurant. The sounds where more distinct,and this time I could hear other people out there somewhere. This time I could tell that my wife was screaming in panic for my son. The smell was unlike anything I have ever smelled before, like gasoline and an electrical fire combined. It was so loud, very very loud.

The thing that struck me the most the second time around, wasn't really anything one thing in the dream. It was how real it was. When I woke up last night I couldn't honestly say it was a dream. It would be much more accurate to say that it didn't feel like a dream at all. It feels like it already happened, like I drew the entire thing from memory.

Whatever it was that happened, it was major, and it was in my locality. I live just outside of Portland, Oregon, less that 1/4 of a mile from the Colombia river. I've got a volcano to the north, a volcano to the east, a subduction zone off the coast, and the city I live in was built on an ancient aquifer. I suppose all the B.S. that's happened in the last few years, combined with all the time-bombs I live around, has just got to me, maybe the state of the world is just so messed up right now that that it's playing games with my sleeping habits.

Regardless, I wanted to tell you about it. Some people find merit in these things, some don't, whatever the case, I can honestly say, that I feel better just typing this out. Again, I'm not predicting anything, I guess you could just consider this venting, like a form of therapy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing. I have to say, when you said where your location was, my stomach dropped. I'm in Seattle and I can tell you that many...many of us in this area are on edge regarding that very scenario. (Subduction zone quake & tsunami) Large quakes were happening just off the coast of Oregon recently too.

Obviously with what Japan is now going through, it would be easy to think that it is just your mind working on that. That's not the feeling I get (separate from reading your post), but I dearly hope that it is.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Maybe...its a repeat premonition...what if New Madrid is about to go and the water from the gulf covers a large section around the Mississippi (like that Navy Map that floats around on ATS)...?
It could be clearer because it's closer?
Just using my imagination to put a guess together for you

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I beleive that dream was a glimpse of the futur...
to give you a second chance.. to save yourself and your familly from this exact scenario

you were maybe shown the moment before your own death

i hope it was nothing .. but think again .. we cant really explain the paranormal
take this dream has a gift and build some precautions around it
just to make sure

thanks for sharing it
move away from these volcano and pass the message to other living there

with this dream the paranormal made you a messenger

edit on 3/13/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
dreams are a tricky dimension. its all in whats in our mind and what we bring with us back into reality. other places, times

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This may sound disturbing, but you don't know anyone who was in Japan do you?

I've heard people occasionally have an experience like that when someone they're close to is in grave danger.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthelookout
Thank you for sharing. I have to say, when you said where your location was, my stomach dropped. I'm in Seattle and I can tell you that many...many of us in this area are on edge regarding that very scenario. (Subduction zone quake & tsunami) Large quakes were happening just off the coast of Oregon recently too.

Obviously with what Japan is now going through, it would be easy to think that it is just your mind working on that. That's not the feeling I get (separate from reading your post), but I dearly hope that it is.

Talked to a girl I work with who is "open" about these sorts of things. I've come to find out that almost all the "younger" people I work with have been having similar dreams. Some about massive flooding, some about a massive earthquake. Their dreams are all different, but the overall theme in their dreams is, we are all at work when an earthquake hits. Including me. We all survive the quake, but at some point I leave the hospital in a panic. They don't know where I go, or why I left.

Assuming that all this insanely weird stuff is connected (and believe me, I know how this sounds), I know where I would have gone. I would go home, and try to get my family to higher ground. I am the only one there that does have a family after all.

It's been know to me for a long time that if a major earthquake hits that lasts longer that 90 seconds it means it came from the Cascadia fault line, then we would have 25-30 minutes to get to higher ground. Maybe my dream picked up where theirs left off? It was dark outside in my dream, and I work the Swing shift, so that would fit. Maybe I tried to get my family out but didn't make it in time. They stayed behind and started rescuing babies that were trapped. The lab we work in is just down the hall from Labor and Delivery.

Using clues in the dream for time placement, It would be late evening, either right when the sun went down, or shortly after. If all coworkers who had the dream were present at work, then that isolates it further, to days of the week. Which would be Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Unless one of them picks up a shift in the middle of the week.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So, do you have a plan? I had quite a prophetic dream about four years ago and I was an observer where I was only shown what could happen and I say 'could', because there are variables and things change. It hasn't happened yet, but after the dream, I knew without a doubt that there is a very high probability that it will happen and that is what I'm referring to...probabilities. I did see a flood and more, but won't go into great detail After the dream,I was very upset, because I knew I was shown a glimpse of the time line and other things as soon as I woke up, but it hasn't happened yet. There is definitely something going on with the sun.I haven't seen a crisp, clear blue sky for three years where I live and noone notices! They think it's normal! I don't talk about it much and my family thinks I'm being negative when I do, but I also am very sensitive. I didn't see the sun in a dream, I was given the information, but I have decided not to talk about it to my family, but only prepare. I was actually shown how many would 'probably' make it. 19 to 29 percent. My motto is 'nothing is absolute'. Maybe we can change it. We are always okay and I know that statement seems ridiculous, but it's true.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

I haven't had the dream again since I made this post. This morning however, my 3 year old daughter was telling me that "we gotta take the boat to the new house", I told her that we don't have a boat, or a new house. I asked her where the new house is, she said it was on an island. I stepped outside to smoke a cig on the back deck, and for some weird reason, there were 3 ducks in my backyard doing battle with the angriest squirrel I've ever seen.

