It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Sunset Launch Of New US Spy Satellite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Spectacular Sunset Launch Of New US Spy Satellite

www.universetoday.com

A Delta IV rocket carrying a top secret military payload for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) blasted off Friday evening (March 11) at 6:38 p.m. from Cape Canaveral at Space Launch Complex-37 in Florida.

The NROL-27 payload supports the national defense...

Colors and works in the logo represent the United States Marine Corps, United States Navy, VA Tech, and fallen veterans. Logo symbols represent the United States Air Force, United States Army and two teammates killed on 9/11,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.space.com
www.nasaspaceflight.com

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The NROL-27 satellite is named “Gryphon”.
Two patches have appeared for this classified launch so far, both featuring a Gryphon: The Gryphon, part lion, part eagle, featured in both patches. Gryphons guard treasure and possessions, and are symbols of the divine and divine power; strength, military courage and leadership.

The "Custos Divini" in the first patch means "Guardian of the Divine".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0822fdc371e7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ff7c7f14bde.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dc3dd7bd2e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Latin "Nos Suo Caelum" translates "We Connect the Heavens".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a20696ec66ad.jpg[/atsimg]

"We have had an amazing five successful launches in the past 12 months, two in 2010 and three this year. I am looking forward to the launch of NROL-34 in April, which will conclude our most aggressive launch schedule in over two decades," Air Force Col. Alan Davis, director of the NRO's Office of Space Launch, after the successful liftoff.

The sixth NRO satellite is slated to launch April 12 on an Atlas 5 rocket out of Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.

www.universetoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Great post! I love the patches. S&F I wish we could do without the recon sats though. It makes me nervous instead of giving me comfort to know they are up there.

Here is the 30th Space Wing at Vandenberg AFB's Facebook page. You can keep track of the Vandenberg launches from there.
edit on 3-13-2011 by groingrinder because: To provide additional educational content.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Nah, that's a contrail....
Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Another "secret" payload...
You have to wonder what's up there...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
And republicans are cutting teachers to balance the budget....

edit on 13-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

This is one in a series...the last one was here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, Devils and Grypons...comforting really...

Since September, five different NRO satellites have been launched into orbit, including today's. On Nov. 21, a Delta 4 Heavy booster – the United States' biggest unmanned rocket currently in service – delivered a huge spy satellite into space. The rocket used in today's launch is considered a medium-class version of the Delta 4 Heavy, officially a Delta 4 M+(4,2), according to Spaceflight Now.

"We have had an amazing five successful launches in the past 12 months, two in 2010 and three this year. I am looking forward to the launch of NROL-34 in April, which will conclude our most aggressive launch schedule in over two decades," Air Force Col. Alan Davis, director of the NRO's Office of Space Launch, after the successful liftoff.

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Spectacular is right.

Even more so, accurate, unknown, and to the letter.

Bad News for Troublemakers. www.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.lockheedmartin.com...

No Dissent to Democracy =NWO Freedom Rings!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
More $$$$$ going into space. Any chances of an actual beneficial science experiment going into space, or do we just launch 1,000 spy satellites a year?

Just think if we ever have to fight the "powers that be", this will be one of the weapons they used against us, and in the ultimate sucker deal, we paid for it. Those Libyan rebels have it easy, Gadhafi only has rockets and gun ships to slaughter his peasantry, god only knows what the oligarchy of the US has in store for us if we should ever get out of hand.

Apologies for the slightly off-topic (okay, more than slightly) rant OP.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Black, good laugh.

Have you seen these "contrails"?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

What I find really interesting...

Colors and works in the logo represent the United States Marine Corps, United States Navy, VA Tech, and fallen veterans. Logo symbols represent the United States Air Force, United States Army and two teammates killed on 9/11,

The mention on 9/11...I think there is a big connection here.
Still working on it...have you seen this?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I wonder how much money goes into our black budget..... A LOT, thats why I think we'd still whip China in all out war

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I wonder how much money goes into our black budget..... A LOT, thats why I think we'd still whip China in all out war

Do we know what China has up there though ??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

About 56 Billion Dollars. And I agree, thats way too much

www.wired.com...#

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

very true......

I don't know... I just think the U.S. has had a lot more time to steal and mis use it's citizens tax money to police the world and build things.... I mean China when it comes to being a major industrialized country and being a world power is new at it all... So I just think China just hasn't been at it as long

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
More $$$$$ going into space. Any chances of an actual beneficial science experiment going into space, or do we just launch 1,000 spy satellites a year?

I dont know...what do you think.

There is a black budget Op named Retract Maple , would that qualify?

While we do end up with the technology in use in our everday lives for quite a bit of military tech,
I still shake my head.
56 Billion.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yeah but in truth all they need is a good satellite killing system to mess with US plans..
We know they can knock out satellites so maybe the US is launching counter measures..

Who knows ? The US is keeping these payloads secret more and more..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well I will tell you,,, We do not have any "Depopulation" plans for you. Private Industry does though.
We have every possible plan for the rest of the world that you can possibly imagine.
So pay your taxes, never rat out a friend, keep your mouth shut, and never turncoat your country.

Three more great things to study, The Known, The Unknown, and The Unknowable.

When you say your prayers at night and at the very end, remember to God Bless The United States of America.
Don't make me come after you and remind you ..........

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

While we do end up with the technology in use in our everday lives for quite a bit of military tech,
I still shake my head. 56 Billion.

You really believe black ops is only $56 billion ?
That's small change..Look at the US deficit rise and ask where it's all going.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Ya elites in the military industrial complex probably wipe their asses with that

[exaggeration intended]

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Thats the yearly official budget for the last two years.
www.wired.com...#

But, thats just the Black Budget, not the entire MIC budget.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join