I'm typing this at work right now. Most of my coworkers have headaches, including myself, several of them feel dizzy, and unstable on their feet.

This stuff is gettin to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You may be already reading these, but here are a couple of other threads discussing these things. These link to the latest page on the threads as of right now. One focusing on the Washington State area (which obviously includes Oregon) and one on alternative means of predicting earthquakes which includes dizziness, headaches, etc. Something is on it's way. And even if it isn't us now...I think it's coming soon.

What might really be happening in Washington State?

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hello,

I really do not know where to post this so I'll try to post my dream a couple of places. Mods please move the posting to the right forum.

I do have dreams and most of the time they do come true the only problem is that I am unable to interpret them correctly to find out what exactly will happen.

here is my Dream for the night of March 20th , 2011

I wake up on morning of March 21st and come out of my room, Its about 6:30 in the morning. I see that my parents are glued to TV. normally they both leave for work early so I ask them if they are feeling ok? If something is wrong?

They tell me they that when they work up and switched on TV to get whether update all channels were reporting an attack on US and India. They said that Florida, South Florida, California specifically LA & surrounding areas, Washington State and some place in India have been hit by a massive terrorist attack.

There is a huge Mushroom cloud that can bee seen on TV Coverage but no body is confirming a Nuke attack.
Now I start to watch TV & find out that indeed terrorist attacks happened but no one is confirming a Nuke attack and no reports on casualties either.

We decide that even though we live in Toronto, Canada it will be wise to stock up on few items (Fuel, Food & Water). I go back to my room to get ready.

At this very moment my dream breaks I get up and check my clock to find out that its March 21st, 2011 and the time is 5:00 EST and everyone else is still asleep.
Technically the dream should not restart because it has never happened before.

But as I go back to sleep I start to dream again and this time I find myself in a huge convention hall. there are a lots of people there but there is no party or any event being held instead everyone is waiting and there are wall mounted TV's everywhere and the same news is being played (about the terror attacks) but there is new information now all the news channels are reporting that some country in Middle East did this to teach us a lesson.
Soon people start talking that they have to leave. but everyone is afraid to open the doors. and I am wondering that we are all in Canada nothing happened here and we should get back to home but someone does open the door and I see dust all around and then I see a Huge mushroom cloud in the direction of downtown.

At this moment I again wake up and find that time now is 6:30 am March 21st, 2011 I come out of my room to find out that my parents are getting ready to go to work and there is nothing unusual and I go back to sleep (I have my own business so I start my work late)

Now I again start to dream but this time I can see my self sleeping and I can hear someone constantly whisper to me that there have been terror attacks in USA & India and something big will happen in Canada and I should prepare my self. for next 1 hour i constantly go to sleep and come out of it in 5 minutes and each time i close my eyes and I have just fallen sleep the voice starts to whisper again.

I finally get up at 7:30 am March 21st,2011. First thing i do is switch on TV , there is nothing, nothing happened and all is well.

so here is my dream folks.

But I must say one thing whenever I have dreams like this any even that does happen is not exactly in sync with my dreams. for example in December 2004 before the Asian earthquake and Tsunami I dreamed and that large amount of water rushed through my home but damaged my car only requiring extensive repairs two days from that day my Cars transmission & computer failed good thing though I still had warranty coverage but on the fifth day I woke up to learn that there has been an earthquake and tsunami and hundreds are dead.

mostly my dreams relate to my personal life so I do not discuss them or post them but this dream I had is too important to ignore. So I post it here to get an interpretation.

I must admit that for last several days MSM has been filled with japan earthquake and Middle east crisis so it my be my subconscious playing tricks on me but I welcome all your comments and interpretations.

Thanks
Lordvader

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by Onboard2

I haven't had the dream again since I made this post. This morning however, my 3 year old daughter was telling me that "we gotta take the boat to the new house", I told her that we don't have a boat, or a new house. I asked her where the new house is, she said it was on an island. I stepped outside to smoke a cig on the back deck, and for some weird reason, there were 3 ducks in my backyard doing battle with the angriest squirrel I've ever seen.

I'm typing this at work right now. Most of my coworkers have headaches, including myself, several of them feel dizzy, and unstable on their feet.

This stuff is gettin to me.

Ah, don't let it get to you, aravoth. Strangely, in my dream, I was shown that we are moving up into a sister dimension. Maybe there are different timelines, lol. Oddly, the sun was shining from the north. Do I still think it will happen? I don't know, but I know that I wouldn't have been shown, if it wasn't a possibility. I just deleted what I typed, because I don't believe it's now a possibility for the celestial mass I saw. Too much time has gone by. We know somethings going on, but events change. I was also told carbon is building up in the atmosphere and saw the clouds swirling. I was awake at that time. Haven't had any more prophetic dreams lately. It's only a possibility that we can prepare for.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have had dreams that felt so real I was sure it had already happened. There are the dreams that you just sort of know are not just a 'dream'. I always wonder to what end, ya know? What is the point of having that dream or is it just that your somehow connected to someone else or some other time or even a memory of something that either happened or will happen. Of course if it is something that will happen it is good to be aware so that you can react differently once it actually happens.

All of that said, your dream sounds like a rather large catastrophic type of event, there for I have concluded that you should just stop sleeping and dreaming!!
Why risk it!
Ok, seriously though.. I have had dreams that were very similar to what you posted and I don't ever feel like I can do anything about it. I figure at worst I waste some time and am more aware of doing things differently in my dream than in real life if for whatever reason it should occur.

join